The Magic Rectangle l 4-2-2-2 l Brazil's Samba Football :::by ARTISAN::: 14.3

I know they are different tactics .. but i have to ask anyway .. do u think the new gegen tactic is better overall than this one?

Difficult to say. I would think magic rectangle is a better overall tactic as it works with both small and big teams the same way. Gengen is better suited to top to mid table teams but plays really well when it works. The pressing style of play is really fun to watch when I play it. So i think Rectangle is better but Gengen is much more fun to play with

Last edited:
large master tactics, great results ..
I have seen a lot of people here talk about the ORIGINAL tactical, tactical what is this? Someone can tell me? Thanks again to the creators

large master tactics, great results ..
I have seen a lot of people here talk about the ORIGINAL tactical, tactical what is this? Someone can tell me? Thanks again to the creators

There are different tweaked tactics in the original post. Have a quick read of it. It is all explained :)

Magic Box by Artisan.tac is the original tactical ? In your opinion which of the 4 TACTICs that the OI are the best?

Last edited:
Magic Box by Artisan.tac is the original tactical ? In your opinion which of the 4 TACTICs that the OI are the best?

Yes Magic box by Artisan is the original. Most people have the best success using the original against strong teams and Thedude against weak teams. Hope that answered your question :)

yes thank you very much :)
I can import the songs from the original defensive and offensive tactic of Jassar? to thedude tactic? Would you be good?

yes thank you very much :)
I can import the songs from the original defensive and offensive tactic of Jassar? to thedude tactic? Would you be good?

Yes you can do that. That will work

Yes your choice of what tactics to use is good as that has gotten the most success.Original and Thedude. My original tactic is very good at defending corners but Jassars is best at attacking corners. So you might need to import settings. I will change the tactics to have the best setpieces. Hope you have success

thanks a lot.

another question: would you rather use right footed players at the left AMC and ST positions (and viceversa), or right foot on right side etc? Do you think it would make any difference, ie more/less through balls, better/worse spacing, more/less width. I ask because my team is currently loaded with left footed attackers - not really my choice, my youth setup seems to love those lefties...

thanks a lot.

another question: would you rather use right footed players at the left AMC and ST positions (and viceversa), or right foot on right side etc? Do you think it would make any difference, ie more/less through balls, better/worse spacing, more/less width. I ask because my team is currently loaded with left footed attackers - not really my choice, my youth setup seems to love those lefties...

I would prefer left footer on the left side and right footers on the right side as they will both be running to their corresponding flanks. This is not very important though

I would prefer left footer on the left side and right footers on the right side as they will both be running to their corresponding flanks. This is not very important though

thanks.

I'll start playing some FM tomorrow for the first time since last december, love the idea of this vintage Brazil tactic :)

Going to bed people and will be visiting a friend over the weekend so replies will not be immediate till I get back on sunday. Will try my best to answer but replies will be slower. Most of the info you need is in the OP :) :wub: (A)

Hey, Artisan. I really like your tactics, I believe that as time goes on, your 4222 will prove to be the best tactic 14.30. I'm playing with friends online FM, before I use your 4222, but now he also followed with a. So, I want to change my tactics. Next to try is your new tactics Jurgen Klopp's Gengen. I've tried a lot of tactics and formation. I am doing is the road test (home and away teams are my control, 4222 is always at home., Like morale, well-balanced team strength). However, so far not been able to find with your 4222 evenly matched (even if it is close to a draw) tactics that can (on the road). Artisan, in this respect what you give me some suggestions for me, ha ha, blame your 4222 do too good, like nezza6969 say (I think if all these great tactics were tested against each other I think Artisan will top them all), I do not speak English, English is Google translate, I hope you can understand Artisan. If you have time left me some advice. I am very grateful.^^)

Hey, Artisan. I really like your tactics, I believe that as time goes on, your 4222 will prove to be the best tactic 14.30. I'm playing with friends online FM, before I use your 4222, but now he also followed with a. So, I want to change my tactics. Next to try is your new tactics Jurgen Klopp's Gengen. I've tried a lot of tactics and formation. I am doing is the road test (home and away teams are my control, 4222 is always at home., Like morale, well-balanced team strength). However, so far not been able to find with your 4222 evenly matched (even if it is close to a draw) tactics that can (on the road). Artisan, in this respect what you give me some suggestions for me, ha ha, blame your 4222 do too good, like nezza6969 say (I think if all these great tactics were tested against each other I think Artisan will top them all), I do not speak English, English is Google translate, I hope you can understand Artisan. If you have time left me some advice. I am very grateful.^^)

Did not quite understand most of that m8

Artisan can you tell me which of your tactics and more effective?

sorry for my english

View attachment 389962View attachment 389961View attachment 389960

My favourite tactic for football manager 2014 so far! always struggled with liverpool on this seasons game trying to replicate their real life success this year.

Few questions, do you still play attacking against the top teams? struggling to beat the big boys. Also how would you recommend seeing out the game? on a few occasions I've been two nil up and the other team has come back and drawn the game, gets annoying! tried changing to counter attack and also control once I take the lead but that doesn't seem to be solving the problem. Should I maybe use the original version of this tactic in those situations?