The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Christ?? Is Pep playing Fifa with Man City's dirham's?

Friendly or not, that's a heck of an impressive scoreline. To do that to Madrid at any time deserves big props.

To do it at this stage of pre-season, only 2 games in, deserves more.

Finished with 3, coulda been 6/7.

Brahim & Stones & Sterling on the sheet again.. nice

Last edited:
Seriously, with the weapons Pep's added to what he already had, I'm looking at City as the team to beat. If I'm looking at the other 5 in direct competition, outside of Chelsea having another miraculous injury free season, he's building the most frightening looking squad by far of them all IMHO.

That fire power > any worries over the defence ANY day of the week.

We could probably use another CB but there is enough trash in the league to use mangala or adibiyaro kid if needs be. Every one in is an improvement on the outgoing so far. Can't argue with that really.. great summer. Everyone else is adding like for like or a slight reshuffle so far.

We could probably use another CB but there is enough trash in the league to use mangala or adibiyaro kid if needs be. Every one in is an improvement on the outgoing so far. Can't argue with that really.. great summer. Everyone else is adding like for like or a slight reshuffle so far.
For me City have had the best window so far. They've gone out and addressed the weakness in their squad, sure everyone will point at how much has been spent but when you've got citeh money it doesn't matter as long as the squad has improved. Which it has.

Still need a CB and CM/DM for me. Think you will still concede a few.

They said that last year, and we ended up with the 4th best def in the league. With a joke fullbacks and a horrendous keeper, **** take out the one drubbing we got at Everton, and we only conceded 2 more than Chelsea, but thank **** the FBs have been FINALLY replaced.

I would like a new DM though (seems fernando left today). CB maybe, but not a priority.

But on the we've added 3 improvements over whats left to the first team and addressed where we needed to, cant really argue with that. 2nd string currently reads as.

---------------Jesus
Bernardo Gundogan Delph Roberts
--------------Toure
Danilo Tosin Otamendi Maffeo
--------------Bravo

If Nasri/Mangala/Denayer/Fernando/Bony/Zinchenko/Moreno & Garcia go out on loan (again).

Plenty of trash in the league to get away with Tosin for cb cover, and Danilo covering LB/RB. (maybe).

The only downside with this awesome attacking arsenal Pep's building is my go to fantasy forward Augero is becoming less attractive with the distinct possibility of far more rotation.

de Bruyne seems the only totally safe bet from City who'll play more or less constantly.

The only downside with this awesome attacking arsenal Pep's building is my go to fantasy forward Augero is becoming less attractive with the distinct possibility of far more rotation.

de Bruyne seems the only totally safe bet from City who'll play more or less constantly.

Inline with all the rumours, we tried a 3-5-2 in preseason a few times.... Aguero - Sanchez (I ******* wish, lol)

Expected. I would like another CB. Martinex was on the cards before Neymars move now barca are moving for him.. ****.

If hes going 3 the back, so he utilize Sane as a spare LWB if needed, surely another cb is on, unless he keeps Mangala, and i cant see that.

Guess the PUNDIT?

DGVnzBjVYAEuU6H.jpg

Its a wonder how he never became a manager, or (after listening to) how Paul Ince did... ffs

Back