The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
BBC Saying £15 Million for Carroll has been agreed with WHU

And people laughed at me when I said this would happen. Screw you guys! (;

Begovic for me was the best keeper in the Premier League last season and in terms of shot stopping is way ahead of Reina currently. Why wouldn't you want Macca?

I don't have a problem with us getting Begovic, he is awesome.. But I guess it's down to whether Reina actually wants to leave or if it's just rumours.

I don't want him because he has only has like half a season in Wigan's first team, he should stay there and enjoy being a fan favorite. Not to mention the fact we'd probably insist on paying £25m for him or something stupid.

Carroll > Torres

Can't see how to be honest.

And people laughed at me when I said this would happen. Screw you guys! (;

I don't have a problem with us getting Begovic, he is awesome.. But I guess it's down to whether Reina actually wants to leave or if it's just rumours.

I don't want him because he has only has like half a season in Wigan's first team, he should stay there and enjoy being a fan favorite. Not to mention the fact we'd probably insist on paying £25m for him or something stupid.

Actually agree a young English lad who had a decent season = value inflated.

Carroll > Torres

LOOL Carroll managed to out do Torres flop wise somehow and WHU stupid enough to pay 15 mil for him after a whopping 6 goals this season. Tbf to him he has had a decent season but I still dont think he is worth that much and west ham could sign a better, cheaper striker.

LOOL Carroll managed to out do Torres flop wise somehow and WHU stupid enough to pay 15 mil for him after a whopping 6 goals this season. Tbf to him he has had a decent season but I still dont think he is worth that much and west ham could sign a better, cheaper striker.

Arguing over who's the bigger flop is like arguing between Ronaldo and messi over who's better

Pointless. They're so close together in those discussions it's pointless

Arguing over who's the bigger flop is like arguing between Ronaldo and messi over who's better

Pointless. They're so close together in those discussions it's pointless

They arent. Torres has done a much better job for Chelsea than Carroll ever did for Liverpool

One thing i really hope is true, and seems to be is the Papadopoulous rumours...... Very good young player

If rumours are to be believed, Iago Aspas is also a target, Fee around the 5mil mark due to his minimum fee clause getting lowered ... been fantastic in La Liga this season

One thing i really hope is true, and seems to be is the Papadopoulous rumours...... Very good young player

If rumours are to be believed, Iago Aspas is also a target, Fee around the 5mil mark due to his minimum fee clause getting lowered ... been fantastic in La Liga this season

8.5m Euros, although his form tailed when he got linked. Still, would be a great signing. Though not sure why he would be a target, considering Coutinho/Sturrridge/Suarez play where he would.

They arent. Torres has done a much better job for Chelsea than Carroll ever did for Liverpool

Disagree. Torres has never done anything for Chelski. Carroll has won us a few games single handed almost. And he was the spark that started the fire against Chelski in the cup final last year. Both **** flops to their own.

And Messi is clearly better than Ronaldo ;)

Few people don't seem to like the idea of Kolo Touré, I think he'd be a great signing. He's free, he'd take a wage-cut as he wants to stay around the area he is now, and towards the end of last-season he was so good.

Seems like we'll get Papadopoulos, I assume the money we get from selling Carroll will be what we use?

8.5m Euros, although his form tailed when he got linked. Still, would be a great signing. Though not sure why he would be a target, considering Coutinho/Sturrridge/Suarez play where he would.

"Replacement" for Suarez maybe? If they sell Suarez for 40-50m and use that money on purchases as good as likes of Coutinho and Sturridge have been I can see them making a real move for top 4 spot next season.

Disagree. Torres has never done anything for Chelski. Carroll has won us a few games single handed almost. And he was the spark that started the fire against Chelski in the cup final last year. Both **** flops to their own.

Torres has also won them games, he also sent them through vs Barca, also been very effective in the Europa League, helped them beat Benfica in the Final. To say Torres has never done anything for Chelsea is a a bona fide lie.

And yes Messi is better, what's your point?

"Replacement" for Suarez maybe? If they sell Suarez for 40-50m and use that money on purchases as good as likes of Coutinho and Sturridge have been I can see them making a real move for top 4 spot next season.

Perhaps, they would need an all round finisher like Aubameyang as well

Do your posts ever make sense? I haven't seen one. And stop saying Chelski. Abramovich is Russian, not Polish.
Why's Carroll better than Torres? Or, why's he less of a flop.. well, he's younger, he's Brittish and he has beautiful ponytail. Serious now, Carroll didn't get his chance in Liverpool, Torres did, and he was/is decent for Chelsea. Top scorer this season and scored some important goals for Chelski over last two years.

Last edited:

They are both useless. Only difference was we got rid of Carroll before the amount of stick he was getting started to really affect him.

Few people don't seem to like the idea of Kolo Touré, I think he'd be a great signing. He's free, he'd take a wage-cut as he wants to stay around the area he is now, and towards the end of last-season he was so good.

Seems like we'll get Papadopoulos, I assume the money we get from selling Carroll will be what we use?

Kolo will be an awesome signing!

Depending on what role Rodgers has in mind for Sturridge, we could see another striker come in. The most important thing for me is that we continue to give the younger players a chance, would be great to see Sterling & Suso back in the squad.

They are both useless. Only difference was we got rid of Carroll before the amount of stick he was getting started to really affect him.

Kolo will be an awesome signing!

Depending on what role Rodgers has in mind for Sturridge, we could see another striker come in. The most important thing for me is that we continue to give the younger players a chance, would be great to see Sterling & Suso back in the squad.

Eh? Torres has quite patently had a bigger impact at Chelsea than Carroll did at Liverpool. Decidedly average overall, but certainly not useless.

Last edited:
Eh? Torres has quite patently had a bigger impact at Chelsea than Carroll did at Liverpool. Decidedly average overall, but certainly not useless.

Well Torres has made a bigger impact this season despite still being really poor. But in the one season Carroll played at Liverpool he was as equally awful as Torres at Chelsea.

Torres has been doing really well outside of the league, he has been pretty useless in it though since being at Chelsea.

In terms of being the bigger flop for performances after the signing Torres, but in terms of performances for the club that actually signed them, Carroll.
Both were pretty crazy signings, hard to deny that. Carroll was shipped out right away and Torres was pretty much stuck at Chelsea due to the price and his name.

Well Torres has made a bigger impact this season despite still being really poor. But in the one season Carroll played at Liverpool he was as equally awful as Torres at Chelsea.

He's been poor in the league, but actually quite good outside it. Bit hard to call someone really poor after scoring 17 goals this season.

Torres has been doing really well outside of the league, he has been pretty useless in it though since being at Chelsea.

In terms of being the bigger flop for performances after the signing Torres, but in terms of performances for the club that actually signed them, Carroll.
Both were pretty crazy signings, hard to deny that. Carroll was shipped out right away and Torres was pretty much stuck at Chelsea due to the price and his name.

Yeah, he's turned into a massive cup player for them, but not so in the League, but he's been improving overall.

Carroll yet to decide if he will actually go. Picks up too many injuries, which is a worry for West Ham.

Back