The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Heard some twitter rumour that Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real. https://twitter.com/RMadridCF_News dunno how much truth there is in this.

There is loads going round... the personal terms were never going to be the issue

The fee will be, and i cannot see Real Madrid matching it

With the likes of Falcao and Cavani going for 50million, we should accept no less

There is loads going round... the personal terms were never going to be the issue

The fee will be, and i cannot see Real Madrid matching it

With the likes of Falcao and Cavani going for 50million, we should accept no less

Falcao was bit different and Cavani has more suitors all who are loaded... Still if he does go he wont go cheaply.

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

simonm1_%2810%29.jpg
The deal with the Black Cats is now complete and the 25-year-old has penned a long-term contract after passing a medical at Melwood.
He becomes the first Belgian to represent the Reds - and has been welcomed to the club by manager Brendan Rodgers.
"I am delighted that we have been able to sign one of the top goalkeepers in the Barclays Premier League," said Rodgers.
"Simon will join a club that will give him an opportunity to demonstrate and improve his huge talent."
Mignolet is widely regarded as one of the best young stoppers in Europe and has 13 caps for his country.
He made 90 appearances during his time at the Stadium of Light after arriving from hometown club Sint-Truiden in 2010.

Mignolet completes Liverpool switch - Liverpool FC

Lots of reports tonight a deal has now been agreed for Mkhitaryan, 25million is the supposed fee

Very excited if it is true

With a front 4 of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Mkhitaryan it would challenge most in the league ( If Suarez stays that is )

Lots of reports tonight a deal has now been agreed for Mkhitaryan, 25million is the supposed fee

Very excited if it is true

With a front 4 of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Mkhitaryan it would challenge most in the league ( If Suarez stays that is )

Aaaand lots of reports - from non-Liverpool biased and reliable sources, at that - suggesting there hasn't been one.

This one will run for a while yet.

Wonder if we'd be better off looking at Pjanic now, as Mkhtaryan's dragging on, with all this third party ownership stuff. Always liked him, was linked to Spurs a while back.

Anyhow, even if Suarez goes, I like what we're doing this window, we're getting lots of competition for places.
Two good good goalies
For RB we've got Johnson, Kelly, Wisdom, McLaughlin
For LB, I think we could improve in. We've got Enrique, Robinson, and Agger could cover there, though not preferable.
For CB, we could, and I expect us still, to improve at. Skrtel, think he might still leave, though it's up in the air. Toure, Agger, (possibly Wisdom/Kelly?) and Coates, though I expect him to leave, and Illori to replace him.
For CM we're loaded. Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey (might go?), Henderson (might go, too), Spearing (he'll go), and looking into signing Biteco from Gremio.
For wingers/AM we're loaded. Sterling, Suso, (think one might be loaned, hopefully), Assaidi/Downing (might leave), Aspas (looks like he'll be a great player), (Atsu?), Alberto, and then the crown jewel of Coutinho.
Striker-wise, it all depends on whether Suarez is staying or going, I personally, expect him to leave, if he does I don't really think we should look to replace him with with a striker, but rather someone of pure quality who can make runs, and score from deeper.
Borini (whom I still think will come good), Sturridge, (Aspas?), and possibly still Suarez

I've rambled on a bit here, but my point is there's competition for places in every position, I think we'll sign another centre back or two, and if Suarez leaves we'll replace him with a top quality AM/ST, and then I think we'll be set for next season, nice and early, and we can have a settled pre-season and prepare to push on.

Aaaand lots of reports - from non-Liverpool biased and reliable sources, at that - suggesting there hasn't been one.

This one will run for a while yet.

Seeing as the Shakhtar CEO said they looking for 30 million euros and Dortmund had only offered just short of 20 million, this story seems very unlikely

The one thing i have seen from this transfer is the English press seem to know absolutely nothing about the deal and are recycling old news ... Even the usual reliable Liverpool journalists are having to forward questions to the Armenian media and sources closer to Shakhtar

Still very confident about this deal

So ****** off we sold Shelvey for just 5mil, what a joke. We bought Joe Allen for 15mil last season, and we sell Shelvey for 5! Laudrup seems to have eye for shrewd signings, he shown that with Michu, so he was probably doing cartwheels when he heard we accepted what seems to be the first bid of just 5 million. It's like Tom Ince all over again, wouldn't be surprised if we were trying to buy him back next season for 20 million. We let a good English prospect go for almost nothing. Is Liverpool that desperate for cash we need to sell players for just 5 million. Wasn't given enough game time in my opinion, we stuck with Henderson all of last season and towards the end he shown signs of improvement and I have no doubt that Shelvey, with more game time, would have done the same, yet we get rid of him and still have players like Spearing, Borini, Joe Allen and Downing in the squad!

Well i was very confident about Mkhitaryan but it seems to be over now as he is close to joining Dortmund

Alot of people now reporting it, including the Liverpool Echo.. Very interesting to see who we target now seeing as something happened to stop the deal

So ****** off we sold Shelvey for just 5mil, what a joke. We bought Joe Allen for 15mil last season, and we sell Shelvey for 5! Laudrup seems to have eye for shrewd signings, he shown that with Michu, so he was probably doing cartwheels when he heard we accepted what seems to be the first bid of just 5 million. It's like Tom Ince all over again, wouldn't be surprised if we were trying to buy him back next season for 20 million. We let a good English prospect go for almost nothing. Is Liverpool that desperate for cash we need to sell players for just 5 million. Wasn't given enough game time in my opinion, we stuck with Henderson all of last season and towards the end he shown signs of improvement and I have no doubt that Shelvey, with more game time, would have done the same, yet we get rid of him and still have players like Spearing, Borini, Joe Allen and Downing in the squad!

You do forget that Allen was our best player for the first 3 months of the season.. alot more to come from him yet ( even if the price for him was over the top )

Shelvey shown promise but was very poor this season and seemed to not have the best of attitudes at certain times....

In my opinion a decent bit of business all around

Yeah, Allen was pretty impressive before he picked up his injury. Hopefully he can see some of that form again this coming season.

Completely indifferent to the sale of Shelvey. Decent enough player and obviously has talent, just needs to mature a lot. Wish him the best at Swansea.

I think maybe we should have loaned out Shelvey rather than just sending him out for the first offer that came our way but if it helps fund a good midfield signing then I'm happy.

Poor Spearing, looks like he's on his way to Blackburn.

i dont mind if Shelvey were transfered out, btw, anyone wants Suarez to leave? cause i do! ? and i also cant wait to see Mignolet, Aspas, Toure & Alberto!

Back