The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Oh no Sir! Apparently, you can't lose games like Bournemouth and be Champions I'll have you know!

I didn't find it a big deal. Bournemouth are a good team and the defence has been good overall through the the season. Liverpool conceded about triple their average shots on target that game.

I think anyone has a right to question a teams title credentials when you concede 4 goals to Bournemouth. I mean come on Scouse, it's ****** Bournemouth! It's not really only that though, it's more how you conceded 3 goals in a row to lose a game in the last like 15 mins?

I didn't find it a big deal. Bournemouth are a good team and the defence has been good overall through the the season. Liverpool conceded about triple their average shots on target that game.

It wasn't a big deal. It was just literally 'one of them.' A mad 20 minute nightmare that happens.

The WELL OTT reaction from the so called 'experts' in the media and idiotic L'pool fans has had to be seen to be believed.

We go blamm an absolutely woeful West Ham tomorrow 6 or 7, and it'll flip full circle again.

I think anyone has a right to question a teams title credentials when you concede 4 goals to Bournemouth. I mean come on Scouse, it's ****** Bournemouth! It's not really only that though, it's more how you conceded 3 goals in a row to lose a game in the last like 15 mins?

It's not necessarily the personnel. I think that the game management was poor. Liverpool could do with midfield control and a holding midfielder. Liverpool are more than capable of winning it.

You would. But then you're more reactionary than most.

Is anybody that suprised. I remember us playing Manchester City a week before the season start in a friendly. We pressed their back 4 and keeper and they were a shambles.

Even Celtic have had luck there. The reality is that their defenders aren't good enough to play from the back. How many times have we seen a dodgy John Stones backpass? The only defender good enough to play out is Kolarov and even then, he's to slow to play fullback at this level.

Look at ya'll in my City thread.... I've been sooooo lonely :) Fweinds :) :) :)

If anything I just think it exposed what the critics (including me *cough*) have been saying all along. Your quality in depth is an issue.

Point in case. As the previous 15 games showed right?

It was 'one of them.' Nottin' more. Nottin' less.

I can give you countless examples of the great L'pool sides having 'one of them' through seasons. Like the best side in Europe getting trounced 4-0 at Coventry in '82. Or drawing 3-3 at home to Luton and losing at Southampton the year after 3-0. The all conquering '77 vintage losing 5-1 at Villa and 4-2 at Birmingham. I could go on and on. Or how about Utd the Premiership getting tanked 5 at Newcastle or 6 at Southampton? With countless more shocks in between.

It's how you respond that matters. Just like the last WAY OTT reaction to Burnley (another one you tried in hapless vein to point out that's why this Liverpool side won't be challenging), to which they went on a 15 game unbeaten run. And tomorrow against West Ham, they'll start another one.

Last edited:
It's how you respond that matters. Just like the last WAY OTT reaction to Burnley (another one you tried in hapless vein to point out that's why this Liverpool side won't be challenging), to which they went on a 15 game unbeaten run. And tomorrow against West Ham, they'll start another one.

Think you might have your wires crossed Scousey I've actually been very laid back this season compared to my normal standards. Of course I'm not saying I haven't made the odd comment about Liverpool but generally especially after the Bournemouth defeat, up till now, I haven't even said anything! Plus I only admit I didn't fancy Liverpool at title contenders.

We can all be friends in here and laugh at City tonight. Then I can go back to my doom and gloom tomorrow when United no doubt drop points against Spurs.

Think you might have your wires crossed Scousey I've actually been very laid back this season compared to my normal standards......

You have been post Burnley.

After that defeat you were full of it in there that you can't lose games like Burnley and expect to win the league. TWO games into the season. Which is the same utter codswallop that has been said Nationally this week about Bournemouth.

Look at ya'll in my City thread.... I've been sooooo lonely :) Fweinds :) :) :)

Well to be fair you're just about the only true Mancunian on these here pages so it's nice to drop by from up the up the road and connect from time to time. ;),

Well to be fair you're just about the only true Mancunian on these here pages so it's nice to drop by from up the up the road and connect from time to time. ;),

If only your defence was as good as your manners... :p

If only your defence was as good as your manners... :p

Their defence has been good. They've been one of the unluckiest defensively this season. I wouldn't have minded a punt on Stones if he were cheaper. Maybe Steve Bould could teach him how to defend.

Their defence has been good. They've been one of the unluckiest defensively this season. I wouldn't have minded a punt on Stones if he were cheaper. Maybe Steve Bould could teach him how to defend.

For all the **** hes getting i like him alot. He needs Kompany or similar, and Pep needs to teach/let him know its "ok to **** the ball into the 5th dimension" if the pressing calls for it.

He's having to be the Captain at the back at the min, with 2 **** fullbacks & Otamendi and a complete liability in Bravo.

We miss Hart to direct traffic behind him, which is surely more beneficial to the defence than Bravo being able to play at the min.

For all the **** hes getting i like him alot. He needs Kompany or similar, and Pep needs to teach/let him know its "ok to **** the ball into the 5th dimension" if the pressing calls for it.

He's having to be the Captain at the back at the min, with 2 **** fullbacks & Otamendi and a complete liability in Bravo.

We miss Hart to direct traffic behind him, which is surely more beneficial to the defence than Bravo being able to play at the min.

Bravo's passing has been fine tbh. All of their fullbacks are past it and 31+ years old and their central defenders are dodgy. Otamendi is a double edged sword, Stones can be a shambles and Kompany spends most time on the treatment table.

They have 3 main issues:
1) Defenders aren't good enough receiving the ball from Bravo.
2) Full backs are all poor
3) Center backs aren't good enough one on one.

If anyone didn't know, Pep Generally has full backs way high up the pitch and a regista between the back 4 leaving 2 central defenders and/or a regista at the back. Pep has spoken before, especially in his Bayern days about how important it is for his central defenders to be capable one on one, especially as they're exposed so often. Boateng and Pique have been perfect in this regard. This is why Pep has played fullbacks there many times in his managerial career. Virtually none of the personnel are good enough.

Otamendi is actually a really good defender but high risk. He statistically wins the ball the highest in the league. He literally tries to win anything. His success rate is good but this is very high risk. When it doesn't work, you get the drubbing at home to Chelsea. When it all goes well, you get the win againat Barcelona. Playing next to John Stones doesn't help. He is a high risk player. Playing with better fullbacks and a more composed partner will help imo. He needs Kompany next to him.

City Watch– ‏@City_Watch

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Pep: "We are going to miss him [Gundogan] I think for a long time."The doctors supsect ligament damage - Out for season. [@Sammy_Goal]
2:23 pm - 14 Dec 2016
33 RETWEETS32 LIKES.

Shoot. That's not good. Just gets over his back problems and now this.

Hopefully not as bad a suspected.

Shoot. That's not good. Just gets over his back problems and now this.

Hopefully not as bad a suspected.
Think its bad. Pep was pretty emotional when talking about it. Was always gonna be a risky signing. Gutted for him and his luck, terrible back injury now this. Did read somewhere the other week Pep saying he could not play every game. Not sure if that was still him having back troubles or not.

Back