The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Question for you's then. ( Clearly hypothetical )

If Suarez does leave, and the clause as reported is 40million, would you take Fernando Torres back for 15million ( What Chelsea still owe ) considering we then have another 25mil on top?

Personally, i wouldnt have any hesitation.

So you'd be willing to "pay" 30m for Torres?

Torres can get to ****, never want to see that **** wearing our jersey again. Wouldn't take him on a free, would rather youth players play.

Torres can get to ****, never want to see that **** wearing our jersey again. Wouldn't take him on a free, would rather youth players play.

For me he left to join a better club, what he has won since he left has proved that.. cant really blame him, same with Suarez if he was to go

Wondering that myself tbh... Must have read it wrong first time as I thought you ment trading Suarez for Torres and getting 25m in addition to Torres...

No haha... Suarez goes for his rumours release clause of 40million

Chelsea still owe us 15million from the original Torres deal, and are rumoured to be offering him us if we 'forget' the 15million they owe

Basically leaving us with Torres and 25million on top to spend!

looks like Suarez is off then, for his 'family's sake', just hope we get a good fee.

He's off because he's quality and you've finished no higher than 6th while hes been here.
That said, the bit about how no one defended him is an insult to Liverpool. The club defended him to the hilt, even when they shouldnt have.

He's off because he's quality and you've finished no higher than 6th while hes been here.
That said, the bit about how no one defended him is an insult to Liverpool. The club defended him to the hilt, even when they shouldnt have.

I fully understand why he would want to go, but i also feel he has been very very controversial at Liverpool and we have stuck by him alot. Sometimes too much

Hard to reject a club like Real Madrid, but things are looking 'brighter' for LFC. Would have thought he would consider one more year to see what we can achieve

I fully understand why he would want to go, but i also feel he has been very very controversial at Liverpool and we have stuck by him alot. Sometimes too much

Hard to reject a club like Real Madrid, but things are looking 'brighter' for LFC. Would have thought he would consider one more year to see what we can achieve

If he wants to go because he wants CL thats one thing, but don't talk about the controversies like they are not your fault, and certainly don't say the club hasn't looked out for you

I honestly think the result of this little mini-project of dealings in regards to strikers (Suarez out for somewhere between 25 and 40 million, Iago Aspas in for 10ish mil) leaves Liverpool better off. Sure, you're down Suarez but with a more than competent replacement and another 15-20 mil to spend on strengthening the squad, and also you're also without the ridiculous carousel that Suarez brings to every little thing he ever does, good or bad.

I honestly think the result of this little mini-project of dealings in regards to strikers (Suarez out for somewhere between 25 and 40 million, Iago Aspas in for 10ish mil) leaves Liverpool better off. Sure, you're down Suarez but with a more than competent replacement and another 15-20 mil to spend on strengthening the squad, and also you're also without the ridiculous carousel that Suarez brings to every little thing he ever does, good or bad.

The caveat is if they spend the proceeds well. But assuming they ( and they have started off very well), Liverpool will actually end up being better off.

The caveat is if they spend the proceeds well. But assuming they ( and they have started off very well), Liverpool will actually end up being better off.

Yeap exactly. More young players who have something to show. Both Sturridge and Coutinho fall into this category.

As Arsenal became better unit ( in overall, though against big teams we lacked bit of WC bite ) without RVP I think Liverpool can also become much better without Suarez if the money is used properly and they don't sell to rival team in a league. Mainly City/Chelsea in case either one or both lose out on Cavani.

Iago Aspas looks like quality signing. He was one of the best players for first part of season in La Liga. Selling or trading Reina to Barcelona would make great deal of sense and if they do there are 2 great options to look at in Prem. Either Begovic or Mignolet. Mignolet has added bonus of being truly hungry to succeed as he wants to play for Belgium in World Cup.

I seem to remember thinking something like that a few years ago when we sold torres and p*ssed away £50 million. It all depends on how wisely Brendan Rodgers invests the money, but it would be much better if we could keep suarez and build our squad around him and coutinho.

I wouldn't mind some of the money going into redeveloping Anfield.

Back