The Magic Rectangle l 4-2-2-2 l Brazil's Samba Football :::by ARTISAN::: 14.3

• Thread starter Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 860
  • Views Views 429K
Just got to January the 1st in my new save as Newcastle... I'm 5 points clear at the top and doing very well indeed.

No major signings of any note - Anita & Poulsen (ex Liverpool) are both injured long term so I picked up Baird on a free transfer, to give you an idea how much I'm over-performing.

Incredible, incredible tactic!

(I'm using the original - with set pieces tweaked by Nezza - thanks to both!)

Hey Artisan, just wanted to say; I've tested pretty much all tactic on this website, throughout a 20-30 game period and there are good ones and bad ones! not only is yours really good but its also a reincarnation of Brazil's glory years! so i give you double credit for that. Ive never had a combination of such solid defense and amazing attack; you get so many ccc and woodwork hits but with this you get loads of goals, others have created tactics that have lots of ccc but still don't score goals!? this tactic will give you solid defense and lots of possession, ccc,woodwork hits and GOALS!

Guys out there i do have to say TEST THE TACTICS OVER A 20-30 GAME PERIOD! 1-5 GAMES ISN'T ENOUGH AT ALL! NOT ONLY DOES IT NEED TO BE 100% FLUID BUT THE TEAM COHESIVENESS HAS TO BE TOP NOTCH TOO!

Hey Artisan, just wanted to say; I've tested pretty much all tactic on this website, throughout a 20-30 game period and there are good ones and bad ones! not only is yours really good but its also a reincarnation of Brazil's glory years! so i give you double credit for that. Ive never had a combination of such solid defense and amazing attack; you get so many ccc and woodwork hits but with this you get loads of goals, others have created tactics that have lots of ccc but still don't score goals!? this tactic will give you solid defense and lots of possession, ccc,woodwork hits and GOALS!

Guys out there i do have to say TEST THE TACTICS OVER A 20-30 GAME PERIOD! 1-5 GAMES ISN'T ENOUGH AT ALL! NOT ONLY DOES IT NEED TO BE 100% FLUID BUT THE TEAM COHESIVENESS HAS TO BE TOP NOTCH TOO!

Thank you for your kind words sir

just wondering artisan? Ive only ever done 1 season on this as Ive spent most of my time as a tactic tester :)
who do you recommend as top future stars on FM 14? preferably DM'S? or LB/RB?

just wondering artisan? Ive only ever done 1 season on this as Ive spent most of my time as a tactic tester :)
who do you recommend as top future stars on FM 14? preferably DM'S? or LB/RB?

Off the top of my head

DMs : Lucas Romero,
LB: Luke Shaw, Ben Davies
RB: Gino Perruzzi (spelling*), Nathaniel Clyne, Danilo

Cnt think of anymore. I usually just google the position i wnt n find players

Where is the version with set-pieces tweaked by Nezza? Can only find original and jassar's tweak in OP

Have not added nezza set pieces. You will need to add those urself. I will update tactics later

Had a pretty injury hit world cup, but still managed to win it. Missed a penalty against Spain as well. Dominated Germany. Scored in the 86th minute in the final.

0MhTUFv.png

Had a pretty injury hit world cup, but still managed to win it. Missed a penalty against Spain as well. Dominated Germany. Scored in the 86th minute in the final.
Great performances. I actually neglected testinh the tactic with Brazil the team the tactic is based on lol. Thanks for the screenie. Beating Germany 5-1 is great. Plus nice defensive record. I might try to tweak it a bit to improve goal scoring

Anyone got a link to Nezza's set-piece setup so I can have a looksy?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ing-corners-14-3-new-set-piece-potential.html

Great performances. I actually neglected testinh the tactic with Brazil the team the tactic is based on lol. Thanks for the screenie. Beating Germany 5-1 is great. Plus nice defensive record. I might try to tweak it a bit to improve goal scoring

I made chances in all the games. Poor finishing cost me against Nigeria in the group game. The Brazil squad is lacking in some areas. Fred, Damiao and Jo aren't really world class strikers. Played Neymar upfront, even though he's not natural in that position. Marcelo missed most of the tournament, Jo missed it all, and Damiao and Fred both missed matches due to injury. Oh and my first choice centre back Dede missed the later stages. Overall though, very impressed with the tactic.

iv'e played a few top teams in friendly games and dominated them and what I have notice is iv'e played against a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-4-2 and with this tactic being a narrow tactic you would expect the opposition to exploit the flanks but for some reason this tactic seems to do much better against these styles of tactics.

Artisan I think you have developed a tactic to go against all styles of tactics and it's probably more consistence tactic around and could use this for many season without chopping or changing every season :)

Off the top of my head

DMs : Lucas Romero,
LB: Luke Shaw, Ben Davies
RB: Gino Perruzzi (spelling*), Nathaniel Clyne, Danilo

Cnt think of anymore. I usually just google the position i wnt n find players

Thanks.

Back