The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Really hope we get Dann. Hes a scouser

I don't get this tbh, yes it would be a bonus that he supports us. But if he is a a top class defender then he could support the ****'s for all I care.

I don't get this tbh, yes it would be a bonus that he supports us. But if he is a a top class defender then he could support the ****'s for all I care.

He's more likely to want to come here if he's a local lad who actually supports LFC is all. Can't do any harm anyway.

I wouldn't want any neo-fascists here tbh, don't care how good they are.

Didn't realise he was an idiot. Are you serious ?

I remember seeing links to the Mussolini statue he had in his home back when he first signed. Obviously it doesn't mean he's a facist or anything, but it's certainly interesting. :)

I remember seeing links to the Mussolini statue he had in his home back when he first signed. Obviously it doesn't mean he's a facist or anything, but it's certainly interesting. :)

Well if he's not a dictator-botherer he's got a very strange sense of humour.

He is actually a good player too. But being local he wont hold the club to ransom for wages. A local lad will always give that extra 10% on the pitch. Look at Carra, Gerrard, Spearing and Flanno. Especially in Spearings case, he may not be the most talented player but he would die for the club and will defy his ability on a constant basis. Of course there is no guarantee that Dann would be the same but it doesnt hurt that he holds the club in such high regard.

Better than signing a manc who's only after the wages ;)

Liverpool players play without wages and after champions league final victory in 2005, Gerrard didn't hold club to ransom for better contract and tried to engineer a move to Chelsea... ;)

Liverpool players play without wages and after champions league final victory in 2005, Gerrard didn't hold club to ransom for better contract and tried to engineer a move to Chelsea... ;)

Fair point. But he did deserve a better contract although it wasnt right to hold the club to ransom.

My main point was though that the local guys always put more of an effort in games.
You would agree that Scholes, Neville anbd Giggs carried you through some games?

Dont want anybody starting an argument over that post. Keep it plesant guys

Fair point. But he did deserve a better contract although it wasnt right to hold the club to ransom.

My main point was though that the local guys always put more of an effort in games.
You would agree that Scholes, Neville anbd Giggs carried you through some games?

I think it is not where they are from tbh, just what they are like, someone like Park puts in more effort then anyone in the Utd side and he is from Korea.

Giggs, Scholes and a young neville only carried us through games, due to there ability tbh,

No mate, I didn't quote you as you made fair point. Local lads gives more than foreign lads and loyal than outsiders..

Feeling around that if Charlie Adam's not already joined, he's going to as soon as he gets back from his hols.

I think it is not where they are from tbh, just what they are like, someone like Park puts in more effort then anyone in the Utd side and he is from Korea.

Giggs, Scholes and a young neville only carried us through games, due to there ability tbh,

However Carragher isn't the greatest player in the world, but he's single handedly kept us clean sheets at times. Spearing isn't a very talented player however his passion shows, he loves getting stuck in, and things are coming together for him now. The majority of local lads give more than the majority of foreigners.

For some reason, I'd rather have Scott Dann than Gary Cahill.

However Carragher isn't the greatest player in the world, but he's single handedly kept us clean sheets at times. Spearing isn't a very talented player however his passion shows, he loves getting stuck in, and things are coming together for him now. The majority of local lads give more than the majority of foreigners.

For some reason, I'd rather have Scott Dann than Gary Cahill.

Could that not just be the type of players they are, the same was with Irish Boy Roy Keane, Scotsman Darren Fletcher, Korean Star Park.

Look at you guys, Kuyt will never stop running or trying, yet he is a dutch man.

I dont think its as simple as coming down to local vs outsider, rather its the temperament and the mentality of the player

Jordan Henderson - 'Steven Gerrard is the best player i've played against' - September 2010

Could that not just be the type of players they are, the same was with Irish Boy Roy Keane, Scotsman Darren Fletcher, Korean Star Park.

Look at you guys, Kuyt will never stop running or trying, yet he is a dutch man.

I did say the majority. How about Gary Neville, was never a brilliant footballer but he was so passionate he was the captain. It's just my personal belief that local lads who support the club, are more passionate than foreigners. Kuyt is one of those that have fell in love with the club, just as Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Hyypia and going even further back Jan Molby did.

I did say the majority. How about Gary Neville, was never a brilliant footballer but he was so passionate he was the captain. It's just my personal belief that local lads who support the club, are more passionate than foreigners. Kuyt is one of those that have fell in love with the club, just as Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Hyypia and going even further back Jan Molby did.

But lets look at it another way, Someone like Wes Brown, Is a local lad, clearly loves the club, but he doesnt play like someone like Neville.

You really think Kuyt wouldnt be the same, Never say die attidude, somewhere else, I very much think he would be.

To Me, A local lad is great, but the player himself will decide how much he puts in.

Back