The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Fack. Lots of rumours have been going round that Gerrard could be done. His injury isn't healing as the club would have liked and it isn't responding to the injections he's being given. Obviously, how true this is I don't know, but certainly wouldn't be good if it were true.

Fack. Lots of rumours have been going round that Gerrard could be done. His injury isn't healing as the club would have liked and it isn't responding to the injections he's being given. Obviously, how true this is I don't know, but certainly wouldn't be good if it were true.

Very sad day for football if true, great player. I doubt it is though, much like the Essien retiring rumours..

Very sad day for football if true, great player. I doubt it is though, much like the Essien retiring rumours..

I get your point but you can't really compare Gerrard to Essien :P

I know Stevie hasnt realy performed in the past 18 months to his usual standards but I cant see him retiring quite yet. He will want to see through the clubs upturn in fortunes and posibly get his hands on a PL medal before he retires. It would be a disaster if he retired.

Yeah, Stevie will retire when we win the Premier League tbh, or when he gets to about 35 - whichever comes first.

The rumours I've heard aren't a case of him choosing to, it's a case of him having to because he can't play on. Probably false mind as I can't remember where I saw it..

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Liverpool players will today wear black armbands during the friendly against Hull City as a mark of respect to those who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks in Norway on Friday.[/COLOR]

Liverpool Football Club has always enjoyed incredible support in Scandinavia, and Norway in particular, and the thoughts of everyone at the club are with the people of Norway and the relatives of those who lost their lives or were injured.
Managing Director Ian Ayre said: "Everyone at the football club was shocked to hear the news and see the television pictures coming out of Norway.
"Some of our most passionate fans are Norwegian and we count them as friends as well as supporters.
"The team is due to play in Norway on August 1. Ahead of that, we want our fans to know we are thinking of them at this terrible time."

The rumours I've heard aren't a case of him choosing to, it's a case of him having to because he can't play on. Probably false mind as I can't remember where I saw it..

2qspgxw.jpg

Sighsighsigh.

I expect Gerrard to do what is fashionable for ageing attacking midfielders nowadays and reinvent himself as a deep-lying 'quarterback' ala Scholes and Guti. I don't think his time has come just yet...

I expect Gerrard to do what is fashionable for ageing attacking midfielders nowadays and reinvent himself as a deep-lying 'quarterback' ala Scholes and Guti. I don't think his time has come just yet...

He'll need to get a better long range radar if he wants to do that

He'll need to get a better long range radar if he wants to do that

That is true, but it is also possible. The problem with Gerrard isn't his ability to play the long-range passes, it is as you said his 'radar'. That can be honed with experience in the role and trained restraint. Scholes, for example, only got better in his decisions and anticipation as he aged, part of the reason why he remained playing at the top level for so long. Top players can reinvent themselves like this, and Gerrard is a top player.

That is true, but it is also possible. The problem with Gerrard isn't his ability to play the long-range passes, it is as you said his 'radar'. That can be honed with experience in the role and trained restraint. Scholes, for example, only got better in his decisions and anticipation as he aged, part of the reason why he remained playing at the top level for so long. Top players can reinvent themselves like this, and Gerrard is a top player.

Even when younger, Scholes (and Guti's) decision making was very very good. Gerrard needs to still work on this. He is 31, after all.

Brady scored.. (Loan from ManUtd). Watched in crappy stream, couldn't catch goal properly.. Any good streams?

There was a discussion going on whether Aguero was a Liverpool fan, Lowe tweeted this after someone said he is a Liverpool fan..

sidlowe Sid Lowe
Aguero recently said he's not an Atletico fan and not a fan of anyone except Independient

We lost 3-0 to Hull.

Is anyone else slightly worried by the amount of goals we're conceding to terrible teams. I know it's pre-season, but it's hardly bodes well.

Back