The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Much as it pains me to say it, Downing's actually been decent this season.

Only because he set the bar so low last season that if he came out of the tunnel and curled one out in front of the Kop he'd still have produced more on the field than last.

You'd still need a natural wide player, although I'm not sure who, I dont really pay attention to wide players at the moment apart from Griezmann

I honestly couldn't agree more with you, got a lot of talent through the middle but hardly anyone who can do anything out wide.

Much as it pains me to say it, Downing's actually been decent this season.

Chelsovich doesn't have the same ring to it!

Maybe not, Chelskov could work?

You can't possibly afford to offload him being why? Five and half year contract on a huge wage. Last season he was never going to leave and I highly doubt you would have found someone willing to pay 30mil and his wages this season.

Can act like you got the better end of the deal all you like but you're stuck with him and not through choice. Both buys were insane and neither are anywhere close to being worth it.

Torres helped pay back his transfer fee by winning that corner out of nothing in Munich last season, the rest was history. I totally agree that neither were or was ever going to be worth the money but going by what they have given to their respective teams Torres has given Chelsea far far more.

Liverpool announce signing of Kolo Toure on July 1st.

Very experienced, free transfer and a decent back up in my opinion

2nd signing already! Iago Aspas for 9mil euros and only on 26k a week

Really like the look of this signing!

2nd signing already! Iago Aspas for 9mil euros and only on 26k a week

Really like the look of this signing!

He was terrible for a years, but had his breakthrough the season before last and his performarnce for most of this season suggest it wasn't just a one-off. A bit of a gamble for 9m but considering many clubs were interested in him and (if your numbers are correct) his low wages it doesn't look bad at all. Quick, decent finisher, his temperament lets him down at times, but a good player overall. I really hope this isn't the end of Borini, though, I like him.

An excellent signing. Balague broke it, did he not?

He was one of a number on Twitter which called it fairly early

Balague now saying another LFC signing he will announce tomorrow is even more exciting to him than Aspas was

3 signings wrapped up very early... its good to see!

Obviously people speculating its Papadopolous/ Atsu/ Tello/ Eriksen ETC

Suarez looks like he might be off, then. Dang.

I am not that confident in him staying BUT, all quotes came out as soon as we signed a striker ( Aspas )

at the minute, seems the media see a quick and easy story and published it .. Aspas as a replacement story

Question for you's then. ( Clearly hypothetical )

If Suarez does leave, and the clause as reported is 40million, would you take Fernando Torres back for 15million ( What Chelsea still owe ) considering we then have another 25mil on top?

Personally, i wouldnt have any hesitation.

Sky reporting Suarez isn't moving, while MARCA is reporting that Suarez has already agreed a 4-year deal with Real Madrid - who are yet to agree a deal with Liverpool. The same newspaper reports that Suarez's release clause is 40m pounds (~47m euros) and Liverpool are unlikely to settle for less.

Back