The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Drenthe is no where near the player many expected him to be, when he moved to Madrid. He had ok season with Hercules. Still I think he can improve and play better than he is now. Just a matter of finding the club that makes use of his talent.. IMO with Carroll in the team he maybe good signing as he has got good crossing ability. I have doubts on his mental ability. Mentally fragile.

Saying that I have a doubt that Liverpool is too big a club for him. Risky business imo but you can get him for very low price. So maybe worth a risk..

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

From other forum..

******* **** they're some good stats =O

Drenthe is no where near the player many expected him to be, when he moved to Madrid. He had ok season with Hercules. Still I think he can improve and play better than he is now. Just a matter of finding the club that makes use of his talent.. IMO with Carroll in the team he maybe good signing as he has got good crossing ability. I have doubts on his mental ability. Mentally fragile.

Saying that I have a doubt that Liverpool is too big a club for him. Risky business imo but you can get him for very low price. So maybe worth a risk..

Nah not having that the pressure at Liverpool wouldn't be sufficient to expose a mental fragility in a player. If he's mentally fragile, he won't be signed (psychological profiling is part of what Comolli does) by us though anyways. He's got talent but I do have doubts he'll ever realise it to the level he could do for whatever reason. Same as Babel in some respects in that regard. He's also got a reputation for being a disruptive player in the dressing room. Sounds like a Manchester United player more than one for us tbh.

Nah not having that the pressure at Liverpool wouldn't be sufficient to expose a mental fragility in a player. If he's mentally fragile, he won't be signed (psychological profiling is part of what Comolli does) by us though anyways. He's got talent but I do have doubts he'll ever realise it to the level he could do for whatever reason. Same as Babel in some respects in that regard. He's also got a reputation for being a disruptive player in the dressing room. Sounds like a Manchester United player more than one for us tbh.

Ya Babel is a good comparison.

We dont have a disruptive player in the dressing room. ;)

Ya Babel is a good comparison.

We dont have a disruptive player in the dressing room. ;)

Just mean that you have taken them in, in the past, and some have done well, others less so under Ferguson's rod of iron.

Just mean that you have taken them in, in the past, and some have done well, others less so under Ferguson's rod of iron.

Oh I see what you mean, but this is completely different. Drenthe is mentally fragile player, not dressing room disruptive player.

Oh I see what you mean, but this is completely different. Drenthe is mentally fragile player, not dressing room disruptive player.

He's been accused of being disruptive - his loan spell was marred by a spar with Hercules where he declared he'd lost confidence in them. Whether he's mentally fragile, I guess we'll see if anyone at a club which expects regular silverware takes a punt at me.

Zapata would be a beast of a signing, probably the second best centre back in Serie A, very good player.

Udinese have some serious problems next season. They have lost Inler, now Zapata and Sanchez on the verge of signing with other team. Thats 3 important players in one window. Dont know how they cope without all these players.

And BTW Alex, whom do you rate as best defender in Serie A?

Udinese have some serious problems next season. They have lost Inler, now Zapata and Sanchez on the verge of signing with other team. Thats 3 important players in one window. Dont know how they cope without all these players.

Honestly, they're a selling club - They're used to selling their best players.

And BTW Alex, whom do you rate as best defender in Serie A?

Best CB? Thiago Silva.

Hmm who remembers what happened the last time we signed a highly rated defender from Udinese.

Zapata would be a beast of a signing, probably the second best centre back in Serie A, very good player.

You rate Zapata over Lucio, Samuel, Campagnaro, Andre Dias, Juan, Mexes and even Medhi Benatia, his teammate?

Zapata is overrated by FM. He's still a decent CB though, might be worth a punt if he's available.

You rate Zapata over Lucio, Samuel, Campagnaro, Andre Dias, Juan, Mexes and even Medhi Benatia, his teammate?

Zapata is overrated by FM. He's still a decent CB though, might be worth a punt if he's available.

Last season he was very, very impressive. Serie A team of the year if I'm not mistaken. And I knew I'd forget about a couple of defenders which is why I said probably second best but still, an extremely good centre back.

I was about to name few CBs who are better but didn't want to start argument.

I would say he is in top 5 CBs.

Thiago Silva, Samuel, Lucio, Chiellini, are better than him. But not by much..

And GC, Mexes is better than Zapata? You said it well, FM overrates few and Mexes is surely one among them. Zapata is better than Mexes.

Hmm who remembers what happened the last time we signed a highly rated defender from Udinese.

As long as this isn't a cheap way to try and get a new centre forward by retraining him, I think we'll be fine ;)

I COME IN PEARCE NOT TO TROLL.....

Whats you opinion on the third kit( The blue one) it looks very similar to an everton shirt in my opinion....

Whats you opinion on the third kit( The blue one) it looks very similar to an everton shirt in my opinion....

I'd like it if the blue stripers were the red. Would look so much better.

Not a huge fan myself.

Similar to an Everton shirt? Other than the hint of blue, not at all
It's quite nice a kit, just too much blue

I was about to name few CBs who are better but didn't want to start argument.

I would say he is in top 5 CBs.

Thiago Silva, Samuel, Lucio, Chiellini, are better than him. But not by much..

And GC, Mexes is better than Zapata? You said it well, FM overrates few and Mexes is surely one among them. Zapata is better than Mexes.

everyone knows mexes is **** and how old is lucio this season he was carp also chiellini is probably better but samuel and lucio are old so zapata is prob better

Scratch Campagnaro from that list, he won't be playing for a while...

Similar to an Everton shirt? Other than the hint of blue, not at all
It's quite nice a kit, just too much blue

The edging is sort of lightish blue - not royal blue - but it's still blue. If it was green there'd be no worries, but it's not. Nice design though.

Talking of the colour blue, Zapata has just come right out of it. Odd that none of the ITKs has flagged his name before after months of speculating about incomings. He seems to be a decent enough player but has he got an Iteye passport yet ? I don't fancy having a CB as a non-EEC player; it'd be a bit of a waste of a slot when there's all those excellent AMCs, wingers & strikers out there from South America.

Back