The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
£5m ? Bull plop surely. However it wouldn't be the first time that Comolli has made a ludicrously low bid for a player if reports are to be believed.
More than likely but seeing as though he refuses to sign a new contract with Newcastle it wouldn't suprise me all that much.
I'm sure they'd rather sell him for 5mil than have him leave on a free at the end of the season.

[video=youtube;NFsz446Yp80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsz446Yp80[/video]

Re-watching old videos from the season that wasn't :( Went mental after that.

love last minute goals for Arsenal hate when they concede late goals

re: The AFC LFC game in April?

Re-watching old videos from the season that wasn't :( Went mental after that.
that season was great, not just because we won it but there were so many twists and turns, for instance ytou were on a high after that, then the next day we beat villa 3-2 with that macheda goal. what a season!

Big blow to Liverpool. Gerrard ruled out until September

Big blow to Liverpool. Gerrard ruled out until September

1.59 – In the 2010/11 Premier League season, Liverpool won more points/game without Gerrard (1.59) than they did with him (1.48). Injured.

Big blow, but not as big as you'd think.

1.59 – In the 2010/11 Premier League season, Liverpool won more points/game without Gerrard (1.59) than they did with him (1.48). Injured.

Interesting stat. Hope he's not on the decline as a player fitness wise. Even though he plays for our rivals, I like watching him on the pitch. Have a feeling this season could be very stop start for him

Last edited:

But he did miss the second half of the season - so the 1.48 pts/game WITH Gerrard, was probably also WITH Hodgson. Looks like Henderson will have to step up and adapt to Liverpool quickly though..

But he did miss the second half of the season - so the 1.48 pts/game WITH Gerrard, was probably also WITH Hodgson. Looks like Henderson will have to step up and adapt to Liverpool quickly though..

Personally i'd go with a Lucas/Adam pairing

Personally i'd go with a Lucas/Adam pairing

If they want a more like for like replacement, I'd definitely go for Henderson. He has that energy and drive, along with good passing ability and range to play that role IMO. I always thought Adam was a little over-rated, tbh. But surely it would be a midfield 3? So wouldn't Lucas play DM?

If they want a more like for like replacement, I'd definitely go for Henderson. He has that energy and drive, along with good passing ability and range to play that role IMO. I always thought Adam was a little over-rated, tbh. But surely it would be a midfield 3? So wouldn't Lucas play DM?

Adam gets about very well in all fairness, and tracks back a lot more than given credit for, and his passing range is definitely superior to Henderson. More like lopsided 4-4-2 than 3 man mid

Last edited:
Adam gets about very well in all fairness, and tracks back a lot more than given credit for, and his passing and range is definitely superior to Henderson. More like lopsided 4-4-2 than 3 man mid

Yeah his passing range is certainly superior. I think he's a good player, and will do well but always felt that he was a good player in a poor, very attacking team rather than potentially a top 4/5 player...

I've not really noticed Adam's mobility/energy, but Henderson certainly gets around the pitch... Both have a tendency - like Gerrard - to play hollywood passes too. I just think Henderson would be able to link up more efficiently with Suarez (assuming by lop-sided 4-4-2 you mean Suarez will be dropping back into an AMCish position a la Rooney)

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Suspicions confirmed:

@paul_tomkins

"LFC did fractionally better last season without Gerrard than with him, but most of the games he played were under Hodgson; just 5 under KD."

Back