The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just what we needed. Not seen anything of Courtinho till now, but hopefully we will push on in the second half. Lucas on for allen too

allen has to get off, thier targetting him, which means gerrard has to drop deep. lucas on.. gerrard up a bit more. i want a win nothing else, if we want europe in terms of 5th.

allen has to get off, thier targetting him, which means gerrard has to drop deep. lucas on.. gerrard up a bit more. i want a win nothing else, if we want europe in terms of 5th.

The Welsh Xavi is having a good game. He's only been dispossed 3 times, has a passing accuracy of 65%, and has only commited 2 fouls. What more do you want?

Repeating myself, but i cannot understand the Allen decision

Rodgers comes out and explain he has been injured for a while and needs shoulder surgery add the fact Lucas is key to how we play ( being so attacking in most areas )

And then he drops Lucas and plays Allen. Strange

poor performance all round, we just expected to turn up and beats southampton

Looks like Rodgers had shot himself in the foot... ah well just have to kick on from here.

so i have to ask what are your thoughts on rodgers love to know if you think hes the right man for the job?

Missed Lucas and Carragher today in my opinion, Skrtel is looking really poor last couple of days, lets hope we pull up our socks and kick on for the next game.

so i have to ask what are your thoughts on rodgers love to know if you think hes the right man for the job?

Yes, there is no point chopping and changing managers all the time, new philosophies will need new players new style ETC another manager would need time aswell

People forget we came 8th last season, anything above that is an improvement in the league

Rodgers also has had to bring in his own players after Comolli and Dalglish wasted everything we had in terms of transfer money

It takes time, next season is the big indicator

In all honesty, i'm still not a big fan, but we have no better choice elsewhere, and we shouldn't sack every other week or we'll get nowhere

Tactically he's nieve, and defensively inept

In all honesty, i'm still not a big fan, but we have no better choice elsewhere, and we shouldn't sack every other week or we'll get nowhere

Tactically he's nieve, and defensively inept

We need the players to play the way he wants, seems to be the big problem at the minute although we are getting there

However, Barcelona are very similar but their attack is so good it hides their defensive frailties

He only has one way of playing, though. if things go wrong, he doesn't know what to do too often

He only has one way of playing, though. if things go wrong, he doesn't know what to do too often

Not really.. He changed things against Tottenham and we won. If by 'he only has one way of playing' means that his teams like to always pass the ball.. Then technically every manager only has one way of playing.

The team is coming together well, we were terrible against Southampton but that's no reason to start talking about sacking a manager. Besides, most things that go wrong can be blamed on Brad Jones.. He is horrendous.

Also need to consider the fact that for half the season we only had one striker and one winger that was capable of doing anything. Downing was playing like *****, Henderson and Sterling were very hit and miss and Assaidi never played.

With Countinho and Sturridge coming in it's given him more options and he's starting show that he can infact play more than just one formation. Honestly, IMO the whole one formation, one approach thing came from a lack of any real depth at all other than playing kids.

Spanish Journalists and Papers confirming Xabi Alonso wont be signing a contract extension meaning he is very likely to leave this summer as RM dont want to risk losing him on a free

One year left, 31 years old ... would mean not that high of a fee considering his talent

Not saying it will happen, But IF it did, would make my year haha.

Spanish Journalists and Papers confirming Xabi Alonso wont be signing a contract extension meaning he is very likely to leave this summer as RM dont want to risk losing him on a free

One year left, 31 years old ... would mean not that high of a fee considering his talent

Not saying it will happen, But IF it did, would make my year haha.

Would rather see it come from him or his agent, tbf.. Spanish journalists are about as reliable as our journalists!

I remember Xabi saying in a interview that a major influence on his decision for leaving to Madrid was their relaxed tax laws.. Those laws have changed now so it wouldn't surprise me if he carried on thinking about his wallet (not condemning him for this) and moved to somewhere like Galatasaray or Anzhi.

Would probably cry with happiness if we signed him.. Would literally have to slash his wages in half though, which is highly unlikely.

Would rather see it come from him or his agent, tbf.. Spanish journalists are about as reliable as our journalists!

I remember Xabi saying in a interview that a major influence on his decision for leaving to Madrid was their relaxed tax laws.. Those laws have changed now so it wouldn't surprise me if he carried on thinking about his wallet (not condemning him for this) and moved to somewhere like Galatasaray or Anzhi.

Would probably cry with happiness if we signed him.. Would literally have to slash his wages in half though, which is highly unlikely.

Yes it is unlikely, would be only for his love of the club and not much other reason

Back