The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Looking forward to 'Spurs- City more than any other game thus far this season outside of naturally L'pool games.

MASSIVE test for City. Who haven't played anyone of note outside of Mourinho's slowly developing and naturally stuttering Utd side. And although they've looked awesome going forward, there's still a lot of flaws for Pep to iron out as City themselves develop. Tottenham on the other hand are quietly flying under the radar for me. Said going into the season on these here pages they were the most complete article and the one side I expected to be the most serious of rivals if L'pool were to challenge for the league. (I had them finishing second and City third to L'pool in our pre-season predictions and I've seen little to suggest to me that they won't be the three that break away and battle out the league.). Their best start in 51 years just underlines what Pochetino has put in place given the key players missing as well.

WHL is one of toughest grounds to go to in the league. With Tottenham one of the toughest sides to play anywhere. I'd err on a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see Tottenham nick it.

Really looking forward to sitting down and enjoying this one Sunday afternoon. Mouthwatering occasion in prospect to round out this run of fixtures into the next International break.

Last edited:
Just seen Guardiola's response to the f-ing idiot that asked him about a quadruple. Utterly brilliant way to deal with the ridiculous OTT hype. It's a frigging process and City are just at the start of the road and far from perfect. One game at a time. ******** journalists. Seriously.

NSFW:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QinDcoG6JZ4&rdm=2889um65n&client=mv-google

Last edited:
Undoubtedly been a great start for Pep and City, but I think it is just a matter of time until it becomes more difficult and teams figure how to play against you, as Celtic and Swansea have shown better than anyone.

Undoubtedly been a great start for Pep and City, but I think it is just a matter of time until it becomes more difficult and teams figure how to play against you, as Celtic and Swansea have shown better than anyone.

I wouldn't say it's teams 'figuring them out.' There's no secrets here. Everyone knows how Pep plays. But it's a process. And City have been far from perfect as good as a lot of their attacking play has been. There's gonna' be ups and downs and they won't be running away with the league. (I don't think anyone will for that matter.). But theres serious signs of an actual purpose in what they're doing with a commitment to stick to it. And buying players to fit that instead of just spending because it's a big flashy name regardless.

The WAY OTT hype off the back of the wins to the point you get morons asking him about the quadruple is beyond ridiculous. Peps response was perfect and the highlight of the season from another club for me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's teams 'figuring them out.' There's no secrets here. Everyone knows how Pep plays. But it's a process. And City have been far from perfect as good as a lot of their attacking play has been. There's gonna' be ups and downs and they won't be running away with the league. (I don't think anyone will for that matter.). But theres serious signs of an actual purpose in what they're doing with a commitment to stick to it. And buying players to fit that instead of just spending because it's a big flashy name regardless.

The WAY OTT hype off the back of the wins to the point you get morons asking him about the quadruple is beyond ridiculous. Peps response was perfect and the highlight of the season from another club for me.

True but say like when United played them, we didn't play like we should have, we got caught in between pressing in numbers and sometimes not even pressing at all. We didn't even seem to commit to one way or the other which in the end cost us, along with some shobby defending where a long ball from the back lead to a goal. Although take nothing away from City they have been good and deserved to beat us. I just think we played into their hands with our approach and not really seemingly knowing what we were doing, especially in first half.

Looking forward to 'Spurs- City more than any other game thus far this season outside of naturally L'pool games.

MASSIVE test for City. Who haven't played anyone of note outside of Mourinho's slowly developing and naturally stuttering Utd side. And although they've looked awesome going forward, there's still a lot of flaws for Pep to iron out as City themselves develop. Tottenham on the other hand are quietly flying under the radar for me. Said going into the season on these here pages they were the most complete article and the one side I expected to be the most serious of rivals if L'pool were to challenge for the league. (I had them finishing second and City third to L'pool in our pre-season predictions and I've seen little to suggest to me that they won't be the three that break away and battle out the league.). Their best start in 51 years just underlines what Pochetino has put in place given the key players missing as well.

WHL is one of toughest grounds to go to in the league. With Tottenham one of the toughest sides to play anywhere. I'd err on a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see Tottenham nick it.

Really looking forward to sitting down and enjoying this one Sunday afternoon. Mouthwatering occasion in prospect to round out this run of fixtures into the next International break.

Outstanding half of football. Living it to expectations and then some.

Makes our draw at Tottenham all the ore frustrating after completely dominating them. Top, top side who won't drop many at home. Missed opportunity there.

Brilliant second goal from 'Spurs.

Same again second half please. Breathlessly exciting game of top class footie.

I really think Son's an outstanding player

wtf is going off spurs all over them

They are a top side under Pochetino and a serious title contender. Amazes me how under the radar they've gone.

Still can't believe they never won the league last year. Best team by a Country mile. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Leicester. Won't be many teams get much of anything at WHL.

They are a top side under Pochetino and a serious title contender. Amazes me how under the radar they've gone.

Still can't believe they never won the league last year. Best team by a Country mile. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Leicester. Won't be many teams get much of anything at WHL.
i know thay have a very good team but the start city have had to the season well never saw this coming makes the draw utd just had more dumb

Pep out. Should have walked this league and built a team in the 4 months he's been here already...

maybe the press are wrong and it does actually take a season to build a team. :lol

God, i cant wait till be buy new fullbacks, Kolorov has used his 'good game' quote already of about 2. so now its back to being a ******* nightmare...

Pep out. Should have walked this league and built a team in the 4 months he's been here already...

maybe the press are wrong and it does actually take a season to build a team. :lol

God, i cant wait till be buy new fullbacks, Kolorov has used his 'good game' quote already of about 2. so now its back to being a ******* nightmare...
thay way folks are banging on about any team you would think there was 6 games to go not thay have only played 6 every1 needs to chill the **** out

It's no surprise how City get found out when De Bruyne is out of the side, the same happened last year. The lad is the focal point for everything they create and with him out they are just ordinary.

Had to laugh when Neville said in commentary the end the first half '£terlings touch has let him down again' ...... Not witnessed that live a time or couple of thousand.

For all the talk of improvement under Pep that's two massive games now at Utd and 'Spurs he's been nowhere.

More OTT hype that needs reeling back in.

Had to laugh when Neville said in commentary the end the first half '£terlings touch has let him down again' ...... Not witnessed that live a time or couple of thousand.

For all the talk of improvement under Pep that's two massive games now at Utd and 'Spurs he's been nowhere.

More OTT hype that needs reeling back in.

Considering he is expected to perform superbly against the likes of United and Spurs at the age of 21, even you are now implying just what an excellent player he really is and how good he can become ;)

Considering he is expected to perform superbly against the likes of United and Spurs at the age of 21, even you are now implying just what an excellent player he really is and how good he can become ;)
where in that post did scouse say any of that?

In his defence against United, City were constantly trying to isolate Valencia with Nolito & De Bruyne and got plenty of joy from it, so Sterling saw very little of the ball on the opposite flank. But he was really quiet today yes, then again so were they all.

Back