The Magic Rectangle l 4-2-2-2 l Brazil's Samba Football :::by ARTISAN::: 14.3

• Thread starter Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 860
  • Views Views 429K
Yeah, I had an idea what I wanted preseason - I envisaged a different set-up and he didn't fit in. My one regret!

Used this tactic with Everton 1st year won the Capital one cup the FA Cup and finished 3rd in the Prem using the tweaked version of this fantastic tactic I would recommend anyone to use this tactic if I can work out how to put up screen shots I will do so.

hey how long would you say it would be realistic to be aiming for top 4 finish with Southampton... in my third season and im still trying this tactic and nothing phenomenal has been achieved as of yet in terms of winning any trophies, BUT and this a very big BUT... i am proud to announce i have finally managed to smash Manchester united in the third season! ^^)

and another thing i have realised with this patch there are many many many injuries which are a pain in the *** like seriously!

Well, I am in my first season with Saints - and indeed in the game and am 15 points clear with 7 games to go. I've won the Carling Cup and am in the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup. All is possible!

ooh another thing that i havent quite managed to understand is how on my save stoke and norwich are flourishing and they have **** squads it just doesnt make sense to me because if si say that every opposition is the same in the match engine then thats just mind boggling... ive been thinking about fm 14 and how it works is it fair to assume that fm 14 has been coded to function on probability because i just cant fathom how the game manages to provide so many games where you have so many shots and ccc's but yet still fail to score and then your opposition has one and then boom GOAL! it just really is wow and please dont tell me oh it happens in real life because i can guarantee you now that it does happen but not this often... i mean look at chelsea because that's the best example for this. look at when they played west ham and they were frustrated football manager style it was 30+ shots and still no goals scored but if you look at the season from then till now that hasnt happened again... in fm 14 it seems that the game is set out in away that you rarely achieve more than 6 games unbeaten even if you are a big team. i have seen some people achieve this but it doesnt make sense that one person can use the same tactic as you and have relatively the same squad with a similar approach and yet still find it difficult to achieve as good results as the other person. i have been so close to rage quitting the game but im hanging on... this relation between man and football manager really is a love hate relationship... which is amazing!

Well, I am in my first season with Saints - and indeed in the game and am 15 points clear with 7 games to go. I've won the Carling Cup and am in the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup. All is possible!
What tactic are you using

Finally got back to this.

Half season with Arsenal, 1st so far with original Magic Box with Nezza corners:

View attachment 401115 View attachment 401113

Strikers: Walcott, Vela, Giroud, Podolski, Sanogo
AM: Ozil, Ramsay, Wilshere, Rosicky
DM: Schneiderlin, Gonalons, Flamini, Kallstrom
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna
RB: Danilo, Sagna, Jenkinson
LB: Gibbs. Monreal

Somehow Giroud is a beast in this formation. Really didn't want to play him but he earned it. Still want to sell him and get better for next year.

Stats:
View attachment 401105

Last edited:
ooh another thing that i havent quite managed to understand is how on my save stoke and norwich are flourishing and they have **** squads it just doesnt make sense to me

My Ipswich team breezed through everyone in the Premier League with the default team they had with the only loss to Chelsea in Capital One Cup Semi-Final - I noticed that my defenders and one striker did all the goals half a season, then somehow the second half my midfielder scored more or less all the goals other than penalty/freekick goals.

Somehow Giroud is a beast in this formation. Really didn't want to play him but he earned it. Still want to sell him and get better for next year.

Same happened for me when I played as Arsenal, he was the top goal scorer of the season too.

Finally got back to this.

Half season with Arsenal, 1st so far with original Magic Box with Nezza corners:

View attachment 541596 View attachment 541599

Strikers: Walcott, Vela, Giroud, Podolski, Sanogo
AM: Ozil, Ramsay, Wilshere, Rosicky
DM: Schneiderlin, Gonalons, Flamini, Kallstrom
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna
RB: Danilo, Sagna, Jenkinson
LB: Gibbs. Monreal

Stats:
View attachment 541619

which skin do u use? :)

I've attached my tweaked version which has led to great success with Southampton in my first season, despite being bullish and selling off some top players. The only real change, which I've found does the business is changing the right DM to a DLP. I find it leads to more chances created. I've changed the player instructions for this position to only 'More Direct Passes.'

I use 'Counter' as a strategy away against on form teams with particularly strong players.

Transfers:

View attachment 541339

Results Selection:

View attachment 541341

Table as it stands:

View attachment 541342

Player Stats table:

View attachment 541345

Let me know your thoughts. Many thanks to the creator and Nezza for pointing the way!
your results are inspirational... how have you managed it

hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey i think i have hit gold!!!

how do you upload an image on here?
i want to show you all!!!
30 minutes into my game against the 4th team in the league and i am 5-0 up oh my god seriously this is the best thing that has happened in my fm14 career

Back