The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Kompany was always a maybe anyway. Aguero wont go unless he flat out asks for it.

Kompany was always a maybe anyway. Aguero wont go unless he flat out asks for it.

Guardiola's saying the opposite. (To today's media speculation.).

Kompany not fit enough to be on the bench and reiterating Augero was left out for tactical reasons. Neither player going anywhere.

I could see well see City letting Kompany go given his recent injury history but Augero I don't see at all. When City don't need the money, he's WAY more valuable to them to keep him than let him go to a rival club home or abroad.

Sounds like a well placed media story to try disrupt things.

Btw, I was meant to say this earlier, is it just me or does ***** Cab look much more solid between the posts as opposed to Bravo? I didn't really ever think "okay, press him, he'll f**k up" or "whip crosses in, he'll flap like crazy" - he was a solid presence.

Btw, I was meant to say this earlier, is it just me or does ***** Cab look much more solid between the posts as opposed to Bravo? I didn't really ever think "okay, press him, he'll f**k up" or "whip crosses in, he'll flap like crazy" - he was a solid presence.

You never troubled him to judge.

Sadly for City, they troubled de Gea even less.

Bravo's passing has been superb thus far barring the Barca error. It's that his teammates can't pass for ****.

You never troubled him to judge.

Sadly for City, they troubled de Gea even less.

Did the basics well, strong hand on to the post from the Pogba effort, sprung off his line to get to the ball first when Pogba looked to be clean through, no crazy dribbles or unneeded hesitation on the ball. Call me old fashioned, but I don't quite buy into the whole 'keepers needing to be overly good with their feet thing.

Did the basics well, strong hand on to the post from the Pogba effort, sprung off his line to get to the ball first when Pogba looked to be clean through, no crazy dribbles or unneeded hesitation on the ball. Call me old fashioned, but I don't quite buy into the whole 'keepers needing to be overly good with their feet thing.

Pre-requisit for a 'keeper since the back pass law came in.

Absolutely NO excuse for a goalkeeper today not being comfortable clearing a ball back to him with his feet. They've all been brought up having to do it now.

Pre-requisit for a 'keeper since the back pass law came in.

Absolutely NO excuse for a goalkeeper today not being comfortable clearing a ball back to him with his feet. They've all been brought up having to do it now.

Clearing the ball and being able to take a pass back under control is one thing, but to be the heartbeat of possession or one touch passing when in the oppositions final third is another. And to go all out and sign a keeper because he's good with his feet, I'm sorry, no further comment. :D Maybe it's just me.

I think the fact its a flat back four in the cup games helps him, the players know the roles/system much better than the fluctuating 3. There is a much shared comfort and confidence in it.

Everyone looks uncomfortable with the 3 at the minute, that cant help the keeper even at this level.

Clearing the ball and being able to take a pass back under control is one thing, but to be the heartbeat of possession or one touch passing when in the oppositions final third is another. And to go all out and sign a keeper because he's good with his feet, I'm sorry, no further comment. :D Maybe it's just me.

Way the games evolving. I can honestly see a point in the not too distant future where someone puts an outfield player in nets and starts that trend. Seriously.

Way the games evolving. I can honestly see a point in the not too distant future where someone puts an outfield player in nets and starts that trend. Seriously.

I'd say big bad John O'Shea wouldn't be too expensive to attain? :D

soccer-fa-barclays-premiership-tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-united-white-hart-lane-2-390x285.jpg

Have you seen Ter Stegen play? His touch is as good as any midfielder

By 'an outfield player', I mean't an outfield player that could actually play football.

Should of clarified. :D.

Oh sorry, my mistake too :D

[video=youtube;XDEXViprsbk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDEXViprsbk[/video]

I'll just leave this here ;)

Oh sorry, my mistake too :D

I'll just leave this here ;)

Those games were even more galling to take. We battered yers that day and still lost 1-0. Ferguson went through a spell of being real negative and just sitting deep at Anfield. Putting out some real strange teams with some utter ***** in them and we still somehow contrived to lose.

Same happened the year after. We'd just had an outstanding 4-0 win in Marseille to go through the group the last game, and then came back and lost again 1-0 to Utd. Anderson ..... F-ING ANDERSON, totally run the show that day.

Last edited:
Manchester United toilets destroyed by Manchester City fans as disgruntled away supporters vent fury at Old Trafford.

Pictures show fans laughing and kicking urinals off the wall as they queue to relieve themselves.

There appears to be significant damage caused to the facilities, and only time will tell if United and City look to punish those involved.

View attachment 123542

View attachment 123543

Bunch of ******* **** jockies.

View attachment 123541

So they took it quite bad for the same bunch that say "who cares, it was just a micky mouse cup"..

So they took it quite bad for the same bunch that say "who cares, it was just a micky mouse cup"..

Went through a regular period not too long ago of United billing L'pool and L'pool billing Utd after the respective games at Old Trafford and Anfield for damage caused from the travelling fans. (The bogs/ seats getting smashed up. Sick graffiti all over etc.).

Knobs are always going to be knobs sadly. And football brings out the **** in people more than anything else in life.

Last edited:
Hefty bill for City but that'll be pocket change to them so they won't be arsed.

I'd love to be the emergency plumbers called at the call out charge they'll ask lol.

Meanwhile in other news Ray the Fitness Egg strikes again .....

The fact City manager Guardiola played Kompany for 80min is yet again prove Pep really does not understand the principles of periodisation.

The fact Kompany only played 45 minutes is yet again proof the Dutch have a weird concept of time.

Last edited:
Back