The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
8.5m Euros, although his form tailed when he got linked. Still, would be a great signing. Though not sure why he would be a target, considering Coutinho/Sturrridge/Suarez play where he would.

Read somewhere, relegation ( which is likely ) would lower it down to 7million euros ... I think with Suarez banned we have Sturridge, but we need someone else as well... better squad depth always helps

Still feel Borini has alot to learn

Read somewhere, relegation ( which is likely ) would lower it down to 7million euros ... I think with Suarez banned we have Sturridge, but we need someone else as well... better squad depth always helps

Still feel Borini has alot to learn

No its a set clause, but at 8.5m its easily activated, thats only £7.2m. Aspas is a massive upgrade on Borini for the deep lying forward role, but I just wonder if it could spell the end of his Liverpool career, which would be harsh.

No its a set clause, but at 8.5m its easily activated, thats only £7.2m. Aspas is a massive upgrade on Borini for the deep lying forward role, but I just wonder if it could spell the end of his Liverpool career, which would be harsh.

It would be very harsh indeed... Although i'd rather us buy Aspas if Borini again either got injured or didn't perform

from what ive seen of Aspas, he is a very capable player in a poor team at the moment

Just read a piece on thisisanfield about aspas frim someone in spain, sounds like a really exciting player and a snip at 8.5mill, says he likes to cut in from the right and curl the ball with his left foot, maybe a better upgrade than downing?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Just read a piece on thisisanfield about aspas frim someone in spain, sounds like a really exciting player and a snip at 8.5mill, says he likes to cut in from the right and curl the ball with his left foot, maybe a better upgrade than downing?

This is why I don't see it being a huge threat to Borini, need to remember we still have Downing and our formation does seem to fit well with players that cut inside. Plus any extra depth upfront is always a good thing, as long as the players get time.

This is why I don't see it being a huge threat to Borini, need to remember we still have Downing and our formation does seem to fit well with players that cut inside. Plus any extra depth upfront is always a good thing, as long as the players get time.

Aspas doesnt play wide though, he is a centre forward who drops into the hole. He isnt a wide threat at all.

Aspas doesnt play wide though, he is a centre forward who drops into the hole. He isnt a wide threat at all.

Well thats what the piece says he likes to do, yes it says he plays as a cf but likes to move out into the channels and cut in on his left foot and curl the ball into the net, maybe u should read it yourself instead of contradicting what iv said, thank you

Well thats what the piece says he likes to do, yes it says he plays as a cf but likes to move out into the channels and cut in on his left foot and curl the ball into the net, maybe u should read it yourself instead of contradicting what iv said, thank you

What are you on about? He isn't a wide playing threat, he doesnt play on the flanks, which means he is a direct threat to Borini in the CF position. That's the point I was making to TJD07, since Rodger is using Borini as CF again. Aspas is a superior deep forward, in pretty much all departments, to Borini.

I've watched him numerous times, he can and does drift wide, but he doesnt start wide, he isnt an inside forward

Last edited:

We don't have anyone who really likes to stay out wide and run to the byline anyway, most of our wide players tend to cut inside or move into the channels. That's why the full backs are usually the ones going to the byline. I guess you're right though, with Borini now being played more central they would be fighting it out, we shall see though.

We don't have anyone who really likes to stay out wide and run to the byline anyway, most of our wide players tend to cut inside or move into the channels. That's why the full backs are usually the ones going to the byline. I guess you're right though, with Borini now being played more central they would be fighting it out, we shall see though.

That's the point I'm making, as long as Borini is solely being used through the middle, Aspas will more than likely trump hi.

Dont get me wrong though, 8.5m for him is ****** brilliant

Disagree. Torres has never done anything for Chelski. Carroll has won us a few games single handed almost. And he was the spark that started the fire against Chelski in the cup final last year. Both **** flops to their own.

And Messi is clearly better than Ronaldo ;)

Again! "Ski" is Polish and we have a Russian owner. There is a reason why we still have Nando and you have desperately been trying to offload Carroll.

What are you on about? He isn't a wide playing threat, he doesnt play on the flanks, which means he is a direct threat to Borini in the CF position. That's the point I was making to TJD07, since Rodger is using Borini as CF again. Aspas is a superior deep forward, in pretty much all departments, to Borini.

I've watched him numerous times, he can and does drift wide, but he doesnt start wide, he isnt an inside forward

What are you on about? Where hav i stated that he is a winger or an inside forward, i didnt

Do your posts ever make sense? I haven't seen one. And stop saying Chelski. Abramovich is Russian, not Polish.
Why's Carroll better than Torres? Or, why's he less of a flop.. well, he's younger, he's Brittish and he has beautiful ponytail. Serious now, Carroll didn't get his chance in Liverpool, Torres did, and he was/is decent for Chelsea. Top scorer this season and scored some important goals for Chelski over last two years.

At last someone else who understands lol

Again! "Ski" is Polish and we have a Russian owner. There is a reason why we still have Nando and you have desperately been trying to offload Carroll.

You can't possibly afford to offload him being why? Five and half year contract on a huge wage. Last season he was never going to leave and I highly doubt you would have found someone willing to pay 30mil and his wages this season.

Can act like you got the better end of the deal all you like but you're stuck with him and not through choice. Both buys were insane and neither are anywhere close to being worth it.

You'd still need a natural wide player, although I'm not sure who, I dont really pay attention to wide players at the moment apart from Griezmann

Back