The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
stat-wise, Henderson has been better than a lot of players who get a lot more hype than him. He has about 4 goals, and about 5 assists (roughly), and I hate to do this, but compare him to Welbeck, stat-wise, Henderson has been superior. Now I know stats don't mean everything/anything, and Mike. is probably going to come in and write an essay proving why I'm wrong and should be shunned from society, and I'm not saying he's better than him, and others, but the stick he gets is stupid sometimes.

stat-wise, Henderson has been better than a lot of players who get a lot more hype than him. He has about 4 goals, and about 5 assists (roughly), and I hate to do this, but compare him to Welbeck, stat-wise, Henderson has been superior. Now I know stats don't mean everything/anything, and Mike. is probably going to come in and write an essay proving why I'm wrong and should be shunned from society, and I'm not saying he's better than him, and others, but the stick he gets is stupid sometimes.

Don't think Mike. would disagree that Henderson's been decent this year, but comparing him to Welbeck is stupid considering they're in two different teams with different philosophies with different ways of using their two very different players in two different positions.

Godcubed says it all.

Also compare him to the job he would be playing for England, that's the number 8 role (vertical pass and move). He doesnt make enough passes a game, with the very high accuracy needed. he has the energy but not the precision. Goals and assists not as important as that ability to pass and move.

Last edited:
His primary attribute is still his ability to run a lot, but that's no bad thing. Every good squad needs a player that puts a shift in. Could be the next Dirk Kuyt.

Agreed, His work rate is his key attribute.. but we have also seen he can pick a decent pass and has contributed with a few goals recently as well

Would LFC fans be happy with Loic Remy?

Prices of around 8mil being stated, but i always thought he had a release clause in his contract if QPR got relegated?

There are also a few players like Samba and Granero that 'could' be looked at

Prices of around 8mil being stated, but i always thought he had a release clause in his contract if QPR got relegated?

Remy would be good, only if we sell Suarez. Samba has been under performing with QPR, so has Granero.

I'd take Remy. He's lively, got pace, strong for his size and isn't all that bad at finishing.
Guess it all depends on his wage demands and what happens with Carrol.

Remy would be good, only if we sell Suarez. Samba has been under performing with QPR, so has Granero.

I'd take Remy. He's lively, got pace, strong for his size and isn't all that bad at finishing.
Guess it all depends on his wage demands and what happens with Carrol.

Only if we sell Suarez? Id expect a bigger signing than Remy if we did.. I meant as another option in attack, still think we need one

Wage demands would be interesting considering he is at QPR... Cannot really see Carroll staying unless no-one wants him

Only if we sell Suarez? Id expect a bigger signing than Remy if we did.. I meant as another option in attack, still think we need one

Wage demands would be interesting considering he is at QPR... Cannot really see Carroll staying unless no-one wants him
Liverpool want 17mil or so for Carroll which could put clubs off, but if he does go I'd like to see Remy to sign unless he does ask for 90k a week.

Liverpool want 17mil or so for Carroll which could put clubs off, but if he does go I'd like to see Remy to sign unless he does ask for 90k a week.

Agreed, can only see us dropping the price for Carroll to 15mil.. nothing less

not sure who would pay that though

Look how well remy has played with QPR, imagine him with Gerrard, coutinho, downing, sterling, sturridge, etc behind him?

Agreed, can only see us dropping the price for Carroll to 15mil.. nothing less

not sure who would pay that though

Now that he's fit he's really performing for the hammer. We could potentially use him to be honest, as an out and out CF to feed balls through to our pacey forwards?

After the way Liverpool treated him last summer, do you honestly think he wants to play under Rodgers or for Liverpool?

Now that he's fit he's really performing for the hammer. We could potentially use him to be honest, as an out and out CF to feed balls through to our pacey forwards?

He had plenty of time to get fit. I reckon it might be something more to do with playing with a side and manager who utilises him to his fullest.

Nah, no need for him really, with Borini, Suarez and sturridge, we could possibly sign another winger but its not priority, cb is

Apparently Suarez got booed (twice) when his name was read out at the PFA awards last night. Very professional.

Last edited:
Apparently Suarez got booed (twice) when his name was read out at the PFA awards last night. Very professional.

Yeah Telegraph reported it. Once when named in team of the year and second time during the player of the year shortlist. It's really sad thing to do tbh especially when the hall was full of players and higher officials.

Poor Suarez, it must have been a bitter experience.

...I'll see myself out.

Well, he goes around biting and racially abusing people.. he basically made himself into a pantomime villain, which therefore means booing him is the natural reaction to that, it's arguably a good thing.

Because if people treat him as some kind of comedy villain, some joke, then it's a lot easier and more fun than wondering why the guy is so ****** up he feels the need to cheat,, dive, bite, abuse, discriminate and generally ask like a total ****.

Well, he goes around biting and racially abusing people.. he basically made himself into a pantomime villain, which therefore means booing him is the natural reaction to that, it's arguably a good thing.

Because if people treat him as some kind of comedy villain, some joke, then it's a lot easier and more fun than wondering why the guy is so ****** up he feels the need to cheat,, dive, bite, abuse, discriminate and generally ask like a total ****.

He's still the leagues best striker. I'd have him even if I was guaranteed a 10 match ban every year.

Back