The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I can see soldado, but only if Suarez leaves soon and Spurs doss about with their bid. Other than him, I'd like us to go for a big winger, a top quality creative player. God knows who. Then another centre half (Alderweild?)

Happy with the way we;re dealing with Suarez to be honest, I was half expecting us to roll over and sell him to an English team for a packet of crisp.

I can see soldado, but only if Suarez leaves soon and Spurs doss about with their bid. Other than him, I'd like us to go for a big winger, a top quality creative player. God knows who. Then another centre half (Alderweild?)

Happy with the way we;re dealing with Suarez to be honest, I was half expecting us to roll over and sell him to an English team for a packet of crisp.

I think a CB is very much needed... a physical CB, although i like Alerweireled he is very similar to Agger. Apart from Papadopolous im not sure

For the winger position i would love Erik Lamela ( not impossible imo )

Lamela - Suarez - Coutinho
Sturridge

would also be pretty nice to see

We still have only spent a net of 2million, and with a sale of maybe 1 or two more a CB and a AM/Winger/ST seems likely

So what you guys going to do if Suarez does indeed hand in a transfer request and we do offer an increased bid (Guardian reporting it)? I certainly remember in 2011 you guys stated you wouldn't sell Torres to rivals and he wasn't for sale yet we all see what happened there.

So what you guys going to do if Suarez does indeed hand in a transfer request and we do offer an increased bid (Guardian reporting it)? I certainly remember in 2011 you guys stated you wouldn't sell Torres to rivals and he wasn't for sale yet we all see what happened there.

We didn't want to sell Torres, but 50 million for him at his age was too good to turn down, and we didn't have enough time to flog him somewhere else. Suarez is worth more than Torres, better age, better player, and torres was a **** and told us on the last day of january

Real Madrid have told us they're still interested, and might bid. I think if Arsenal put in a good bid, we'll just tell madrid 'now or never' and hope they bid for him. I'd rather sell him there for 10 million less than sell to Arsenal.

Torres was showing signs of losing form before we sold him... Chelsea also were not our direct competition as they were title challengers

Arsenal are the side we need to beat to get into the top 4... Im not saying it 100% wont happen, it may, i just have my doubts considering how it would strengthen the one side we are targeting to beat this year

Also a transfer request isn't always the end... Remember Rooney and United and Benteke just recently at Villa, they signed new contracts within a week or two

Arsenal are the side we need to beat to get into the top 4... Im not saying it 100% wont happen, it may, i just have my doubts considering how it would strengthen the one side we are targeting to beat this year

Also a transfer request isn't always the end... Remember Rooney and United and Benteke just recently at Villa, they signed new contracts within a week or two

We are the side you need to beat to get into the top 4? What about Tottenham or Everton? You guys finished 12 points behind us last season and 18 the year before. Also Rooney just wanted more money at the time, this time around I sincerely think he wants to leave. Benteke in my opinion wanted to move to Arsenal after he heard of our interest but when Spurs came in decided he would rather want to stay at Villa.

Real Madrid have told us they're still interested, and might bid. I think if Arsenal put in a good bid, we'll just tell madrid 'now or never' and hope they bid for him. I'd rather sell him there for 10 million less than sell to Arsenal.

Where have you heard that Real Madrid have told you they are still interested? Every place I have seen has said they are focused on Bale and Vidal.

Real Madrid continue to lurk in the background, and they have indicated to Suárez's representatives that they have an interest in signing him. Their bank balance has been boosted by the £32m that they received from Napoli for the striker Gonzalo Higuaín, who was previously a target for Arsenal.
Guardian

That leaves Liverpool with a quandary that originates in the very nature of the bid on the table – one from a direct rival – and, even more so, in the lack of prospective competition for Suárez's signature. There's speculation that Real Madrid may still hold an interest in the player, yet the off-the-record noises coming out of Santiago Bernabéu suggest that Florentino Pérez and Carlo Ancelotti have shifted their target to Gareth Bale, if indeed they intend to make any late addition to their already substantial summer spending. Which leaves Liverpool with just the one feasible buyer – one that they would not want to sell to.

Posted today by the Guardian

We are the side you need to beat to get into the top 4? What about Tottenham or Everton? You guys finished 12 points behind us last season and 18 the year before. Also Rooney just wanted more money at the time, this time around I sincerely think he wants to leave. Benteke in my opinion wanted to move to Arsenal after he heard of our interest but when Spurs came in decided he would rather want to stay at Villa.

Yes you are seeing as you finished 4th and the top 3 are likely to be the title challengers, you are our main rivals... Tottenham and Everton will be challengers aswell, but you finished 4th

Just saying a transfer request isn't everything.. if we dont want to sell to a rival ( and we shouldnt ) then we wont

In my opinion Liverpool have bad coach and bad transfer policy all this players what signed last few years have been total fails exept Suarez so this season Liverpool will not be in top 6 what is realy bad for this great club.

I would like to mention that I betting alot and living from that ,so rarely I fail with my predictions

Last edited:
In my opinion Liverpool have bad coach and bad transfer policy all this players what signed last few years have been total fails exept Suarez so this season Liverpool will not be in top 6 what is realy bad for this great club.

Not true at all, Coutinho was a great signing for them and Sturridge started off brilliantly. **** even Jordan Henderson has shown glimpses of becoming really good.

I would like to mention that I betting alot and living from that ,so rarely I fail with my predictions

Sturridge and Coutinho?

Not true at all, Coutinho was a great signing for them and Sturridge started off brilliantly. **** even Jordan Henderson has shown glimpses of becoming really good.

great signings maybe for Norwich but for club who need to play in CL and fight for title they suck badly.That 3 players what you mention they cannot play in any of top 3 English teams also I dont want to mention top Eu teams.

Bernard went to porto or someone and Spurs got a £23mil bid rejected and it was said to be about £26-28mil they were only willing to sell for.

great signings maybe for Norwich but for club who need to play in CL and fight for title they suck badly.That 3 players what you mention they cannot play in any of top 3 English teams also I dont want to mention top Eu teams.
you sir need to pull your head out of your *** if you cant see the guy thay got from inter is going to be good then i think you need to lay down in a very dark room

Lol wot?

Sturridge and Cou have been our best signings in a long while (excluding Suarez)

Considering our current position, they are fantastic signings.

You sir, need an e-slap

you sir need to pull your head out of your *** if you cant see the guy thay got from inter is going to be good then i think you need to lay down in a very dark room

Then why Liverpool didn't finished in top 6 last year !

Liverpool much greater club then Chelsea buying their reserve player.

No any chance that Liverpool will be in top 6 this season,specially if Suarez leave the club.

also i don't understand why buy Mignolet when Begovic,Muslera and Julio Cezar are much better options and they are available.

Last edited:

No any chance that Liverpool will be in top 6 this season,specially if Suarez leave the club.

Probably because they had them for half a season? They will be a top 6 side this season, I don't think they will be a top 4 club though.

also i don't understand why buy Mignolet when Begovic,Muslera and Julio Cezar are much better options and they are available.

Begovic is happy at Stoke. Muslera is fairly level with Mignolet imo and Cesar is 33 and would have extortionate wages. Mignolet every day for me

Back