The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He's just announced via his Twitter that Liverpool have fined him and that he's asked for the money to be donated to the Hillsbrough fund.

Using Hillsbrough as a PR stunt is so, so low.

You're ******* on to it mate. He bit Ivanovic knowing he'd get fined and then request it to go to the hillsborough fund so he'd get some good PR. They'll forget about the bite if it was for a good cause, right?

Anyone else spit out their drink when the MOTD cast mentioned Bacary Lasagna? Benteke fried chicken is a good one too.

So...

It is alleged that the conduct of Suarez constitutes violent conduct and it is The FA’s contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.

Read more at The FA | News Room - Suarez charged

Anyone care to explain why it's insufficient? Why is one type of violence deemed more severe than other types of violence? Any examples of other times when players have received more than the standard 3 matches?

So...

Anyone care to explain why it's insufficient? Why is one type of violence deemed more severe than other types of violence? Any examples of other times when players have received more than the standard 3 matches?

I assume because last time he bit someone he got 7 games for it. He's also had warning about his conduct after Evra/

But the whole FA system needs a re write. What else is new?

So...

Because nibbling on someones arm is worse than punching them in the face.

To be fair they did act with Thatchers Elbow on Mendes. But the system needs an overhaul

That's true enough.
The system itself is a complete joke though, fines/bans vary massively and players randomly get away with stonewall things. The inability to review things that the ref has "seen" is a complete mess too.

They should just rewrite the entire lot, bring in some fixed penalties for clear violent conduct and racial/verbal abuse and just give them out to anyone who ***** up no matter what. But yeah it's the FA so this will never happen.

OMG!? How dare he want the money to be donated to charity! That selfish *******! /sarcasm.

Well asking for a fine to be donated to charity is a bit silly don't you think? Thats like cops gave you speeding ticket and you went "oh hey, how about give it to starving children in Africa"

Well asking for a fine to be donated to charity is a bit silly don't you think? Thats like cops gave you speeding ticket and you went "oh hey, how about give it to starving children in Africa"

Not really, the club fined the player so the money just went straight back into the club and will go straight back to him next time he gets payed. By giving it to charity it doesn't go to the club but instead to something the club is very closely linked with.
Also your speeding ticket analogy is a completely different thing.

Not really, the club fined the player so the money just went straight back into the club and will go straight back to him next time he gets payed.

So Liverpool saves money, I don't see a problem?

Also your speeding ticket analogy is a completely different thing.

How? Its the same thing. To make up for my unacceptable behaviour, I will donate to charity from money that's no longer mine. As apologies go, this is rather... unimpressive.

How? Its the same thing. To make up for my unacceptable behaviour, I will donate to charity from money that's no longer mine. As apologies go, this is rather... unimpressive.

Not really though is it? Speeding fine is a fixed fine for breaking a law which is handled completely by a separate organization. If the FA ordered him to pay then fine it would have made more sense but they didn't the club did.

Also him giving the money to the charity wasn't his apology.

You can't defend it. I'm the most biased supporter out there but you just can't defend it.

But the thing that is really going to wind me up is comparing the probable 5-8 game ban for Suarez' bite compared to the yellow card that Defoe got for the same thing 6 years ago.

You can't defend it. I'm the most biased supporter out there but you just can't defend it.

But the thing that is really going to wind me up is comparing the probable 5-8 game ban for Suarez' bite compared to the yellow card that Defoe got for the same thing 6 years ago.

The ref saw Defoe's and gave him a yellow. FA's ***** ruling means they couldn't take more action. So there isn't really a comparison.

The ref saw Defoe's and gave him a yellow. FA's ***** ruling means they couldn't take more action. So there isn't really a comparison.

Even if there was, Defoe deserved a ban... Suarez deserves a ban

When he gets one, nobody can argue

I can understand the feeling of injustice surrounding the whole Evra thing. But I can't see how anyone can believe Suarez isn't a complete piece of work.

In the past 2 years aside from 'racially abusing' Evra, he has:

Bitten an opponents neck:

suarez.jpg

Pulled Rafaels hair:

253414428.jpg

Kicked Michael Dawson totally off the ball and without provocation:

article-1387325-0C1464ED00000578-838_634x429.jpg

Flipped the bird:

attachment.php

Kicked Scott Parker:

I'm undecided on this, but based on his previous form, i reckon he knew exactly what he was doing.

suarezparker.jpg

Eye gouged Scott Parker:

430842-120207-premier-league.jpg

Not sure which Spurs player this is. I think it's Parker so it's unlikely to be a dive:

221757d1328572826-liverpool-thread-suarez0bjkw.gif

There's video on youtube of all of the above pics if you want to research things further for yourselves, pay particular attention to the aggression and pure cuntishness displayed when he bites into an opponent while playing for Ajax, how his kick on Dawson didn't warrant further action I'll never know either.

Imo he's a total **** who has unfortunately been blessed with incredible footballing talent. If he wasn't such a fantastic player he would have been cast aside and forgotten about by football a long time ago, a la Ronnie Wallwork.

Ah it just gets better. It seems like only yesterday i read he punched a Chilean player during the international break, i decided to keep out of the Liverpool thread as to be fair to him, he's been remarkably weel behaved in 2013. But like every clown, he can't keep out of the limelight for long.

Anyone who still defends this complete helmet is a genuine candidate for a lobotomy.

Even before this incident he was the most disgusting sewer rat the premier league has seen for a long time, possibly ever.

Suarez got 7 games for biting before, anything less than that will not be sufficient. He knew the likely outcome when he decided to bite into another players flesh.

Just to be clear to anyone who decides to argue against me here: A PLAYER WHO REPRESENTS YOUR FANTASTIC CLUB HAS BITTEN INTO AN OPPONENT ON THE FELD OF PLAY TWICE IN HIS SHORT CAREER IN EUROPE.

Stop defending him, it's time to fire up a campaign to get rid of such an embarrassing scumbag as your spearhead.

What a ****.

Ah it just gets better. It seems like only yesterday i read he punched a Chilean player during the international break, i decided to keep out of the Liverpool thread as to be fair to him, he's been remarkably weel behaved in 2013. But like every clown, he can't keep out of the limelight for long.

Anyone who still defends this complete helmet is a genuine candidate for a lobotomy.

Even before this incident he was the most disgusting sewer rat the premier league has seen for a long time, possibly ever.

Suarez got 7 games for biting before, anything less than that will not be sufficient. He knew the likely outcome when he decided to bite into another players flesh.

Just to be clear to anyone who decides to argue against me here: A PLAYER WHO REPRESENTS YOUR FANTASTIC CLUB HAS BITTEN INTO AN OPPONENT ON THE FELD OF PLAY TWICE IN HIS SHORT CAREER IN EUROPE.

Stop defending him, it's time to fire up a campaign to get rid of such an embarrassing scumbag as your spearhead.

What a ****.

I think this phonecall to talksport summed things up really:

Sports News, Debate & Comment | Live Radio | Listen Again | Episode | 114240 | talkSPORT

(from 7:57 in the 20:00-20:30 section. couldn't find a clip-sorry)

I'm surprised king kenny hasn't released a statement himself.

"Leave little lui aloorn, he was just hungry. Lui Suarez you'll never walk alone."

edit: Whooops , wrong thread. Suarez is a **** , Ian Rush had nice moustache.

Last edited:
Jake's post sums it up perfectly. Don't forget when he stamped on the back of Distan's leg earlier in the season. He shouldnt have been offered anger management he should be forced to take it. Suarez also rekons he should only get a 3 game ban. Seriously, how thick is this ****?

Back