The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah his passing range is certainly superior. I think he's a good player, and will do well but always felt that he was a good player in a poor, very attacking team rather than potentially a top 4/5 player...

I've not really noticed Adam's mobility/energy, but Henderson certainly gets around the pitch... Both have a tendency - like Gerrard - to play hollywood passes too. I just think Henderson would be able to link up more efficiently with Suarez (assuming by lop-sided 4-4-2 you mean Suarez will be dropping back into an AMCish position a la Rooney)

Its like watching berbatov, he covers lots of ground without looking like he is going anywhere. Adam would also be better at finding Carroll. Lopsided on the flanks, genuine wide left but slightly tucked in right, Suarez will drop deeper naturally anyway

Its like watching berbatov, he covers lots of ground without looking like he is going anywhere. Adam would also be better at finding Carroll. Lopsided on the flanks, genuine wide left but slightly tucked in right, Suarez will drop deeper naturally anyway

Fair enough. Again - spot on about Carroll, but then they've got Downing on the left to provide crosses. Not sure we'll agree here lol - I'd go for Henderson because I feel he's got more about him, but maybe I'm not being fair to Adam. Interesting for LFC nonetheless.

Fair enough. Again - spot on about Carroll, but then they've got Downing on the left to provide crosses. Not sure we'll agree here lol - I'd go for Henderson because I feel he's got more about him, but maybe I'm not being fair to Adam. Interesting for LFC nonetheless.

Lol in fairness maybe i'm doing the same with Henderson, personally very relieved we missed out on him

Any news on Liverpool entering Europa League instead of Birmingham? Is it going to happen or not?

(@alantkayll)"Liverpool City Council showed plans to Liverpool FC for a shared stadium
in Central Docks. Council leader is only interested in Evertons ftr" Twitter

I
'll cry

I really hope Gerrard retires from International football.

I fear he's in danger of retiring from professional football. :'(

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

(@alantkayll)"Liverpool City Council showed plans to Liverpool FC for a shared stadium
in Central Docks. Council leader is only interested in Evertons ftr" Twitter

I
'll cry

In his dreams.

Nope, its not that bad. Could be anything. He could've even caught the injury in his own pool or in his own bath. Give it time, he will be ok. If he loses a few yards of pace then ok, drop him back, let him be the playmaker and let Adam/Henderson go on.

Ground sharing has been discussed before. I doubt it will happen due to the rivalry, Both teams want their own stadium.

And about Gerrard. I know he will play some games next season but he is not going to play low priority games , He will be spared for the more important games to preserve him

Players that have travelled to Norway: Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Dirk Kuyt, Stewart Downing, Jay Spearing, Jamie Carragher, David Ngog, Pepe Reina, Charlie Adam, Raheem Sterling, Doni, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelley, Alberto Aquilani, John Flanagan, Stephen Sama

ESPN are showing it live at 6pm.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

R.I.P :(

Eight people died when a car bomb exploded at a government building in Oslo, while 69 were killed on Utoya Island.

The bouquet laid on behalf of the club joined the many thousands of other flowers that have been placed at Domkirke church - and it was an emotional moment for Ayre.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's very moving. I've just been talking to somebody about the parallels between this and Hillsborough - losing lots of people so needlessly and then seeing such an amazing tribute.

"Coming here to see this is very moving, but it's great to see all the people coming together. That's what happened back in our city in 1989.

"My personal reaction to seeing the news was bewilderment. You don't expect to see those sorts of things in life and it puts football into perspective. You expect it even less in Norway - such a friendly and pacified country.

"To see such a horrific event is very difficult for everyone here."

Liverpool enjoy ample support in Norway, and a sell-out crowd is expected when the Reds take on Valerenga in a pre-season friendly on Monday night.

Ayre added: "Norway is the biggest supporters' club of all our supporters' clubs around the world. We have lots and lots of their fans come to everyone of our games, home and away.

"When you come here, the support is staggering and you almost feel like you're in Liverpool somehow.

"As well as being fantastic supporters, most of them also seem to have mastered the accent!

"These flowers are from everyone at the club and everyone in the city, both Liverpudlians and Evertonians. One thing we learned in 1989 is that you need to all be together at these times."

flowers2018.jpg

flowers2017.jpg

flowers2012.jpg

flowers2013.jpg

flowers2007.jpg

flowers011.jpg

flowers201.jpg

Our Under 18's are on fire! I know it's only pre-season but 29 goals in 5 games is crazy!

Strong team for the friendly. Can't wait to see Downing, Adam and Henderson again. Hopefully, we play well and score a few. Great to have Pepe back in goal too.

It would also be nice to see Sterling get a run out and make an impact.

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Robinson, Henderson, Downing, Adam, Spearing, Kuyt, Carroll.

Subs: Doni, Ngog, Sama, Sterling, Flanagan, Aquilani, Shelvey, Kelly.

Last edited:
Hopfully Henderson and Downing start off well, looking forward to seeing if Aquilani can keep up his good work if he comes on.

Downing has started on the right hand side in this game and Kuyt is right up top with Carroll.. interesting.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Liverpool behind.. 1-0 Valerenga.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

2-0 Valerenga, Penalty. 18 mins gone. LFC crumbling...

Is anyone else getting a bit ****** off with losing friendlies. I know it is non-competitive but that is a strong team who should storm the Valerenga side. Its painful to watch.

Back