The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Also think Henderson will play all the cup games and give Gerrard/Meireles a break...

I reckon Meireles will be sold if a good offer comes in.

Not yet I don't think. He was Hogdsons best signing but still hes not right is he. Cant get my head round why though because hes a good player.

You mean they got it from Alex's source?

You kill me sometimes.

Back on Henderson, is the general concensus that he will play wide right? There seems to be a lot of love for Kuyt, so will it be a case of rotation or do you think Liverpool will give Henderson a first team slot based on the amount he has cost?

Henderson on the right, Kuyt will be moved upfront to rotate with & be back up to Carroll.

Not yet I don't think. He was Hogdsons best signing but still hes not right is he. Cant get my head round why though because hes a good player.

He bottles tackles - giving & receiving perhaps ?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Henderson on the right, Kuyt will be moved upfront to rotate with & be back up to Carroll.

You need pace & technique to be an effective winger. Henderson is a nailed on middleman. Why buy a central midfielder just to stick him in a less effective position ? This makes little sense. Meh.

He bottles tackles - giving & receiving perhaps ?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

You need pace & technique to be an effective winger. Henderson is a nailed on middleman. Why buy a central midfielder just to stick him in a less effective position ? This makes little sense. Meh.

Becuase he will be used tucked in to the right hand side, when you play lopsided 4-4-2, or in the middle in a 4-3-3

Becuase he will be used tucked in to the right hand side, when you play lopsided 4-4-2, or in the middle in a 4-3-3

keep hearing about this lopsided 4-4-2, how does that work? :$

Its Classic Dalglish, one wing is and out and out winger, the other is a wide supporting midfielder, drifting out when needed or tucking in and allowing the fullback to get beyond him

another load of rumors going about now that some spanish radio station has reported that we have agreed a deal for aguero (using his buy-out clause i think) i wish it was true but thats very unlikely

My hopes for this summer:
In:
Jordan Henderson
Cristiano Doni
Stewart Downing/Ashley Young/Jeffren Suarez (two of them)
Bojan Krkic
Connor Wickham
Aly Cissokho/Jose Enrique
Scott Dann/Gary Cahill/Mamadou Sakho

Out:
Alberto Aquilani
David N'Gog
Christian Poulsen
Emiliano Insua
Brad Jones
Paul Konchesky
Milan Jovanovic
Sotiris Kyrgiakos
Stephen Darby
Joe Cole
Dean Bouzanis
Chris Mavinga
Nabil El Zahr
Phillipp Degen

Out on loan:
Jonjo Shelvey
Danny Wilson
Daniel Ayala

Keeping my fingers crossed!

He bottles tackles - giving & receiving perhaps?

Pfffft amateurs.

Thank you.

One down... four to go: Liverpool's next £50million transfer targets revealed

Kenny Dalglish will continue to splash the cash after his first success and failure in the transfer market.
Cheered by his capture of Jordan Henderson and disappointed to lose out on Phil Jones to Manchester United, he will target the next four names on his hitlist
Dalgish is keen on Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Scott Dann and Sylvain Marveaux and the quartet would take his summer spending to £50million.

Dalglish has turned to Downing with No 1 target Ashley Young set to join United and the England winger would cost around £12million from
Aston Villa after saying he would not rush into signing a new deal with the Midlanders.
Progress on Downing could be slowed because of the managerial vacancy and Gerard Houllier's successor will no doubt make a plea for him to stay.

Liverpool's interest in Adam has been on the back burner since Blackpool refused their £6.4million bid in January and they will not pay more than £8million for the Scotland midfielder.
Again progress could be slow because of the belligerence of Seasiders chairman Karl Oyston and he will drive a hard bargain over Adam after unilaterally taking up an option to extend his contract by 12 months until 2013.
Dann has moved up Dalglish's list because of his failure to land Jones and the boyhood Kopite would love to move to Anfield from Birmingham.

The centre-half looks set to leave the Blues this summer and would cost around £10million.
French winger Marveaux is available on a free transfer from Rennes and director of football Damien Comolli has been working on his signing since last year.
Staying for now is David Ngog and the striker has turned down the chance to join Sunderland as part of the Henderson deal.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-set-to-move-for-Charlie-Adam-Stewart-Downing-Scott-Dann-and-Sylvain-Marveaux-article745868.html#ixzz1Om6Umj5M

My hopes for this summer:

Out:
Alberto Aquilani
David N'Gog
Christian Poulsen
Emiliano Insua
Brad Jones
Paul Konchesky
Milan Jovanovic
Sotiris Kyrgiakos
Stephen Darby
Joe Cole
Dean Bouzanis
Chris Mavinga
Nabil El Zahr
Phillipp Degen
Agree with all of these (except insua, could be useful backup at LB), amazing how much deadwood we have when you put it in a list.

[U
Dean Bouzanis

If im not mistaken Bouzanis left the club about 2 months ago. His contract was terminated.

We have quite a lot of dead wood in the squad alright.

Really hope we get Dann. Hes a scouser and hopefully could learn a bit from Carra as he will efictively be replacing him in the next year or 2

Back