The Liverpool Thread

a720eacf-1792-441d-b518-b2de4ff6eab8.jpg

Something very sad to read on Liverpool reddit post. It has been verified that it is legit

I work for Liverpool Football Club in a number of different roles, one of which is at the tour and museum centre.I thought you would all like to know the feeling on the ground., in the first lockdown anfield tour centre staff were given an average wage by the club after the failed attempt at a furlough claim due to the negative press, this was very helpful as about 60 members of casual staff lost their income and could have been destitute without.
What do I mean by casual staff? the majority are casual staff at tour and museum, zero hour direct employees of Liverpool some of whom work 4-5 times a week spanning many years at the club, casual only in name and rights but often full time in commitment. this suits many of us as we are retiree's but some of the younger men and women rely solely on the club for income.
This is not an attack on the club but feel this context is important for what is happening at the moment.
what has happened in the last few weeks has been far worse, the club have started sending the shifts out on a daily basis with most people not receiving any at all.the feeling at the club is that the place should be closed due to lack of visitor numbers thanks to lockdown/covid anxiety but the club don't want to do that as they will have to compensate the staff again, they are instead left in limbo. it is unfortunately much more viable to reduce the shifts of most to zero and leave them to walk alone whilst this all blows over.
Some members of staff have set up an in house charity where we can drop off food and money for other members of staff to come in and receive no questions asked, this is crazy at a club like Liverpool .Many long term employee's using charities and claiming Universal credit (we all know how long that takes to come in) does not tide well with YNWA,
I have attached a couple of screenshots from the in house whatsapp messaging group to give you a feel for the problem, names and numbers blurred.
I am making an account here under a pseudonym to protect my self.
edit: reposted as a username was visible

https://preview.redd.it/teuuznvt5fv...bp&s=88eecc09441a0259837aeb946812ccbfd025d75a
https://preview.redd.it/4yo6atvt5fv...bp&s=73e683fa64afad1bf0894630486061129295eb31

Something very sad to read on Liverpool reddit post. It has been verified that it is legit
Wouldn't put it past FSG and after the furlough disaster. Zero hour contracts are a bane of modern society and a club of Liverpool's stature and what it means to the city as a whole to pull these tactics is distasteful, to say the least.

As frustrating as not being able to go the match is for us, missing boss trips like we’d have had last week to the Dam, it brings it home in even starker contrast for a little club like Midtiylland tonight.

On the biggest night by far in the club's short existence, the team and staff must be absolutely devoed to not get the full Anfield experience on a European night and the fans have had to miss a brilliant Euro away in one of the best City’s on the planet.

They'll still have the memories to like to dine out on the rest of their lives back home and stories to tell the Grandkids about how they once played at Anfield against the English and World Champions. But it's just gutting for them that the pandemic has robbed them of memories they'd probably never top.

Our CBs are dropping like flies atm! Hopefully nothing too serious for Fab.

Well that was ..... Dull. Typical tedium of a group game.

All credit to Midtjylland. Ridiculous work rate. Hard to see that last the full 90 though and as soon as legs start to go .....

Great opportunity for Rhys. For every negative and all that .....

Jurgen, Pep and co will box it HT and adjust. Quicken the pace second-half and we’ll be sound.

Our CBs are dropping like flies atm! Hopefully nothing too serious for Fab.

I would imagine we’ll drop Jordan back if there’s no Matip Sat’day tea-time mate.

Even more so now he’s gone off.

We’ll be sound. Always a solution.

Well that was ..... let’s be kind ..... an easily forgettable game of football. Just never got going.

Typical tedium of group play. A necessary Evil but a means to an end. Performances don’t matter a jot in the groups. Points are ALL that matter. And Kloppos Reds know how to find a way to get wins better than most any team in Europe.

That would be 3 clean-sheets out of 3 were it not for a B/S VAR decision since Virgil went down. This time with Rhys playing the majority. (And not putting a foot wrong again. Kudos to that young man.). Oh. Woe. US! *SPINNING eye roll.

Up the top the group Reds!

Last edited:
I knew taking a mooch around social media this morning would be a bad idea. We may as well forfeit the rest of our fixtures and be done with this season reading the amount of pre-pubescent, petulant schoolie hissy fits going on over injuries.

5 points clear at the top the league already (City are the ONLY threat I still see to retaining the title so they're the only club I'm looking at personally), and a game clear at the top of the CL group.

Oh woe us! What a F crisis we are in! *SPINNING eye roll.

No Antonio tomorrow thank god. Wasn't looking forward to him using our limited CB options as a battering ram for 90 mins.

No Antonio tomorrow thank god. Wasn't looking forward to him using our limited CB options as a battering ram for 90 mins.

Yanno' I'd of been sound if Rhys had been up against him mate.

A lot of people the last few days are completely neglecting the fact that Rhys was specifically sent out to the Conference North last year to toughen him up in a proper old school, 'black and blue' league where he was up against grown men fighting for their next appearance fee. A broken nose and doubtless loads of bruises later, he's come back looking a lot more bulked up and dominant physically.

No worries at all with him on the physical side of the game.