The Manchester United Thread

I would make a longer point but I'm on my phone and I see you have just been dismantled by everyone on this thread. As an aside giggs doesn't need a low pressure job, what he needs is to watch an experienced manager from the other side of the white line doing it, very closely. Van Gaal is near perfect for that.

Dismantled by no one, Kluivert has won more in a coaching/managing capacity than Round so I still win anyway.

The same way anyone else finds out about his coaching staff... the internet oh and no offence to Moyes or anything but I'm pretty sure a manager who is currently in charge of Holland has a lot of connections with much higher-class coaches.

It's called common sense mostly Mike, if you want to believe Moyes staff was good enough then fine... it's a shame they didn't last.
But you clearly haven't even done any research. And assuming that because they are Dutch, they will be high class is just an assumption. By the way, do you know how they tend to create their coaches? By taking their ex quality players, keeping them and grooming them at their clubs. So you're criticising the club for wanting to carry out the same ideas that create the very coaches you want

If by winning you mean showing yourself up, then sure

Explain to me how Round is better than Kluivert and if you can then you may win. But at the moment saying I've "shown myself up" doesn't give anything.

Explain to me how Round is better than Kluivert and if you can then you may win. But at the moment saying I've "shown myself up" doesn't give anything.

No one's saying you're wrong. Just saying that you can't claim you're right.

But you clearly haven't even done any research. And assuming that because they are Dutch, they will be high class is just an assumption. By the way, do you know how they tend to create their coaches? By taking their ex quality players, keeping them and grooming them at their clubs. So you're criticising the club for wanting to carry out the same ideas that create the very coaches you want

I basically said a Dutch national manager has a lot of connections to higher-class proven quality coaches, how can you even argue with this? I'm confused.

Research only gets you so far because it's mostly speculation on who he would bring. If you're referring to the class of 92 again with this whole bringing up players into coaches then yeh... fine... but you can't shove em all in and hope it will work. I've already mentioned previously taking 1 (Giggs) or possible 2 (include Scholes) and let Van Gaal bring in his staff would be the best solution.

ok does any1 think moyes would have come good given time well this is open to every 1 bar zzeezzy cos even if he walked on water he would still hate him
We never saw the real Moyes, we seemed to get a hollow shell. He should have had time off, but who is position would turn the job down?

I basically said a Dutch national manager has a lot of connections to higher-class proven quality coaches, how can you even argue with this? I'm confused.

Research only gets you so far because it's mostly speculation on who he would bring. If you're referring to the class of 92 again with this whole bringing up players into coaches then yeh... fine... but you can't shove em all in and hope it will work. I've already mentioned previously taking 1 (Giggs) or possible 2 (include Scholes) and let Van Gaal bring in his staff would be the best solution.
They are already coaches, all 4 of them. Scholes and **** have been running our lower teams ffs. Now they need to be first hand alongside a top experienced manager to make the step up

We never saw the real Moyes, we seemed to get a hollow shell. He should have had time off, but who is position would turn the job down?

true is saf came to your house and tell you your the new man for man u who would say thanks but i need a rest no 1

They are already coaches, all 4 of them. Scholes and **** have been running our lower teams ffs. Now they need to be first hand alongside a top experienced manager to make the step up

Asking for 1 or 2 is a lot never mind 4. I honestly think if you want all of them in the coaching setup then you have to sacrifice the experienced manager like Van Gaal and accept Giggs.

Can I ask what you think mate. Just say UTD won all there last 4 games really well and the players were really happy that Giggs was in charge, then the board decided to hire a different Manager for new season. Do you think there could be a backlash towards the new manager? This is another thing that worries me. Just wanted your opinion that's all :

Asking for 1 or 2 is a lot never mind 4. I honestly think if you want all of them in the coaching setup then you have to sacrifice the experienced manager like Van Gaal and accept Giggs.
No you don't to be honest. In fact most tend to keep the entire structure intact and just bring one or two. Van Gaal also believes continuity is important.

Can I ask what you think mate. Just say UTD won all there last 4 games really well and the players were really happy that Giggs was in charge, then the board decided to hire a different Manager for new season. Do you think there could be a backlash towards the new manager? This is another thing that worries me. Just wanted your opinion that's all :

Realise I'm speaking out of turn here but what the heck.

I think any manager who comes in will arrive with the knowledge that out of the current staff, Giggs and Scholes know the players best, and I'm pretty sure he'll support any movement to keep them in a coaching position, but bring his own assistant.

I think the players are in no position to be asking for anything after the tripe they delivered. But it important to have a strong link. 92 would provide that between LVG and club, it would help them learn and help him settle quickly

No you don't to be honest. In fact most tend to keep the entire structure intact and just bring one or two. Van Gaal also believes continuity is important.
Yes mate only usually brings and *** man/coach and gk coach with him. Plenty of room for the class of 92.

Dismantled by no one, Kluivert has won more in a coaching/managing capacity than Round so I still win anyway.

He won a reserve league hardly anything to write home about, You haven't won anything you are literally just standing fingers in your ears shouting I am right you're all wrong. Your logic has been pointed out as flawed because winning a dutch reserve league means jack **** in the grand scheme of things. Also you point to an article were Thierry Henry makes a claim that Kluivert is a great coach despite me pointing out that they have never crossed paths in a coach and player environment.

Also you was questioning Rounds capacity as a coach not management

I finally knows how Liverpool fans felt like in the past few years when we were fighting for the title while their own team were lingering around Europa League positions. Come on Chelsea and City!

He won a reserve league hardly anything to write home about, You haven't won anything you are literally just standing fingers in your ears shouting I am right you're all wrong. Your logic has been pointed out as flawed because winning a dutch reserve league means jack **** in the grand scheme of things. Also you point to an article were Thierry Henry makes a claim that Kluivert is a great coach despite me pointing out that they have never crossed paths in a coach and player environment.

Also you was questioning Rounds capacity as a coach not management

So? Just because Henry didn't specifically work under Kluivert doesn't mean they didn't cross paths ever. It's like saying Pep can't praise Martino because Pep never worked specifically under Martino as a player.

Doesn't matter what Kluivert won... fact is he has something more than Round. Therefore he wins, unless you want to go and get your football boots on and which one would you want a coaching session off?

How else do we realistically compare them?

Back