The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hazard has just signed a contract extension until 2014. There is no way on planet earth that Hazard will go for less than £22-£25m this summer. I'll wank off to a picture of Gary Glitter if he does.

Ill hold you to that :p

does anyone rate Insua as he is back at the end of the season, i think he is good tbh

Yes I rate him. He was chucked into the first team at a young age with loads of pressure, he has gone away and had a season playing football regularly hopefully not being mauled by fans. Him as back up to Kadlec/Coentrao I'd be very happy with.

Ill hold you to that :p

Go for it; he isn't going for that cheap.

I might be abit late

but i think although we may have overpaid for Carroll i look at it as we got 2 strikers for the price of one and we didnt even spend a penny in january cus we sold players and got the same amount!

Suarez is just quality...
Carroll is something we havent got! a target man who can win headers and hold the ball.. how many times against sunderland did he threaten from corners!

Overall im very happy

and in summer id love Ashley young, Baines/Coentrao for our left side :)

AND get kenny on a perm deal... since he took over liverpool have won the most points in the prem ENOUGH SAID :)

Hazard has just signed a contract extension until 2014. There is no way on planet earth that Hazard will go for less than £22-£25m this summer. I'll wank off to a picture of Gary Glitter if he does.
It's 2015, not 2014. 1 year contract extension. The most important transfer for me would be Kenny in on a permanent deal. Without CL though, L'pool won't be able to attract top players like Sanchez or Hazard so we definitely need that. After all, why come to a Europa League team when you could go to a Champions League team like Arsenal/Man United? I hope Tottenham and Chelsea encounter a slump though I can't see it happening. New owners haven't spent much though. If I'm not wrong, they at least broke even despite us buying over 50M worth of players? Mainly because of Torres though.:P He goes to Chelsea and still fails. What a sad situation.

Last edited:
It's 2015, not 2014. 1 year contract extension. The most important transfer for me would be Kenny in on a permanent deal. Without CL though, L'pool won't be able to attract top players like Sanchez or Hazard so we definitely need that. After all, why come to a Europa League team when you could go to a Champions League team like Arsenal/Man United? I hope Tottenham and Chelsea encounter a slump though I can't see it happening. New owners haven't spent much though. If I'm not wrong, they at least broke even despite us buying over 50M worth of players? Mainly because of Torres though.:P He goes to Chelsea and still fails. What a sad situation.

Yes apologies, 2015 sorry.

RE Owners; Just remember 6 months ago, the owners would have pocketed that £50m to service debts, the futures a lot brighter.

I want Xabi Alonso back :(
I think the key word of the summer have to be creativity. Someone we really need.

Xabi Alonso isn't coming back. Would take a huge sum for Real Madrid to sell him back sadly. And yea, we definitely need someone creative but as Alex said earlier, Meireles can do that decently.

Sorry how has he not convinced you? He's been brilliant this season, and arguably our most consistent player!

What does he need to do to convince you that he is worthy or wearing the red of Liverpool?

I am not saying he is not worthy of wearing the beautiful red jersey, and he has improved vastly this season...but to me he is a good squad player not a every week first teamer. He does put his foot in more now, but I still don't think he is choosing the right tackles a lot of the time and gives away some silly fouls. Sometimes people just ghost past him. He is just not a "natural" holding midfielder. But he is still learning and is young so may grow more and more into the role. As for consistent, yes, but I would want a player capable of getting 8 out of 10's than someone who is a 7 every week.

Alonso - Meireles
Kuyt - Gerrard - Suarez
Carroll

but suarez and kuyt roaming to possible make front three at times... Not gunna happen i know haha :)

In relation to the tactics, do you not think this would work well?

ABpIq.jpg

However with Carroll for Kuyt, and hopefully a new left winger who can bomb down the left? I thought in this game Meireles looked dangerous coming in off the right.

From Jose Enrique To Leighton Baines, The Left Backs On Liverpool's Radar This Summer.

Name: Jose Enrique
Club: Newcastle
Nationality: Spanish
Price: £8 million

Name:
Leighton Baines
Club: Everton
Nationality: English
Price: £12m

Name: Fabio Coentrao
Club: Benfica
Nationality: Portuguese
Price: £22m

Name: Benoit Tremoulinas
Club: Bordeaux
Nationality: French
Price: £8m

Name: Taye Taiwo
Club: Marseille
Nationality: Nigerian
Price: Free Transfer

Name: Emilio Izaguirre
Club: Celtic
Nationality: Honduran
Price: £8m

Name: Maynor Figueroa
Club: Wigan
Nationality: Honduran
Price: £6m

Name: Nacho Monreal
Club: Osasuna
Nationality: Spanish
Price: £7m

Source : Goal..com

My question is: Who do you want to see in the famous red shirt? I'd prefer Baines or Coentrao. Or maybe even Taiwo, as he's a decent player, and available on a free.

I'd love to grab Coentrao if we can afford him! Otherwise, then I'm hoping for Baines. Also,, it can't hurt to snap up Taiwo on a free :P

Enrique is a good defender, can't pass a 5 yard ball. Baines is top quality, not sure if Everton would let him go though. While £12m does seem a bit much, we paid £18m for Johnson, and Baines is a better full back. Haven't seen much of Taiwo, he's a legend om FM though. What I've seen of Coentrao I've liked.

Tremoulinas would be a good addition to. Have only seen him play a couple of times, but he seems like a good player.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Baines has caught the eye this season with some sensational attacking displays for Everton - and the interest from Liverpool is genuine.
As a lifelong Liverpool supporter, Baines would be interested in a move across Stanley Park, where Kenny Dalglish has been highly impressed by his attacking talents.

Not sure if Everton would sell him to us, but he'd like to go :P

As much as I would like it to happen, there's more chance that I am a cross-breed of Buckbeak the Hippogriff and a Minataur than Fabio Coentrao being a Liverpool player by September 1st 2011.

As much as I would like it to happen, there's more chance that I am a cross-breed of Buckbeak the Hippogriff and a Minataur than Fabio Coentrao being a Liverpool player by September 1st 2011.

I'm gonna hold you to that :p

Even though i doubt that myself, especially with club like Real Madrid and Man Utd interested.

LFCMarshall;1090361 AND get kenny on a perm deal... since he took over liverpool have w[B said:
on the most points in the prem ENOUGH SAID [/B]:)

ermmm, no we haven't? :S

Arsenal & United have both took more points than us since Kenny took over.

Back