The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't think we have put out a defence that will start a Prem match( Or shouldn't). I'll reserve judgement untill I see Johnson, Carra, Agger and Kelly/New LB in our team...

We lost 3-0 to Hull.

Is anyone else slightly worried by the amount of goals we're conceding to terrible teams. I know it's pre-season, but it's hardly bodes well.

Just goes to show the value of a holding player to shield the back four. Lucas is on his richly-deserved hols at mo, & he's the only one we have who can do it properly. Having said that we should be doing better as the friendlies continue not worse. The defenders featured need to start getting their heads in the game. We'll see now if KK expedites the new defensive signings we need.

Last edited:
Fantasy Football 2011 / 2012 - HJC - Liverpool FC - LFC Onlineor anyone interested in helping out.

Do Liverpool Possess Enough ‘Magic’?

All teams need to find the balance between attack and defence. Perhaps it’s the most crucial equation in football. Formations are designed to meet both needs, with compactness a key when out of possession, and movement essential once in control of the ball.

The further up the table you are expected to be, the greater the need for a higher number of match-winners and magicians. The lower you go, the more likely you are to find a greater number of stoppers, with just a couple of lock-pickers. Occasionally you find players who excel at both sides of the game, and these are like gold dust. Right now, I’d say that Liverpool have at least three: Suarez, Gerrard and Agger, who are as creative as anyone else in their respective positions, but also work hard to win the ball. Perhaps Kuyt should be included, too.

There’s a lot of talk about formations, and they are obviously important. But they do not define how attacking a team is. To me, the vital aspect is how many attacking players you get into the team, whether they line up in the defence, midfield or up front........

Read the rest over at TTT

All teams need to find the balance between attack and defence. Perhaps it’s the most crucial equation in football. Formations are designed to meet both needs, with compactness a key when out of possession, and movement essential once in control of the ball.

The further up the table you are expected to be, the greater the need for a higher number of match-winners and magicians. The lower you go, the more likely you are to find a greater number of stoppers, with just a couple of lock-pickers. Occasionally you find players who excel at both sides of the game, and these are like gold dust. Right now, I’d say that Liverpool have at least three: Suarez, Gerrard and Agger, who are as creative as anyone else in their respective positions, but also work hard to win the ball. Perhaps Kuyt should be included, too.

There’s a lot of talk about formations, and they are obviously important. But they do not define how attacking a team is. To me, the vital aspect is how many attacking players you get into the team, whether they line up in the defence, midfield or up front........

Very good read. Thanks for the post! :wub:

I think SSN has confirmed Marco Bueno has joined from Pachuca. WC winner, pre contract after his 'trial' at LFC training ground. He will arrive in January I think.

So, if birmingham enter administration would you want to take their place in the europa league? personally, i wouldn't want that spot if we were in your situation.

So, if birmingham enter administration would you want to take their place in the europa league? personally, i wouldn't want that spot if we were in your situation.

No, Id rather not have it. Its not as if the revenue will make it worth it. And its too late to use that as a plus to sign players. At least we can focus all our attention next season on making it back into the top 4. Europa would only be a distraction. And also wouldnt like to have the label of only being in it because of another clubs financial problems

Europa is a waste of time for any team capable of hitting top 4.
Lots of early season mid week games, so unlikely to play many key players untill later on in it . Plus like Steve said, the revenue created by it isn't really worth it and it's a little late to help "use" european football as a way of helping us sign players.

yeah, i would want a simular thing to you 2 if it were us, vaguely want you to get top four this year to maybe stop city getting it..

Fantastic article. Great read - although I'd expect no less from Tompkins..

I think SSN has confirmed Marco Bueno has joined from Pachuca. WC winner, pre contract after his 'trial' at LFC training ground. He will arrive in January I think.

No idea who this kid is but, according to Wiki he's scored 19 goals in 7 games for Mexico u-17's, that's insaaaane!

He's the "New Hernandez." Apparently.

Well he's going to be ****.. Not that a have anything against Hernandez it's just everytime some kid is dubbed the 'new' whatever they always turn out worse than Heskey.. Fingers crossed though!

Well he's going to be ****.. Not that a have anything against Hernandez it's just everytime some kid is dubbed the 'new' whatever they always turn out worse than Heskey.. Fingers crossed though!

Imagine somebody labelled the next Heskey then :P

Iv seen a few of his WC games, looks very promising, however im not going to pass judgement on him until his 20's :)

Back