The Magic Rectangle l 4-2-2-2 l Brazil's Samba Football :::by ARTISAN::: 14.3

I'm thinking about to start with FCPorto, which tactic do you guys think it would work? I see too many downloads in the OP.
Some help would be appreciated
Cheers :)

Haiz, 3rd season as Swansea failed. Signed Ter Stegen for free and Papadolous for 20m. After 18 games I'm 9th position in the league. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Already quitted and deleted the save.

Brilliant tactic, using the original mainly with changing from counter and control depending upon opponents and Jassar for the 'big' team with Southampton with brilliant results in the league

P17 W13 D2 L2
Position 1st
Notable Results -
Southampton 2-0 Arsenal
Southampton 4-0 Manchester United
Man City 2-2 Southampton

All this achieved with only signing Strandberg (who hasn't played) and J. Pereira (ST)

I'm also using the original tactic. Great results. Just won Italian Serie A with Udinese on my second season (after winning Copa TIM on my first one)! Gabbiadini and Di Natale are great strikers! Gabriel Silva is an outstanding winger, declined a 12M euros offer from FC Porto ;) Training: Balanced - average / tactics only. Def. set pieces doesn't seem to work very well. Do you guys have a trick for defending corners? I'm using nezza6969 set pieces but still conceding too much. Attacking corners are awesome though!

Champions League will be very hard though. Barca and PSG are in my group :(

Great work Artisan, thank you very much!

Hello!
Thanks for the tactic, it gives my Liverpool side great results. I'm using both original tactic and Thedude1979 tweak. I have some issues though.
1. Both DMs get somewhat low ratings. I've read this thread a little and someone said that DMs play brilliantly. Not in my case.
2. BOTH strikers (except for Suarez) get low ratings, too and rarely score. Even Sturridge. I tried changing roles for those strikers, but it didn't help. The majority of my team's goals are scored by AMs and Suarez. I'd like to see Sturridge and my other strikers to score more frequently. So if anyone have any advice on this matter, it would be very appreciated :)
In the meantime I'm going to read the whole thread to see if I can find any answers.

Last edited:
****... i cant wait! really looking forward to this new tac. anyone know how the pregress is going?

What is Klopp tactic ? For play the small teams what is the best version of the magic rectangle ? thanks

Last edited:
Which of the tweaks has worked best then? Interested in using this with Porto :)

Which of the tweaks has worked best then? Interested in using this with Porto :)

I am using the dudes tweak when favorite (sometimes I change mentality to Control), and for harder games I use artisan tweak.

Some great results there

ok I MIGHT have some time to play FM again soon - havent played a single minute since December! - and MAYBE even reprise my san marino story! Being the lazy a$$ that I've become I don't really feel like creating new tactics and discovering the new ME at this point so...

... this tactic looks both entertaining AND successful, I can see myself settling with this one! a couple of questions: I won't ask which one is the 'better' version, but do you think going with the original/counter version for away/tough games while using the offensive tweak for home/easy matches might be a good idea? Or you suggest sticking with one version all season? Also, what's the more solid setup for set pieces in your experience? I absolutely HATE conceding from corners...

Any advice appreciated :)

Last edited:
ok I MIGHT have some time to play FM again soon - havent played a single minute since December! - and MAYBE even reprise my san marino story! Being the lazy a$$ that I've become I don't really feel like creating new tactics and discovering the new ME at this point so...

... this tactic looks both entertaining AND successful, I can see myself settling with this one! a couple of questions: I won't ask which one is the 'better' version, but do you think going with the original/counter version for away/tough games while using the offensive tweak for home/easy matches might be a good idea? Or you suggest sticking with one version all season? Also, what's the more solid setup for set pieces in your experience? I absolutely HATE conceding from corners...

Any advice appreciated :)

Yes your choice of what tactics to use is good as that has gotten the most success.Original and Thedude. My original tactic is very good at defending corners but Jassars is best at attacking corners. So you might need to import settings. I will change the tactics to have the best setpieces. Hope you have success

What is Klopp tactic ? For play the small teams what is the best version of the magic rectangle ? thanks

Jurgen Klopp tactic is the next tactic that was voted for me to recreate. It is the tactic used by Borussia Dortmund