The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Its only well run because of Levy, Harry buy players he does'nt need and sells players he does lol. Give you a few examples, Bentley a high earner still at the club, Pienaar was bought just this year and was loaned out the same year back to his previous club. Bought Kranjacar from his former bankrupt club pompey for a cut price same as Defoe & Crouch where Harry played a laege part in Pompeys down fall along with Manadaric who refused to say 'NO' to Harry buying players. Harry spends big most season and its like 50/50 who plays regular. Anyway I am one of a few that thinks that dodgy tax man who names an over seas acount in his dogs name is over rated!!!

Its only well run because of Levy, Harry buy players he does'nt need and sells players he does lol. Give you a few examples, Bentley a high earner still at the club, Pienaar was bought just this year and was loaned out the same year back to his previous club. Bought Kranjacar from his former bankrupt club pompey for a cut price same as Defoe & Crouch where Harry played a laege part in Pompeys down fall along with Manadaric who refused to say 'NO' to Harry buying players. Harry spends big most season and its like 50/50 who plays regular. Anyway I am one of a few that thinks that dodgy tax man who names an over seas acount in his dogs name is over rated!!!

Nobody cares. Also, off topic and entirely moot.

Point is, City are going to find it extremely hard to sell off players with high wages that are either ageing (Toure) not good enough for their wages (Santa Cruz, Savic, Bridge, Johnson arguably even Adebayor) or unlikely to want to take a wage cut (Balotelli, Tevez).

And I agree totally, most I might add was no thanks to Mr Hughes who proved he cant make the grade at top level football.

Edit: The point I was trying to make in my orginal ppoint about the 20-50k wage cut was why dont players do it it is just a figure what every these kind of players end up on will still leave them a multi millionair come the end of a just 1 year lol I am not Naive enough to think they think the same I just think its more of a status thing on how much they earn rather than the money side of things.

Like you here it on the press when key playser demand to be the highest paid player at the club regardless of how much that is. It is kinder of different when aging football player e.g Eto, Anelka and Drogba want to go to not so established football legaues there goal is to go there to earn as much as they possibly can for the sacrifice of not playing at the highest level in football.

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just bought my season ticket for next sesaon get in !!

What a birthday present. Roberto Mancini signs a 5 year contract at Mnchester City. Great news for everyone connected with city.

Hmmm. Wonder if he would have been offered that contract had Aguero not scored that goal against QPR? Anyway good news for City, it would have been a mistake to sack him IMO.

I wonder how much he's earning now, Russia were willing to pay him £35M to take over...

Think I'm a city fan now haha. Never supported a team as much as I did on the final day the league, apart from Liverpool ofcourse.

Condolences go out to former City player Claudio Reyna and his family who's 13 year old son died of cancer today.

Eat a **** Sheik, for taking Javi Garcia from us.

Bumping this thread as it's hardly used.

Fascinating line-ups from tonight at the Bernabeau:

MCFC: Hart; Maicon, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy; Javi Garcia, Barry; Nasri, Yaya Toure, Silva; Tevez.
RMFC: Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo; Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Essien; Di Mar?a, Cristiano, Higua?n

So Mourinho, at home, dropping his club vice captain (Ramos) and Ozil for a youth prospect and playing three DMs ... Says a lot about his faith in his team at the moment I think.

This thread has lost a lot of potential now that we cant make fun of Mancini.

Back