The Liverpool Thread

*Sings ’Jari, Oh Jari, Jari, Oh Jari, Jari, Oh Jari Lit-man- en! Hey!……’

I could make a salient case for him being in the discussion of the best European players of all time. Dream of a footballer.

Never forget when we signed him. Thursday night. I was at the shop. Moby goes with a mate saying ’Get home and get on Sky lad. You won’t believe who’ve we’ve signed …… Jari F Litmanen!’ Got some funny looks the Asda with my shriek of joy I can tell yer haha. The other vivid memory was the following Sat’day morning before the Cup tie that another new signing, Igor Biscan, got sent off in on his debut. Forget the lower league opposition. Rochdale maybe? Side note- Biscan who was the best player by a Country mile the knockout run to Istanbul with Gerrard and Alonso out through most of it. Mad how Gerrard got UEFA’s player of the European season in ‘05 down to sentiment over the final but I digress ….. Anyway, I was down the ground early as our LC semi tickets hadn’t turned up. Sorted them. Walked up the arl Main Stand. And there’s Jari. Signing a few autographs. And this fella’, trying to be funny, walking past goes ‘They all say they’re Reds when they sign. Bet he couldn’t name the ‘84 European Cup side:’ ….. And the stoic Finn looks up, without missing a beat, and reals off the full XI AND subs! Then continued signing things. 🤣

Not often you get to live your dream. Sven did Sat’day. And Jari did his brief spell here. Such a shame his knees were shot by that point but he still left behind some wonderful memories of a bona fide, World Class, all time football legend playing for the mighty Reds.

Who just happens to be a genuine, boyhood fan and one of our own.

Regardless of how the last 10 goes, its been an absolutely phenomenal effort to still be in serious contention for 3 of the 4 competitions we entered this season.

Not had a fully fit first-team squad in any game this season.

Pretty sure even City could not have coped with our injury list and still competed for everything,

Won’t stop the B/S, but great to have that from Joyce.

Been beyond tedious the daily Alonso B/S when we have two more things to hopefully win under Jurgen.

Joyce seems to think Amorim is the top candidate.

Ornstien also thinks the same.
Gutted ngl as Alonso is the standout candidate after just watching the conference confirming his decision. He wants the Madrid job imo after a year waiting for Carlo and if he doesn't want the Liverpool job then he can get ******. Rather have someone who sees as the pinnacle then a stepping stone.

Gutted ngl as Alonso is the standout candidate after just watching the conference confirming his decision. He wants the Madrid job imo after a year waiting for Carlo and if he doesn't want the Liverpool job then he can get ******. Rather have someone who sees as the pinnacle then a stepping stone.
Yeah get that impression about Madrid.

Mark of the man who is actually our manager at the ONLY time that matters.

Right here. Right now!

His boss, heartfelt response to a young lad suffering with anxiety-

1711732711284.png

Last edited:
Nice, crisp morning for the big, final push to what we've been grafting toward since the first day of pre-season. # 20.

'The Big 10' starts here. This is where the serious S starts. Performances don't matter a jot. It's ALL about the result and matching what City do. I'll happily take 10 dog of a games if it leaves us ahead of the only other team in this race who have the proven previous, like ourselves, to handle the business end of the year and take it to the final day.

City always were and always have been our business. And to that end, I sincerely hope Arsenal shock them this tea-time and take all 3 points from the Ethiad. A 4 point, 2 game lead over the cheats with 9 to play would be seismic.

But first to continue our ridiculous Anfield run and put Brighton's mid-table mediocrity to bed. Take care of our business and the title will take care of itself.

The Big 10. Here we go .....

Straight into these soft Southern blerts Redmen!

Like Scouse said its all about the result now. Dont care how we get it done or everyone has a stinker. Just win out. Perfect evening results too with the other two playing out a draw.

Fantastic way to start ‘The Big 10’ final push. Beating one of the hardest opponents we play every season to start this pivotal week off in style as we build up to the mammoth game against them next Sunday avvy.

Longer than usual missive for anyone that cares for my thoughts-

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
20 wins down/ 9 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
67 points down/ 26 to go.

