The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Did you all miss the not getting excited yet part I take it? ;) Lol

I just cant see it... Hardly a massive step up is it?

Real Madrid yes, but a side that has not won anything for 8/9 years

I could accept him moving to someone like Madrid, but Arsenal would be a real kick in the teeth

I could accept him moving to someone like Madrid, but Arsenal would be a real kick in the teeth

I still think he will join Real Madrid anyway.. But if we somehow did sign him would be signing of the summer imo.

Never failed to get CL football, never failed to get out of group stages iirc. Big step up, especially if he is the key to a proper title challenge

Never failed to get CL football, never failed to get out of group stages iirc. Big step up, especially if he is the key to a proper title challenge

Its a step up, but not a big one... yes they make Champions Football but they never actually realistically challenge for any of the bigger competitions

I still think he will join Real Madrid anyway.. But if we somehow did sign him would be signing of the summer imo.

No matter how controversial he is, he is one of the best strikers in the world... would be a top addition to any side

Its a step up, but not a big one... yes they make Champions Football but they never actually realistically challenge for any of the bigger competitions

And he can be that difference, thats the whole point. Still a considerable step up from where Liverpool are.

And he can be that difference, thats the whole point. Still a considerable step up from where Liverpool are.

If we had Suarez we no doubt would. :P

Im not so sure they would ( improve yes, but not challenge )... they have had a world class striker in RVP and still never realistically challenged... it seems to be other areas of the team which are in question also ( GK, defense and CDM )

And if we did sell, it should be for alot more than we quote Real Madrid... We are selling a striker at the top of his game so to a division rival it should be more

It is not like the Torres sale where he was already showing signs of poor form, a sale to Arsenal will come back to haunt us no doubt

Not sure it's quite considerable enough for him to consider it.

If we had Suarez we no doubt would. :P

Not with that midfield. You had a striker just as good as Suarez in Van Persie, and that didn't get you anywhere.

Not sure it's quite considerable enough for him to consider it.

Not with that midfield. You had a striker just as good as Suarez in Van Persie, and that didn't get you anywhere.

If we buy Suarez I dont think he is all we will buy as we have been linked to so many Mids and Arsene is interested in buying one since we had a bid for Bender from Leverkusen turned down.

If we buy Suarez I dont think he is all we will buy as we have been linked to so many Mids and Arsene is interested in buying one since we had a bid for Bender from Leverkusen turned down.

You've been linked to loads and bid for none apart from Bender, who was solidly rebuffed.

John Henry just posted this on Twitter

" What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates "

Possibly the best tweet I have seen by an owner! Brilliant.

Posted 3 am in Boston time. That account has also been hacked previously couple times.

He's got room to talk after signing Andy Carroll for 35m and Stewart Downing for 20m....

I still don't understand how you guys think Suarez won't leave Liverpool for Arsenal when you are already trying to line up his replacement in Soldado. Plus I like how Rodgers contradicts himself by saying you guys don't need the money yet said he is trying to move Reina on in a "money saving" move.

You misunderstood, he wants to know what they are smoking, so he can smoke the same thing, and once get as high as when he signed Caroll.

HAI GAIS LOL LIVERPOL SIGNED CAROLL FOR LOTS OF MONEY HOW RIDICULOUZ RITE?!?!?!?!?

like a broken record

HAI GAIS LOL LIVERPOL SIGNED CAROLL FOR LOTS OF MONEY HOW RIDICULOUZ RITE?!?!?!?!?

like a broken record

And a very funny one. Perhaps your owner should remember this before making such jibes.
More to the point, either he knows the real point of Arsenal's bid here and is playing up to the fans (which is silly because then he knows his footing isnt as invincible as he thinks), or he doesn't know the reasons for Arsenal's bid (in which case he isnt as sharp as he is trying to act). Either way, Arsenal know exactly what they are doing with that bid, and its smart work.

Last edited:
Back