The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
A positive is you actually looked pretty good whenever he wasn't playing this season. Am I right saying you score something like 3 or more goals in every game he missed this season just gone?

I personally won't miss Suarez as a person just his ability. If he thinks Madrid will be an easy ride then he is mad. Fingers crossed for 40m but this year transfer costs seem on the whole lower. Strike force wise this is the weakest we've ever been so we will see for the future.....Maybe re-ignite the interest in Walcott again.

Suarez confirms he wants to leave... Really poor from him in my opinion

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Not surprised in the slightest... Just slightly annoying considering everything we have done for him the past 12 months

True. From what I have read he is blaming his exit on the media. Wouldn't be the first foreign player to move from England for this reason, but I think most of the media issues are due to Suarez's on field antics, rather than the press posting bogus stories and reporting on off field issues.

So he only has himself to blame.

If you can get anything over £20m for him, I would take it. There are a few good strikers apparently available for under £17m or so this summer, so you could bring in someone decent.

True. From what I have read he is blaming his exit on the media. Wouldn't be the first foreign player to move from England for this reason, but I think most of the media issues are due to Suarez's on field antics, rather than the press posting bogus stories and reporting on off field issues.

So he only has himself to blame.

If you can get anything over £20m for him, I would take it. There are a few good strikers apparently available for under £17m or so this summer, so you could bring in someone decent.

The British media are awful, and do make every situation worse but Suarez has himself to blame for giving them fuel..

Anything over 20m? no chance...... we'll be looking at 40m minimum.. there are few better than him in world football, its a premium price a club will have to pay

If Suarez thinks the English media are bad, he'll have a fun time in Spain with Marca and AS.

Opta Joe just reported that without Luis Suarez' goals, Liverpool would have still finished 7th

Of course it would be a huge blow, but not the end of the world

The British media are awful, and do make every situation worse but Suarez has himself to blame for giving them fuel..

Anything over 20m? no chance...... we'll be looking at 40m minimum.. there are few better than him in world football, its a premium price a club will have to pay

Media cant hype a story they dont have, Suarez gives them fuel in spades. Not saying its right what they do, but its very much avoidable. I reckon about 40m for him.

I think 40 million is a slightly optimistic minimum valuation to put on a player that has openly stated that he wants to leave. Saying that, United got 80m for Ronaldo when he obviously wanted to join Madrid.

Yeah I heard something similar last month, Suarez seems to blaze in 2-4 goals against **** teams you'd have beaten anyway, but instead of winning 1-0 or 2-0 he turned it into 5-0 - now of course he does throw a few assists in, but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd take the money and build from less controversial players. Aspas, Borini and Sturridge up front are good options.

Question is what can you get for a player who openly doesn't want to be there and wants to leave, we've all seen how that went with Tevez, who loses his hunger and form and ends up being worth much less than the value down the line. Buying clubs know this, and Suarez isn't as "exciting" as somebody like Bale who you could arguably buy for a little north of 40m anyway. It makes the valuation interesting as it's always possible for clubs to just say you're charging too much and let you deal with an unhappy Suarez disrupting the dressing room.

If there's one thing Lpool could do with it's a bit of stability, continuity and less drama - focus on the results and play good football on the way. Lets hope that works out, as the more people at the top the better.

Yeah I heard something similar last month, Suarez seems to blaze in 2-4 goals against **** teams you'd have beaten anyway, but instead of winning 1-0 or 2-0 he turned it into 5-0 - now of course he does throw a few assists in, but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd take the money and build from less controversial players. Aspas, Borini and Sturridge up front are good options.

Really? Surely if you sold Suarez you would need to replace him with someone better than Borini.

It's a bit sad though, the Suarez/Sturridge partnership was looking good.

Well, I do agree that Borini isn't on the same level as Suarez, but I'm not saying he's a like-for-like replacement, just a decent player (certainly at Roma) who seemed to be hit by injury almost immediately after his move, and given the opportunity could bang in 10-20 goals if he's able to sort his injuries out since his positioning is reportedly good and seems to have been unfairly written off by some, since when he's actually played he was constantly coming back from injury and seemed rusty.

I personally wouldn't use Borini as anymore than a back up/rotation player. You should really be looking to play Sturridge with a striker that can drop off, pick the ball up and pick him out with a pass/through ball, although you have Coutinho to do that now, so you could equally go for an out and out finisher.

I think we need a defensive midfielder who can fill in for Lucas to be honest. As others have said Sturridge, Borini and Aspas are good options up front imo.

I think we need a defensive midfielder who can fill in for Lucas to be honest. As others have said Sturridge, Borini and Aspas are good options up front imo.

Papadopolous i presume would be a CB and CDM option....

That forward line has decent options, but lacks everything without a world class striker alongside them, will need to invest 20-30million in another top striker ( if we can find one )

Papadopolous i presume would be a CB and CDM option....

That forward line has decent options, but lacks everything without a world class striker alongside them, will need to invest 20-30million in another top striker ( if we can find one )

Papadopolous would be very good. As for the 20-30 mil striker, I'm struggling to think who we could get tbh.

It's hard to pick up a decent striker when you aren't in the CL. Bony would be a good buy, but he's looking for CL football.

"Luis Suarez is not for sale. LFC is fully supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. Neither Luis nor his representatives have communicated to the club a desire to leave." -Official LFC Facebook Page.

Translated into English means, "We're open to offers."

Back