Klopp Farewell Tour:
14 games down/ 14 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
P 14 W 11 D 1 L 2 F 43 A 17 CS: 3

1 trophy down/ 2 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 6 W 5 D 1 F 15 A 5 CS: 1

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 27 W 21 D 6 F 68 A 23 CS: 11

I say this every time we play them. And why I thought the point down there was an excellent one gained in context when many were losing their heads at the mistakes made to let Brighton back in for a draw. Albion are one of the hardest sides we play. As they are so unorthodox in what they do they take you out of your comfort zone, make you constantly think as they swarm at you, often over loading from mad positions. With constantly rotating mad formations through the game as they seamlessly ebb and flow to what the game gives them. Breaking on you as fast as any side in the league. And they never, ever, stop grafting.

There's been a load of disingenuous, and frankly highly insulting, nonsense of late on-line/ across SM, comparing De Zerbi to Rodgers. When, in actual reality, he’s taken the wonderful groundwork Potter put in place down there on a whole other level. The biggest compliment you can give him, is he set’s his team up in such an unorthodox manner, that they force us to change the way we set up and play to combat it. All on a minuscule budget. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t personally want him following Jurgen. But that's down to his character. I just don’t think, from listening to him, he’d get us and what makes us click. And he’d say something that would rub us up the wrong the way. I don’t like the way he’s currently talking about his current employers and keeping options open/ looking for a bigger project et al. Very disingenuous of him. But make NO mistake. He’s one heck of good, innovative football coach and his teams are a joy to watch. I mischievously called them mid-table mediocrity in the build up. But that’s being unkind on them and the brand of football they produce.

I thought they were excellent yesterday in a proper game of football that was a proper examination of our title credentials. If they work as hard, and play as honest as that against Arsenal and City at home, they could well take points off the pair. They patently targeted Bradley and Quansah first-half. And it was fascinating to see L’pool's response. You want to try tempt us into a trap by using Connor as the out ball when you press and overload that side? Sound. We won’t give him the ball. You want to pick on Jarell? Sound. We’ll drop Endo in and split the centre-halves, retaining possession and being far more patient in our approach playing out. Waiting for the best player by a Country mile on the pitch, Mac Allister, to pick our openings as he completely run the game the longer it went. They force us to really think about what we do and change our whole approach. It’s a proper game against Brighton which is to them and their managers credit. The way they broke first half and were on our box within three passes was City-esq. Really fun, exciting side to watch.

But then so are we. And we happen to have one of the best players of all time, in any era, in our ranks. Who missed a glut of chances. Gave the ball away for Brighton's excellent opener. Buy never hid. Never stopped working and getting into positions. Never let Brighton rest. And then he pops up with an outstanding winner to take all the points yet again. THATS why you never lose faith in Salah and why you NEVER take him off. (Lessoned learned from Utd. Although fitness was a natural issue there.). He just produces like very few ever have. That Mac Allister/ Salah combo yesterday was the game changer and a joy to behold. When Mo has his shooting boots on, all the best holding him back.

Shout out to Kelleher too. That was an outstanding save to box the win after he’d had nothing to do all game. He’s been ridiculous in Alisson’s absence and will justifiably feel he’s played a major part in bringing #20 home if this ends how we so crave.

And a big pat on the back to us. Far from getting nervy after Brighton's opener and Mo’s missed chances, nobody panicked and the atmosphere was a belter. As it has to be as we are only doing this together. So enjoyable being at the game when we’re all together as one.

Really enjoyable game of football and a PROPER test passed.

The less said about the refs jaw dropping incompetence the better. I could write a book on his ineptness yesterday but he doesn’t deserve the effort.

‘The Big 10’ now becomes ‘The Big 9’ as we move on to the next battle Thursday.

Man is it super exciting aye? And, as much as I’d still have liked an Arsenal win and a 2 game lead over City, an excellent result for us nonetheless with the draw between them and our own destiny firmly back in our own hands.

Can’t ask for any more than that.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Long, but brilliant insight into a picture perfectly run football club.

Regardless of who follows Jurgen, the clubs never been in better hands, at every level, for sustained success.