The Liverpool Thread

Picture perfect game of away European football. Even though it was on a ‘neautral’ venue.

After an excellent first half we controlled, the knock-out blow in the second with 2 away goals. None conceded. Which will have done Alisson’s confidence the World of good. With the added bonus of 20 mins rest for both Firmino and the superb Thiago before the Derby.

In a super team performance, shoutouts to both the aforementioned Thiago and the ever maturing Curtis Jones. They both ran the show from midfield. The Captain putting in another excellent shift at CH. Whilst invaluably talking Kabak through the game. Who had another promisimg outing.

When Mo tweeted that brilliant, rallying war cry the other day you just knew he meant business. Back to his best and leading from the front in an excellent display.

Really enjoyable game of fast paced, top level football through which RBL more than played their part. Still another very hard 90 mins to navigate against a really talented, attacking side. But we’ve set ourselves up very nicely at half-way.

Great start to Derby week.

Up the FAR from dead Reds!

Last edited:
Picture perfect game of away European football. Even though if it was on a ‘neautral’ venue.

After an excellent first half we controlled, the knock-out blow in the second with 2 away goals. None conceded. Which will have done Alisson’s confidence the World of good. With the added bonus of 20 mins rest for both Firmino and the superb Thiago before the Derby.

In a super team performance, shoutouts to both the aforementioned Thiago and the ever maturing Curtis Jones. They both ran the show from midfield. The Captain putting in another excellent shift at CH. Whilst invaluably talking Kabak through the game. Who had another promisimg outing.

When Mo tweeted that brilliant, rallying war cry the other day you just knew he meant business. Back to his best and leading from the front in an excellent display.

Really enjoyable game of fast paced, top level football through which RBL more than played their part. Still another very hard 90 mins to navigate against a really talented, attacking side. But we’ve set ourselves up very nicely at half-way.

Great start to Derby week.

Up the FAR from dead Reds!
Henderson is a better CB than a certain teams captain... All jokes aside I prefer him to Fabinho there for sure. Reads the game a million times better as sometimes Fabinho flys in like he is shielding the CB's instead of dropping off. Kabak was good aswell bit eager but I like what I see so far. My motm was Curtis Jones who is just so mature with his game its a joke.

Henderson is a better CB than a certain teams captain... All jokes aside I prefer him to Fabinho there for sure. Reads the game a million times better as sometimes Fabinho flys in like he is shielding the CB's instead of dropping off. Kabak was good aswell bit eager but I like what I see so far. My motm was Curtis Jones who is just so mature with his game its a joke.

Hendo picked the role pretty quick.

To be fair, the bang average Nat Phillips is a better defender than that aforementioned clown with the oversized head. And that isn't a joke.

The maturation of Curtis Jones this year has been brilliant to watch, hasn't it?

Said it before but there's no denying he's far more disciplined and mature having barely turned 20 than another local hero in midfield in the #8 shirt was at the same age. Which is phenomenal at this stage of his development and bodes excellently for the next decade.

One unexpected bonus from all the injuries this term is how it's expedited Curtis' growth when he was only looking at limited chances going in. But man has he grasped the extended chances he's gotten with both hands and then some.

To see him and Trent performing so well again tonight on the biggest stage of all ..... Doesn't get much better for a proud Liverpudlian.

Last edited:
Hendo picked the role pretty quick.
I thought he would struggle in the air but Hendo has always been good with his defensive headers. Prefer him to Fabinho at the back who is too rash for me. Looks good when he flys in and gets the ball but at CB you need to read the game better and that's what he the captain does very well.

I thought he would struggle in the air but Hendo has always been good with his defensive headers. Prefer him to Fabinho at the back who is too rash for me. Looks good when he flys in and gets the ball but at CB you need to read the game better and that's what he the captain does very well.

What injury crisis. Hendo to the rescue. :cool:

Right....
So Liverpool can win games during the injury crisis.

Why aren't they winning against PL teams?

;)

4yaxai.jpg

I think you're being really harsh on Fabinho mate.

He's arguably been our player of the year and outside of the rash peno he gave away against City, he’s barely put a foot wrong back there.

Last edited:
I think you're being really harsh on Fabinho mate.

He's arguably been our player of the year and outside of the rash peno he gave away against City, has barely put a foot wrong bac there.
I know it's harsh but you will notice stages in a match he will go for the high-risk option when defending and step out and try and win a ball he has no right to in a 1v1 with no cover (most of the time he will win it and you will be like wow). It just the way he plays and it works so well in midfield but it's a difference to Hendo who plays CB like you are watching a seasoned pro. Do you kind of get what I mean? it's two different styles but I prefer Hendo at the back as it's a less rash way of playing.

I know it's harsh but you will notice stages in a match he will go for the high-risk option when defending and step out and try and win a ball he has no right to in a 1v1 with no cover (most of the time he will win it and you will be like wow). It just the way he plays and it works so well in midfield but it's a difference to Hendo who plays CB like you are watching a seasoned pro. Do you kind of get what I mean? it's two different styles but I prefer Hendo at the back as it's a less rash way of playing.

I got what you meant the first post mate. I just thought ‘rash’ was a really harsh way of describing him when outside of City, he's been as good as any CH in the league this season.

An absolute testament to both Fabulous and Jordans football IQ and versatility being as CH is neither’s primary position.

I do however completely agree in leaving Jordan back there. He's been outstanding positionally/ reading the game as you noted. And his diags over the top have been van Dijk-esq. He's been the preverbal ‘Quarterback’ dictating our play back there.

And Fabinho back in midfield out of the two makes the most sense for the overall balance of the side. It pushes the press higher up. Not only in how he sets that in motion from deep. But in the way he pushes the starting position of the FB’s higher when he drops into the back line to make a three and split the CH’s wide as he does so well.

Our identity is far more apparent if Jordan stays back marshalling Kabak/ Davies whilst dictating play from back there like a certain #4. With well arguably the best high pressing 6 in World football back doing his thing. In turn allowing Thiago, Curtis etc to fully do theirs.

Last edited:

Fun, interesting zoom chat between Klopp and Nagelsmann,

1613642679447.jpeg

Those would be supper smart if true.

Fitting for one of Nike’s biggest names in their stable to wear aye ..... ?

Last edited: