The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Jake's post sums it up perfectly. Don't forget when he stamped on the back of Distan's leg earlier in the season. He shouldnt have been offered anger management he should be forced to take it. Suarez also rekons he should only get a 3 game ban. Seriously, how thick is this ****?

Says he will appeal if its more than 3 matches, well he got 7 for the same offence in holland so where is his logic?

Well asking for a fine to be donated to charity is a bit silly don't you think? Thats like cops gave you speeding ticket and you went "oh hey, how about give it to starving children in Africa"

How on earth are they similar situations?..

Gary Neville on the Suarez incident

Gary Neville on Luis Suarez biting incident - YouTube

Many people didn't like him as a player, but as a pundit, he is genuinely one of the best around.

He talks a lot of sense. People are quick to overreact to things, but there isn't a single football fan in this country who wouldn't want Suarez in their squad, so this whole 'kick him out' thing is utterly pointless.

I'm surprised king kenny hasn't released a statement himself.

"Leave little lui aloorn, he was just hungry. Lui Suarez you'll never walk alone."
Don't tempt fate! Next thing you know there will be T-shirts.

There's no point in kicking anybody out for biting someone. Twice. And for kicking players. Twice. And eye poking. You'll be disappointed, he did it only once. Anyway, 15+ matches ban should be pretty swell.

Last edited:
There's no point in kicking anybody out for biting someone. Twice. And for kicking players. Twice. And eye poking. You'll be disappointed, he did it only once. Anyway, 15+ matches ban should be pretty swell.

Should be monthly. At least Cantona gave a racist a deserved kick in. Not sure what Ivanovic did apart from having a particularly fleshy arm.

We Balkans have irresistible skin scent after hour of running, I can't really blame Suarez for wanting some of that. Just look at Adriana Lima.

I was surprised he went for Ivanovic. My first choice would have been Torres and then Oscar. Imagine if he bit the Oldam manager in the FA cup. The headlines would have been 'Suarez bites Dickov'

I was surprised he went for Ivanovic. My first choice would have been Torres and then Oscar. Imagine if he bit the Oldam manager in the FA cup. The headlines would have been 'Suarez bites Dickov'

Full marks to Brana for not retaliating although a part of me wishes he did retaliate! They would still be sweeping bits of Suarez up off the Anfield pitch now including them nashers!

The FA never continue to surprise me..

10 game ban, Apparently Suarez should have racially abused someone and got less of a ban

10 game ban, Apparently Suarez should have racially abused someone and got less of a ban

What it shows is that other bans are actually a mess, the punishments should have been the other way round.

In fact I think many of the general bans are far too lenient.

On the other hand. He needs to stop being a complete basket case.

Although i agree the FA and all footballing guverning bodies get bans/fine for racism totally wrong this ban fits the crime. This is not a first time for him mate, this is a re-offence and for once the FA has had some backbone and done the right thing. That being said i give absolutely no ***** about the length of this ban what so ever whether it was 10, 1 or 100. Doesn't give us the 2 points we lost.

No-one to blame but himself. Wasting all his talent being on the sidelines.

But as mentioned, it really is time for someone to speak up at the FA and sort out these dam seemingly-random punishments because they're just ridiculous. Surely someone has the balls to say something there. It's only a matter of time before a punishment goes so far over the line of ridiculous that there's going to be repurcussions (sp).

What it shows is that other bans are actually a mess, the punishments should have been the other way round.

In fact I think many of the general bans are far too lenient.

On the other hand. He needs to stop being a complete basket case.

FA as a whole needs an overhaul, the committee and some of the bans given are unbelievable

McManaman challenge, Aguero tackle, Terry racism, Suarez racism

all eclipsed by a bite.... I agree he should get banned, but i was expecting around the 6 games mark personally

8 games for racial abuse.

10 games for biting someone.

biting someone is considered worse than racism now the FA are joke

Although i agree the FA and all footballing guverning bodies get bans/fine for racism totally wrong this ban fits the crime. This is not a first time for him mate, this is a re-offence and for once the FA has had some backbone and done the right thing. That being said i give absolutely no ***** about the length of this ban what so ever whether it was 10, 1 or 100. Doesn't give us the 2 points we lost.

But you cant finally get the decision right against one person when everyone else does not have this severity for their own discrepancies

I agree racism should be longer and biting should be 8-10 games, but the FA have dug their own hole with silly decisions in the past

FA as a whole needs an overhaul, the committee and some of the bans given are unbelievable

McManaman challenge, Aguero tackle, Terry racism, Suarez racism

all eclipsed by a bite.... I agree he should get banned, but i was expecting around the 6 games mark personally

To be fair this was avoidable. Don't bite people on a football pitch. You'd think that would come as read.

But you cant finally get the decision right against one person when everyone else does not have this severity for their own discrepancies

I agree racism should be longer and biting should be 8-10 games, but the FA have dug their own hole with silly decisions in the past

Yes you can. The idea that they should get it wrong again because they got it wrong before doesn't work.

Real issue is what they do in the summer.

Back