The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Had to laugh when Neville said in commentary the end the first half '£terlings touch has let him down again' ...... Not witnessed that live a time or couple of thousand.

For all the talk of improvement under Pep that's two massive games now at Utd and 'Spurs he's been nowhere.

More OTT hype that needs reeling back in.
He has improved. At least let's give sterling credit that he actually shows up against little teams.

Last season, he couldn't even do that

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Looking ahead City have a brutal December. Chelsea, Arsenal home. Leicester, L'pool away.

Gonna' be an interesting Christmas

Looking ahead City have a brutal December. Chelsea, Arsenal home. Leicester, L'pool away.

Gonna' be an interesting Christmas

Something I heard said that City have only played teams in the bottom 4 of the league other than United and Spurs up till now (not sure if true). But yes things certainly look a lot more interesting now with City losing yesterday.

I still, have Spurs down as my top contenders, alongside City, mainly because I feel that while Pep is a tactical Genius, he doesn't have the acumen to motivate a team.He never needed it at Barca, at Bayern he was unable to motivate them to going past the semis in any season.Bottom line is, Pep doesn't have the ability to make his team put in that little extra needed to win matches you can't win with pure tactical brilliance and the premier league has that more than any other team.

Funny how people don't realize that city have won just 1 of their last 4 games.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

I dont like that Bravo is getting that much blame. GK who has so shaky back line cant be at fault. He might not be world class, but he hasent done so much bad as people tend to say and bring out.
New team, communication is bad, so many bad errors from defenders.
In Jan Pep needs some new defenders if even wants to go for title.
He apparently wants new fullbacks.

Sterling the best thing about City last night. Already better than he was at Liverpool, Guardiola is bringing him on leaps and bounds

Sterling the best thing about City last night. Already better than he was at Liverpool, Guardiola is bringing him on leaps and bounds

Pep's under a bit of pressure now though, what's that 4 games without a win?

Pep's under a bit of pressure now though, what's that 4 games without a win?

He always strikes me as being like Klopp and the only pressure/ criticism is what he puts on himself.

The media can write/ say what they want. I highly doubt he takes much interest in them outside of what he's forced to do with them.

Certainly under no pressure from City or else somethings inherently wrong.

He always strikes me as being like Klopp and the only pressure/ criticism is what he puts on himself.

The media can write/ say what they want. I highly doubt he takes much interest in them outside of what he's forced to do with them.

Certainly under no pressure from City or else somethings inherently wrong.

Surely he has to be under a bit of pressure when you haven't won in 4 games and you lose 4-0? Ok it's to Barcelona but still, with their team you'd expect better.

Media would be all over Mourinho by now, double standards of course.

The media are all over Pep.

But I highly doubt he or City are taking any notice of it.

Surely he has to be under a bit of pressure when you haven't won in 4 games and you lose 4-0? Ok it's to Barcelona but still, with their team you'd expect better.

Media would be all over Mourinho by now, double standards of course.

They've put a bit on him now, nothing what they would on Jose, mostly because it's Barcelona they have lost.

That said, he is getting some flak for his use of Aguero last night.

**** of a lot of talk about a huge bust up with Aguero, Kompany and Pep. The 2 players could be out the door according to MEN, Times.

James Robson– Verified account ‏@JamesRobsonMEN

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Aguero story will continue to run. Guardiola assertion that tactics were right against Barca suggest he will be dropped again!

Manchester City legends Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany face the axe as Pep Guardiola's revolution continues

Blues insiders feel star striker only on the bench for Barcelona loss will go in the summer, while skipper and centre-half was fit but not in the matchday squad
Sergio Aguero is set to be the next high-profile casualty of Pep Guardiola’s ruthlessManchester City revolution, writes David McDonnell in Barcelona .

There is believed to be tension between the pair and fan hero Aguero , whose stoppage-time goal in the last match of the season made the Blues champions back in 2012, faces an uncertain future.

He was left out of the starting line-up for the 4-0 Champions League defeat at Barcelona and only came on late when the game was already lost.

Aguero has scored 11 times in 10 appearances this season, but Guardiola has repeatedly asked for more from the player since taking over in the summer.

While on international duty this month the forward said he is getting used to Guardiola’s demands, but claimed the City boss is “picky about everything ”.
Guardiola claimed the decision to leave out Aguero was a tactical one, to allow him to play an extra midfielder to try to nullify Barca’s famed passing game. But the move failed as City slumped to a humiliating loss.

While the manager insisted Aguero accepted his demotion to the bench with good grace, some at the club are convinced the 28-year-old, signed from Atletico Madrid for £38million in 2011, will be on his way at the end of the season.

Although Aguero is said to have agreed a one-year extension to his current contract with City months ago, no formal announcement has been made.
City will welcome £27million Brazil international striker Gabriel Jesus into the fold in January, with the young Palmeiras sensation set to rival the previously untouchable Aguero for his place.
And with the Blues still tracking Borussia Dortmund frontman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and monitoring France forward Antoine Griezmann’s situation at Atletico Madrid, the Argentine’s days could be numbered.

City skipper Vincent Kompany is also facing the prospect of being offloaded next summer, after being left out of Guardiola’s 18-man matchday squad to face Barca.

Defender Kompany, who has been blighted by injuries in recent seasons, was said to be fully fit and travelled to Catalonia but Guardiola chose not to involve the experienced 30-year-old.
City's England first-choice keeper Joe Hart is now on loan at Torino after failing to impress Guardiola, France midfielder Samir Nasri is on loan at Sevilla.

Former talisman Yaya Toure is still at the Etihad but has been effectively exiled, making his sole appearance so far this season back in August.

Back