The Liverpool Thread

Home finally. **** happens. And that was pretty ****. Still don't know how we lost that but if you don't take your chances, that's what happens. Said before the game, as utter S as Utd are, and I don't think the gap has ever been as great in our favour in my lifetime, it's still us and them. And we've known for decades how they raise it in their cup final. (See the '80's and only 3 L'pool wins all comps all decade.). This game is the biggest rivalry in World football bar none and the form book goes out of the window. Fair F's to Utd though regardless. We'd be milking it if we'd just saved our season and ended their quest for a historic quadruple, so they deserve to do the same.

A few thoughts whilst they are fresh in my mind-

Will Utd now get F by the FA for the incessant tragedy chanting now that's an offense? I mean the poverty/ unemployment slurs are what they are. But, and not that this would have excused it, there wasn't one mention of '58 to bring forth the torrent of 'Murderers! Murderers!' and 'Always the victims ..... ' Utd need to do their jobs and ban the perps. The FA need to do theirs and hit Utd hard. GMP need to be on the case too if they are to be true to their word and stamp this out.

This S needs to STOP!

Seeing a load of SM narking at both Klopp and Gakpo. Which is as asinine as it gets. Salah has been out for the vast majority of the last three months so it's no surprise he can't go the distance in a game like that. Gakpo has played his major part in this fantastic season. He had a S day at the office. It happens. It doesn't make him a bad footballer. People need to get a grip of actual football reality and accept that off days happen and you can't win every game. As frustrating as losing to them is. The players lost the game today through bad decisions in front of goal. Nothing to do with the manager's tactics or subs. We outplayed them for the majority. But again, you don't take your chances, you get what you deserve. No good being the games dominant side of you do F all with it.

The only positives from today id the Fulham game is now a weekend and not another Wednesday off work travelling to London and back. Whilst City will have another game to fit in late on as they are in the semi. And as much as I'd rather be going to Wembley twice more, I won't lie that the money saved is really helpful as I'm running on fumes right now with the amount of games this season.

S day at the office. Wasteful L'pool got exactly what they deserved. Nothing. That's football. S happens.

Now we get to rest up and get more back for Brighton.

You'll be seeing us again Utd for another mammoth game in a few weeks we can not afford to not win. Hopefully minus the absolute low life gobshites who think it's still funny and acceptable to chant about death.

Only one thing for it. Let's go win a league.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Carra can go **** himself with his Gakpo tweet. Yes, he's in horrendous form and dropped a 0/10 when he came on but **** you a supposed fan and laying into him when you know what it means.

17 goal involvements from him this season. The 3d highest in the squad. (4th highest goal scorer.). Playing across multiple positions.

Short memoried *****.

I still find it staggering that there’s barely a mention of any of the tragedy chanting, which the Home Office upgraded to a criminal offence that can incur a custodial sentence last year, in the mainstream media.

Instead, the headline news being about Klopp not taking a last minute loss to our biggest rivals well, and twisting his words as per. As opposed to the news being about the thousands of people joining in with the tragedy chanting.

Somethings PROPER F up there.

Predictably F up. But F up all the same.

Just looking at the high boot from McAllister on Maguire.

No concern from Klopp that "Maguire could have been killed" :ROFLMAO:

20240319_070305~2.jpg

20240319_070158.jpg

Ben Jacobs

@JacobsBen

·
Although Richard Hughes won’t start until the end of the season, he’ll still lead on replacing Jurgen Klopp before then. Bournemouth aware of this and it’s agreed between the clubs. All parties fully transparent. Xabi Alonso, Ruben Amorim and Roberto De Zerbi all candidates.
🔴

Really enjoying reading views on Hughes. Not read one bad word about him from anyone he’s worked with.

But the mere fact Michael Edwards headhunted him is the only recommendation/ info needed to know he’s a top bloke who’ll do us sound.

That Fulham KO will make Euston great ‘fun’ the Sunday night given Utd play their semi-final the same afternoon. 🤦‍♂️

They seriously haven’t got a clue.

*Edit* Oh, its the London Marathon too that Sunday as well. The train carnage just gets better and better. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
His views on Arsenal going to the wire not withstanding (I personally don’t see them finishing within 8/9 points of City and L’pool), Goldbridge continues to absolutely kill it on the cheats and VAR potentially deciding the title race.

Proper mad how a Utd fan has been the one vocal, voice of reason in standing up to this B/S ever since the historically abysmal ‘Spurs disgrace.