The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The only way it's a 'sideways step' is if Liverpool are in the CL every season. They aren't. So it's a step up, whichever way you look at it.

wow is this how far pool have fallen that thay have to give him a clause

Its true, to lure big players clauses have to be put in place in case we don't achieve certain targets... Champions League being best example

LFC, the whole reason for the bid is that Liverpool and Guardiola have different interpretations of what the clause means. Arsenal's whole bid was based to see for themselves what it actually means, hence the £40,000,001 bid. This whole pay a premium thing becomes entirely moot if the clause is in Guardiola's favour. The real interest is what happens now, in terms of clearing up the clause. Will Suarez push for a move? Will Guardiola get the lawyers involved?

Agree its all about the terms... I just cannot see how it can be a minimum fee release clause ( so Liverpool have to accept it ) without Liverpool themselves knowing it

A ' you can talk with the club ' or ' we have to inform you ' sounds more reasonable

Despite all of this i can still see Liverpool wanting 50million, and i dont see them budging much below, if any

Its true, to lure big players clauses have to be put in place in case we don't achieve certain targets... Champions League being best example

Agree its all about the terms... I just cannot see how it can be a minimum fee release clause ( so Liverpool have to accept it ) without Liverpool themselves knowing it

A ' you can talk with the club ' or ' we have to inform you ' sounds more reasonable

Despite all of this i can still see Liverpool wanting 50million, and i dont see them budging much below, if any

Because somehow both sides have managed to be incompetent enough to have included a clause that isnt clear cut. If it was, there wouldnt be a debate one way or another.

It doesnt sound anymore reasonable than Suarez having a 40m "im out" clause

Because somehow both sides have managed to be incompetent enough to have included a clause that isnt clear cut. If it was, there wouldnt be a debate one way or another.

It doesnt sound anymore reasonable than Suarez having a 40m "im out" clause

If it is infact a release clause, im sure the person that negotiated the deal probably wont be there much longer ( Ayre i presume )

If it is infact a release clause, im sure the person that negotiated the deal probably wont be there much longer ( Ayre i presume )

While I think its a good price, for what its worth Liverpool are right to stick with this if they believe they are right. Nice to see clubs tell players to shut up and actually play instead of whining every two minutes.

While I think its a good price, for what its worth Liverpool are right to stick with this if they believe they are right. Nice to see clubs tell players to shut up and actually play instead of whining every two minutes.

I know he has many many faults with his controversies but as a player he is still one of the worlds best.. combine that with how important he is to Liverpool i think we are right to stick by our guns

Still hope he's goes Madrid if anywhere though

Lord Sugar@Lord_Sugar1h
Arsenal bid for Suarez might breach PL rules. How did they know about clause in his contract about above £40m. Liverpool should complain

Anyone know what the Rule is and (if they have) what Arsenal have done wrong? Just interested to find out.

cant see why he would go its not a step up well it is if he want to play in the cl but not win anything its just a sideway step

Playing for a club and for a manager who has qualified for the Champions League 16 consecutive times despite having a decade long net spend looking like this:

Prem-transfers-decade-updateJPEG24.8.11.jpg

Is perhaps why...

Now the stadium is paid, the new deals signed.. I'm sure he recognizes when the team is on the up.

Either that, or he wants out of England and hasn't realised Arsenal arn't a French side yet.

Lord Sugar@Lord_Sugar1h
Arsenal bid for Suarez might breach PL rules. How did they know about clause in his contract about above £40m. Liverpool should complain

Anyone know what the Rule is and (if they have) what Arsenal have done wrong? Just interested to find out.

Given that this clause has been in the papers for a while now, very much doubt they have done anything wrong.

Is there such a thing as a "if there's a bid of a certain amount, we'll inform you that we've received an offer of that amount clause"?!?!

If I was a footballer, I would want to know if a bid was put in whether it was £10 or £40M.....This whole situation is going to drag on and on and it's only going to get messier!

Playing for a club and for a manager who has qualified for the Champions League 16 consecutive times despite having a decade long net spend looking like this:

Prem-transfers-decade-updateJPEG24.8.11.jpg

Is perhaps why...

Now the stadium is paid, the new deals signed.. I'm sure he recognizes when the team is on the up.

Either that, or he wants out of England and hasn't realised Arsenal arn't a French side yet.

They are in a better position than Liverpool, im not denying that but its still all If's

The stadium has cleared, we are in a better position ETC ...

Arsenal still have not won anything or realistically challenged for anything for a long time now and for Suarez its an important time in his career to move to a side already at the top

Reason why R.Madrid is a good option and Arsenal isn't ( In Liverpool's fans eyes )

Oh I agree with you, Arsenal is a rival to Lpool but it is certainly not R. Madrid.. but if Madrid don't bid and Arsenal do, it's take it or leave it for Rodgers and Suarez.. and if he puts in a transfer request following this 40m + £1 bid then perhaps that might tip the scales.

BBC just reported

Luis Suarez will be allowed to hold talks with Arsenal but LFC have no intention of selling until his £50m-plus valuation is met (BBC)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Apparently we will target Soldado as his replacement as well as an attacking midfielder ( If he leaves ) All about If's haha[/FONT]

BBC just reported

Luis Suarez will be allowed to hold talks with Arsenal but LFC have no intention of selling until his £50m-plus valuation is met (BBC)

Apparently we will target Soldado as his replacement as well as an attacking midfielder ( If he leaves ) All about If's haha

Heard yesterday that you were the other club bidding for Soldado along with Spurs. Only heard that Spurs offer was refused and now they are looking for Lopez from Lyon, but nothing of your bid. Also Eriksen on your radar. Already snubbed Leverkusen and now it's only you vs Milan who don't have money to sign him unless they sell Kevin Prince Boateng.

Rumors saying Suarez will hand in a transfer request. By the way, how did he play in the friendly today? Everyone I heard from said he looked rather uninterested yet still showed some brilliance. I believe we can get Suarez for 42m or so if he infact does hand in a transfer request.

Remember - applying proper shaving cream will reduce skin irritation.

There's still a question of eating the pubes though.

Rumors saying Suarez will hand in a transfer request. By the way, how did he play in the friendly today? Everyone I heard from said he looked rather uninterested yet still showed some brilliance. I believe we can get Suarez for 42m or so if he infact does hand in a transfer request.

Played only 20 minutes or so. Didn't look happy at all, but still tried couple times. He assisted Aspas goal at the end and it was pretty nice.

Times reporting tonight that Liverpool are adamant they will not sell to who they consider a Rival ( IE Arsenal ) but will seriously consider an offer of 45million+ from a foreign club ( IE Madrid )

IF and its a big IF Suarez does stay... with a new AM/ST we seem to be targeting our front line will be something very special

Bernard and Soldado linked ( cant see it ) but Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez, Bernard/Soldado would be some front line

Back