The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Here's to the game Sat'day dinner being even half as good as that awesome spectacle last year at City.

If it is, we're in for one heck of an exhilarating ride. Hopefully the garbage kick-off time doesn't spoil it as so often happens.

If a few hours earlier makes a difference to the quality of football, then sorry but that's just an excuse! If it was a Friday night knick off on an international week then yes maybe, but other then that, not for me.

Anyway, two teams without a defence, this can only be an attacking game :P Take your pick which way it shall go!

Sat'day dinner times are the absolute worst KO time z.

The crowds invariably flat and still half asleep/ hungover from the start the weekend. And that oft transcends to the players who come out flat down to it.

Hate them. Now Saturday tea-time, particularly at home, is conversely the perfect KO time. A relaxing day to get things done before the match. The vast majority having had a good scoop the ale afternoon. Everyone bouncing come half 5. Now 3 PM's are rarer than rocking horse sh*t I'll take the Sat'day tea-time as a preference.

Definitely no Kompany then huh? I guess that's kind of balanced out with no Coutinho but we've honestly not missed him through the great start the season we've had. Without wishing to tempt fate, Kompany, the only solid defender and key leader missing for City on the other hand .....

And is this 'sposed to tempt us out the Grove to 'get in early' tomorrow morning?

Supporter Services
@ManCityHelp

Chips for £1! Any supporter who arrives between 11:00am and 12:00pm will be able to purchase Chips for £1 a portion!
3:23 PM - Sep 8, 2017

****** ****. Thunder and lightning forecast for the game tomorrow.

That's twice this week in Manchester I'll of got wet! Hope the lightning holds off and doesn't put the match in doubt.

Idk Scouse, it might need a spark to bring it to life :P (I'll get my coat).

Lol. Dry right now but it was lashing it down up until a half hour or so ago so hopefully that holds off.

Mad how we're currently in a cracking pub we've gone on and off over the years the top side of City's ground Clayton that's rammed with a good percentage of Scousers and City lads having a good crack with each other. Never be able to do that anywhere round Old Trafford.

Football, and particularly that fixture, just turns people into absolute bellends that they wouldn't normally be. Mad.

Some strike that by Sane, also at least it isn't back to back 4-0 losses for the ox

**** Me, didn't expect that..... wtf just happened...

The low life Hillsborough ***** your bellends were taking great delight in singing to us second half.

Some real knobs sit that middle section. Three years running now I've had virtually the same spot and the same lads try to constantly have a go over the divide and invariably the same lads have been lashed out every year. ***** the way they do the away section at yours. So narrow and funnelled down the three tiers it leads to all sorts of fun and games you don't get these days with segregation before the bizzies finally have enough and step in between.

Yeah, just had a google. #clowns.

Conversely, to level it out, not being on the train, went the Grove Inn as we do the car and had a boss time in there before the game with your lads.

Just the bellends the ground.

Congratulations. Worst side to go down to 10 against the league so completely resigned to getting beat soon as that happened which probably explains why you're not too arsed the final scoreline. **** happens. Onto Europe.

Conversely, to level it out, not being on the train, went the Grove Inn as we do the car and had a boss time in there before the game with your lads.

Just the bellends the ground.

Congratulations. Worst side to go down to 10 against the league so completely resigned to getting beat soon as that happened which probably explains why you're not too arsed the final scoreline. **** happens. Onto Europe.

Was pretty even, i had it down for 3-2 before kick off. (i thought we go 4 at the back with Danilo/Dinho in front though). first team to get ahead was gonna win it, and then *** for tat. once the other team had to open, the forwards would run riot.

Putting this quote here wkd from the match review on TAW as it's relevant for ALL football fans and **** personal that really ****** me off with your lads today:

' .....But when standing in torrential rain waiting for a tram surrounded by crowing Mancs, forgive me if I wanted more. Some pride, some passion, some sorting things out so the scoreline doesn’t end so embarrassing.

And on their fans, well I’m going there. Why are they singing about Steven Gerrard seconds after kick off? How is that relevant? What is it for? It’s a tad small-time for a club that loves to tell us how big it is.

Then the “victims” song. Belted out with vigour. Over and over. Including on the final whistle after winning 5-0.

What does the song mean? What’s the purpose of it? I asked a few City fans and got blank looks. So why are you singing it? Liverpool fans were the victims at Hillsborough. It wasn’t our fault. Fact set in stone. What else is the song referring to? Never our fault? Some Liverpool fans were culpable at Heysel. Some were tried and jailed. Again, fact. I just don’t get it. We’re having a chat about 1985 and 1989 when you’re having the perfect day here and now in 2017. Ignorance or being just plain thick? I’ll leave it up to you. ..... '

If football fans make fun of a tragedy, regardless of where it happened or when, they are not football fans. They are moronic scum.

Thankfully in this day and age, these kind are shunted by the genuine football fans. And I know for a fact the genuine Man City football fans will shunt these pieces of scum. But sadly, in this day and age when people love to "troll", these sorts of "people" (and I use this term loosely) will increase because being edgy etc is a hipster thing. They're not human simple as. The one saving grace is that we know not every fan of a team is like this.

Last edited:
Back