The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Great signing, but an unnecessary one when you look at the attacking options they already have. You can't get Bernardo, KDB, David Silva, Sane, Sterling, Jesus and Aguero in the same starting line-up. It's ridiculous. Kelechi, Unal and Roberts need to move on, poor kids have no chance.
Bernardo CM

Scouse - Maffeo just scored in the Liga playoffs.. He'll be the one to look for getting a shot at backup Walker. Angelino wont cut it looking at reports.

NAC Breda promoted with 5 kids on loan from us... not bad.

So going on latest reports you have signed Silva and Ederson will be tomorrow. And he wants at pair of top FBs a world class CB and Sanchez. 300m worth there. Pep secret FM player ;)

So going on latest reports you have signed Silva and Ederson will be tomorrow. And he wants at pair of top FBs a world class CB and Sanchez. 300m worth there. Pep secret FM player ;)

Seems fair, at least 3 of those should have been signed well before he arrived already. (FBs/CB) - this should have been 100 mil per over 3 summers and due to fuckery by god knows what plan, didnt so 300mil bosch. Contracts ended.

Shiny new team. :D

If they get all these I think we mayswell just crown them champions next season.

If they get all these I think we mayswell just crown them champions next season.
Why? Spending money doesn't guarentee anything. Signing a shed load of players doesn't guarentee anything. Let's see where we are come Feb/March next season before handing out the trophy already.

Why? Spending money doesn't guarentee anything. Signing a shed load of players doesn't guarentee anything. Let's see where we are come Feb/March next season before handing out the trophy already.

That team would destroy pretty much everything under Pep, I couldn't even see the big teams coping with it. Of course money doesn't guarantee success, but it certainly helps when you have a team like that.

That team would destroy pretty much everything under Pep, I couldn't even see the big teams coping with it. Of course money doesn't guarantee success, but it certainly helps when you have a team like that.
People said the same when they won 10 in a row at the start of last season and were saying there gonna run away with it after spending more than anyone else. People were also saying we would put up a title challenge after getting Zlatan, Mky, Pogba. Football and especially in the Prem doesn't work like that.

Im with RedUnited, team/squad issues are being address'd and **** we'll be awesome to watch..
I agree you will be. And I've enjoyed watching you a lot at times this season. But to start handing out the title already lol. 100% you will be up there as one of the faves. But so will we Chelsea and Spurs. Liverpool will be even better depending on how they handle CL footy.

I agree you will be. And I've enjoyed watching you a lot at times this season. But to start handing out the title already lol. 100% you will be up there as one of the faves. But so will we Chelsea and Spurs. Liverpool will be even better depending on how they handle CL footy.

Nah, screw it and hand em over and COWER!! :)

Well you said if they sign Sanchez, a world class CB, fullbacks and Ederson/Silva who are done already! I'm justsaying if they sign all them as you seem to think they are going for, it will be the strongest team in PL on paper by a mile. Obviously depends on what other teams do, but none would match that. Even if United got Griezzmann.

Well you said if they sign Sanchez, a world class CB, fullbacks and Ederson/Silva who are done already! I'm justsaying if they sign all them as you seem to think they are going for, it will be the strongest team in PL on paper by a mile. Obviously depends on what other teams do, but none would match that. Even if United got Griezzmann.
Thats it it's all if atm. Yes they look faves for Mendy who is a upgrade on what they have same goes for Walker, but both are suspect defensively. Imo I will be surprised if they get Bonucci and Sanchez, but looks like there gonna try. Silva offers nothing they don't already have except from quality cover. Ederson can go either way, especially for a young GK. We should know this more than most at the start of there career. He's not commanding by any means! They will likely have one of the strongest teams, but nearly all the top teams will spend big on quality and depth. If we get Lukaku, Griezmann, Fabinho, Perisic, Keane or manage to beat City to Mendy then we will have a squad to match.

Thats it it's all if atm. Yes they look faves for Mendy who is a upgrade on what they have same goes for Walker, but both are suspect defensively. Imo I will be surprised if they get Bonucci and Sanchez, but looks like there gonna try. Silva offers nothing they don't already have except from quality cover. Ederson can go either way, especially for a young GK. We should know this more than most at the start of there career. He's not commanding by any means! They will likely have one of the strongest teams, but nearly all the top teams will spend big on quality and depth. If we get Lukaku, Griezmann, Fabinho, Perisic, Keane or manage to beat City to Mendy then we will have a squad to match.

I hope we go for Sanchez and Bonucci as well (if there is any remote chance we can get either, which I doubt).

Agree generally though, going to be one **** of a season. Pep going to be under enormous pressure to deliver a major trophy and Mourinho will be because it's Man United so there is always pressure.

Nah, screw it and hand em over and COWER!! :)

Now, if only you could buy Anfield and our passion, you might actually do something in the CL.

But alas, you have the half full council house.

Some things money just can not buy. ;).

I hope we go for Sanchez and Bonucci as well (if there is any remote chance we can get either, which I doubt).

Agree generally though, going to be one **** of a season. Pep going to be under enormous pressure to deliver a major trophy and Mourinho will be because it's Man United so there is always pressure.
Talking of Sanchez. Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph saying that Arsene and the board are going to match what Ozil and Sanchez want, and will be agreed when Wenger commits to his contract tomorrow. Also states he and his family love and are settled in London.

Last edited:
Back