The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
TBF they did sell Willian for like €35m not so long ago.

At least we're looking at good players..

Yup, because they can afford to charge crazy money for those very reasons. The same reason they are about to sell Fernandinho to City for over £30m.

Don't know what kit everyones looking at, I actually like it. They've got a hint of the 80s in.

Don't know what kit everyones looking at, I actually like it. They've got a hint of the 80s in.

The home kit is nice. The away kit is not too bad, it's certainly different. The third kit looks confused, and ****.

I would rather our away kit looked like our goalkeepers home kit, it's quite nice.

View attachment 352916

At the end of the day, it's just a shirt.. Who even cares? I mean, I cared when I was like 13 what the kit looked like but now it doesn't really bother me. Not to mention, what self respecting adult actually buys a replica football kit?!

Skrtel seeks talks over Liverpool future as defender rues mistakes - This Is Anfield - This Is Anfield

12 months ago Skrtel was hailed as our best player and we loved him.. Now we can't get him out the door quick enough. -.- Don't think he deserves this treatment, he should be given a second chance.

Also if the rumours of us selling Shelvey to Norwich are true then... Well, what the ****!?

Agree about Skrtel... He had a few bad games and suddenly he is a bad defender.. We seem to be trying to overhaul our squad a bit too much. too many new players may work against us

Agree about Skrtel... He had a few bad games and suddenly he is a bad defender.. We seem to be trying to overhaul our squad a bit too much. too many new players may work against us

He played a few bad games and then Carragher kept him out of the squad (partly due to him playing well, partly due to it being his last year) but Carragher's gone now and Skrtel is still a quality defender. We couldn't replace him, players like Ashley Williams are not at the same level. If Skrtel is genuinely calling out to stay while we parade him round to the likes of Napoli I really think he should be listened to!

Rodgers' and co. have done a good job so far, I just hope they don't lose it!

He played a few bad games and then Carragher kept him out of the squad (partly due to him playing well, partly due to it being his last year) but Carragher's gone now and Skrtel is still a quality defender. We couldn't replace him, players like Ashley Williams are not at the same level. If Skrtel is genuinely calling out to stay while we parade him round to the likes of Napoli I really think he should be listened to!

Rodgers' and co. have done a good job so far, I just hope they don't lose it!

They have done a good job, and if Skrtel Leaves i think they'll replace him well

But defensive options of Agger, Toure, Ilori and another main CB ( Papa, Alderw ) is alot stronger with Skrtel included

Would also leave us in a strong position to try the 3 CB formation Rodgers has been playing a few times ( even though im not a fan of it )

Really strong rumours that a move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is trying to be pushed through

Alot of people reporting it with a rumoured price of around £20 million being quoted. He is the top target for Rodgers and is hopefully being used to try and convince Suarez to stay

I would be unbelievably excited if our top 4 consisted of Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Suarez and Sturridge next season

Really strong rumours that a move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is trying to be pushed through

Alot of people reporting it with a rumoured price of around £20 million being quoted. He is the top target for Rodgers and is hopefully being used to try and convince Suarez to stay

I would be unbelievably excited if our top 4 consisted of Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Suarez and Sturridge next season

Honestly don't understand why Man City decided to pay £30m for Fernadinho, when Mkhitaryan is available at £20m!

Mkhitaryan, Mignolet, & Papadopoulos are all good targets. But whats the point in signing Mignolet if we're not selling Reina?

Honestly don't understand why Man City decided to pay £30m for Fernadinho, when Mkhitaryan is available at £20m!

Mkhitaryan, Mignolet, & Papadopoulos are all good targets. But whats the point in signing Mignolet if we're not selling Reina?

Man City seem to be close to Isco in the AMC role... They needed a Fernandinho player more than they did a Mhkitaryan

Depending on what you believe.. Some saying its competition to keep Reina on his toes ( also ready for a move to Barcelona next year when Valdes leaves )

Or that he is leaving this window

I have my doubts about Aspas. Seems a lot of money for a man who can't even get in the Spain national team...(6)

You mean someone like De Gea?
His time will come..

On Aspas I seen him a few times via Sky's Spanish coverage and he did impress me. Almost certainly won't be playing alongside Suarez though

Back