The Manchester United Thread

Mourinho is God.

Was listening to the match while driving almost had an accident at 2-0. Celebrating other team's goals. Thats what DM has reduced us to this season.

How I miss this fixture it's the one I've missed the most since our implosion done Old Trafford a fair few times the hatred is immense on both sides for us (Leeds) there's nothing quite like playing United in terms of atmosphere. Cardiff and Chelsea are probably the closest but nothing beats United

1. Yeah, Leeds loitering in the lower divisions has been a particular highlight for me these past few years, long may it continue.

2. As for the rivalry I have a story when I was at Uni (Leicester) we went to Leeds for the weekend with some mates. After we came out of a club we started walking to get kebab (as you do) and in a side street we saw a group of people shouting and gesticulating. When we went nearer we saw a group of about 10 people in a threatening circle around two poor guys. One was wearing a red t-shirt and they were screaming at him that he's ******* manu and the like and him and his mate were pleading with them trying to explain that they were not UTD supporters/from Manchester. We beat a hasty retreat and rang the police but it was shocking ...

3. But Leeds are not and never have been our rivals. Despite what you may think.

4. Personally I hate LFC more than almost anything ...

Mourinho is God.

Was listening to the match while driving almost had an accident at 2-0. Celebrating other team's goals. Thats what DM has reduced us to this season.

He isn't God. And I wouldnt have him anywhere near the club. And pretty sure the players had a big hand in this too.

1. Yeah, Leeds loitering in the lower divisions has been a particular highlight for me these past few years, long may it continue.

2. As for the rivalry I have a story when I was at Uni (Leicester) we went to Leeds for the weekend with some mates. After we came out of a club we started walking to get kebab (as you do) and in a side street we saw a group of people shouting and gesticulating. When we went nearer we saw a group of about 10 people in a threatening circle around two poor guys. One was wearing a red t-shirt and they were screaming at him that he's ******* manu and the like and him and his mate were pleading with them trying to explain that they were not UTD supporters/from Manchester. We beat a hasty retreat and rang the police but it was shocking ...

3. But Leeds are not and never have been our rivals. Despite what you may think.

4. Personally I hate LFC more than almost anything ...

I'd really disagree Leeds/Man U rivalry is intense on both sides I've seen with my own eyes when I've been to old Trafford and know many fans from both teams. Also it goes back way older than football when the house of York and the house of Lancaster warred for the English throne so I would despite what you may think the Leeds/Man U rivalry is one. Why do you think there was such an outcry from Leeds fans when we sold you cantona? You may personally hate Liverpool more but it is certainly a rivalry. It may have tempered somewhat since our demise but believe you and me the day we are back in the premiership the rivalry will be reignited as mike said it's written in the blood

And United - Leeds is definitely rivalry, based on hatred, more than any of the others.

Every team has a hated rival along with a geographical one. For example, Palace have Brighton as a hated rival and Millwall as a geographical one (though it's kinda impossible not to hate Millwall anyway).

United has City as a geographical rival, Leeds as a hated one, and Liverpool as a mixture of both.

Hmm. Might disagree with you on that one.

Indeed you might. I mean I know the (non football) history, but in football mate we are and mostly have been for some time now on a different planet (tho those cup defeats were annoying I grant you that)

Indeed you might. I mean I know the (non football) history, but in football mate we are and mostly have been for some time now on a different planet (tho those cup defeats were annoying I grant you that)

Leeds United A.F.C.?€“Manchester United F.C. rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

never have been? the 70's say different. Leeds and Man United were massive rivals, always have been, just because divisions now keep you apart the rivalry doesnt stop.

Last edited:
He isn't God. And I wouldnt have him anywhere near the club. And pretty sure the players had a big hand in this too.

Obviously calling him 'god' goes too far but if he is the first one to be criticized whenever Chelsea screw up then it's only logical that he should be the first one to be praised when Chelsea win

Back