The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Player of the year has been and always will be a popularity contest

Suarez imo was never going to win the award anyway because of who he is and what he has done

It should be based on football abilities and season accomplishments, but if you do not like a player, you will not vote for him

for what Suarez has done at a fairly poor team this season is quite outstanding..

Yeah your right it is a popularity contest and that's why i said he was never going to win it anyway. Had this debate on the Chelsea thread last week that footballing wise you can't deny that Mata should win it but for some reason he isn't even mentioned when people talk about the top contenders.

Yeah your right it is a popularity contest and that's why i said he was never going to win it anyway. Had this debate on the Chelsea thread last week that footballing wise you can't deny that Mata should win it but for some reason he isn't even mentioned when people talk about the top contenders.
Carrick deserves it more than Mata. But neither will win it. It must be striker. Since almost no-one likes Suarez, it will be RVP.

RVP shouldn't win it, personally I'd have Suarez winning it, then Mata, then Bale.

What Suarez done was awful and he should and will be punished, rightfully so, but tackles like McManaman's, Aguero's, etc should also come under the spotlight, because arguably they cause much more damage. Not defending what Suarez done.

RVP shouldn't win it, personally I'd have Suarez winning it, then Mata, then Bale.

What Suarez done was awful and he should and will be punished, rightfully so, but tackles like McManaman's, Aguero's, etc should also come under the spotlight, because arguably they cause much more damage. Not defending what Suarez done.
I'd personally rather have RVP winning it, then any other player that isn't United player. That said, Suarez deserved it more than RVP.

Carrick deserves it more than Mata. But neither will win it. It must be striker. Since almost no-one likes Suarez, it will be RVP.

Carrick has done fantastic this season but i think he is being overrated for before being underrated if you get my drift. Mata's stats says it all this season, for some reason so underrated amung the media.

I'd personally rather have RVP winning it, then any other player that isn't United player. That said, Suarez deserved it more than RVP.

Think RVP might have hurt his chances a bit with his drop in form when a lot of the voting was cast.

But he keeps doing it, this is the issue. **** its not even the first time he bitten a player.

Carrick has done fantastic this season but i think he is being overrated for before being underrated if you get my drift. Mata's stats says it all this season, for some reason so underrated amung the media.

Don't think Carrick is overrated in anyway. He's the most important player for the team who have run away with the league and are on to break the points record. When Carrick hasn't played, United haven't played.

Don't think Carrick is overrated in anyway. He's the most important player for the team who have run away with the league and are on to break the points record. When Carrick hasn't played, United haven't played.

Im not saying he poor etc, infact i have been rating carrick for a long time when all the haters were on his back. But because so many hated him and people are finally coming to seeing what he does i think people have gone a tad over board. he is sensational for Utd though without a doubt.

Im not saying he poor etc, infact i have been rating carrick for a long time when all the haters were on his back. But because so many hated him and people are finally coming to seeing what he does i think people have gone a tad over board. he is sensational for Utd though without a doubt.

Not saying you don't rate him mate, just that I think people aren't going over board. Fully deserves every bit of praise he gets, and hopefully the fact more people are beginning to recognises the crucial but unglamorous role he plays will start to filter through to the national team.

What's Carrick for United? Well it's Mata times ten for Chelsea ( ok, its a exaggeration but you get what I'm trying to say) . He's holding midfield by himself, where Mata, even though he's the key player, has much bigger help from Oscar, Hazard... People all sudden started to appreciate Carrick's ability. He may not have stats like Mata, in terms of goals and assists, but his role in this United campaign is much bigger than Mata's in Chelsea.

Last edited:
Have to laugh at how some people are playing this down, it's shocking behaviour and I applaud Ivanovic for not reacting. It sickens me that people like Suarez give the sport that I love such a bad name, and it's getting worse with tabloid sensationalism too. Suarez, and all that stand by and protect him, are absolute cowards.

Good game though.

Have to laugh at how some people are playing this down, it's shocking behaviour and I applaud Ivanovic for not reacting. It sickens me that people like Suarez give the sport that I love such a bad name, and it's getting worse with tabloid sensationalism too. Suarez, and all that stand by and protect him, are absolute cowards.

Good game though.
He is a *****, but I would much rather watch him playing and biting players then some modern day robots, I mean footballers.

Had this debate on the Chelsea thread last week that footballing wise you can't deny that Mata should win it

STOP DEBATING YOU ****** YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DENY IT CAN'T YOU READ

Have to say from the highlights Sturridge looked like he had a fantastic game.

Didnt realise Suarez gave away the pen either, what a crazy game...

Back