The Manchester United Thread

Leeds United A.F.C.???Manchester United F.C. rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

never have been? the 70's say different. Leeds and Man United were massive rivals, always have been, just because divisions now keep you apart the rivalry doesnt stop.

Ok, I admit it my comments re the Leeds rivalry were a bit of a wind up (the mentioning of that story was an indication of that). Of course we have been rivals in pre -historic times when even uncle MAD was a wee nipper. Hopefully never coming back again. And yes I also admit that I always look at the Champo results looking for how Leeds did (and hoping they lost again).

Mourinho time and again shows that he's by far the best. You might choose not to see it (mainly by not liking how he conducts himself) but its blindingly obvious. Yesterday he took a severely truncated team to LFC (I mean Kalas at cb for the first time among others - who I hear was great) who were hitherto blowing people apart and restricted them to having mostly shots from outside the box in another tactical masterclass (yes the players did well but it was the tactics what won the match). Ok calling him God was a "bit" OTT but I was so happy that cos of him there's a glimmer of hope that LFC wont win the EPL. Ok ****** winning it is only marginally better but still better ...

Last edited:
Ok, I admit it my comments re the Leeds rivalry were a bit of a wind up (the mentioning of that story was an indication of that). Of course we have been rivals in pre -historic times when even uncle MAD was a wee nipper. Hopefully never coming back again. And yes I also admit that I always look at the Champo results looking for how Leeds did (and hoping they lost again).

Mourinho time and again shows that he's by far the best. You might choose not to see it (mainly by not liking how he conducts himself) but its blindingly obvious. Yesterday he took a severely truncated team to LFC (I mean Kalas at cb for the first time among others - who I hear was great) who were hitherto blowing people apart and restricted them to having mostly shots from outside the box in another tactical masterclass (yes the players did well but it was the tactics what won the match). Ok calling him God was a "bit" OTT but I was so happy that cos of him there's a glimmer of hope that LFC wont win the EPL. Ok ****** winning it is only marginally better but still better ...

Kalas was very calm and composed, he and Ivanovic did us a favour by keeping Suarez quiet throughout - it's as if Kalas had been playing alongside Terry or Ferdinand for years.

Kalas was very calm and composed, he and Ivanovic did us a favour by keeping Suarez quiet throughout - it's as if Kalas had been playing alongside Terry or Ferdinand for years.

Yeah I understood that from the radio commentary

City winning it is like 1000x worse than LFC.. Liverpool deserved the title a lot more than Chelsea or City. They have showed that football is about entertainment and fast gameplay.

City winning it is like 1000x worse than LFC.. Liverpool deserved the title a lot more than Chelsea or City. They have showed that football is about entertainment and fast gameplay.

For ManUtd Liverpool winning it is 10000X worse.

End of the season whoever tops the league deserves the title.

paddy power erected a statue (if you could call it that) of moyes outside anfield - liverpool lost....

Coincidence? I think not.

As a United fan I'd much rather anyone but Liverpool win the title. Liverpool fans are my worst enemy and to see them rub it in all season over Moyes and now them hopefully throw away the title would be glorious. What makes it even sweeter is that this was their best opportunity to do it as well because they had nothing else to focus on so constantly had good breaks between games. Also not counting the fact United have been so poor.

As a United fan I'd much rather anyone but Liverpool win the title. Liverpool fans are my worst enemy and to see them rub it in all season over Moyes and now them hopefully throw away the title would be glorious. What makes it even sweeter is that this was their best opportunity to do it as well because they had nothing else to focus on so constantly had good breaks between games. Also not counting the fact United have been so poor.

Yeah, my heart would like Liverpool to win - the first time in 25 years they had a realistic chance etc. But after the amount of banter I've had to endure about Arsenal bottling it, I wouldn't be unhappy if City managed it.

From my point of view, City and Chelsea have no real limits for their spending, so seeing Liverpool title winners and resurgent is still going to add another major player in the pot. As it is, they will qualify for CL (a massive deal for them), but missing out on any silverware with Stevie G getting a year older, and Suarez approaching his late 20s with all of the improved CL wage contracts they need to sign (alongside their debt) makes it harder for them to stengthen and keeps Arsenal comparatively in a stronger position.

Liverpool winning it is definitely the best for neutrals and PL as a whole. Top 4 fight could use more competition and Liverpool could definitely use the money. But after Stambul they probably run out of miracle title wins for next hundred years.

Yeah, my heart would like Liverpool to win - the first time in 25 years they had a realistic chance etc. But after the amount of banter I've had to endure about Arsenal bottling it, I wouldn't be unhappy if City managed it.

Seriously. I'd love to see Gerrard win the Prem trophy his career deserved, but some Liverpool fans have been unbearable recently.

I don't want Gerrard to win anything.

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Would actually love it if they lose it by ****** winning all matches from now and therefore he'll have the rest of his life to contemplate what might have been had he not slipped ...

Who cares about deserve mate?!! Im not one of those mythical people called "neutrals". I have UTD in my blood.

Oh and football is about winning. And tho Id hate to see ****** lift it I deffo would hate it so much more if LFC lifts it instead. Because I hate them like almost nothing else and because it would mean that they become yet another contender to have to deal with especially nowadays.

If I had a choice other than Utd id prefer Chelsea to win it:

1) Have no history with them - no real rivalry.
2) They got no history so Im not bothered if they taste a bit more success.
3) As people may have guessed about me, I quite like Mourinho.

Who cares about deserve mate?!! Im not one of those mythical people called "neutrals". I have UTD in my blood.

Oh and football is about winning. And tho Id hate to see ****** lift it I deffo would hate it so much more if LFC lifts it instead. Because I hate them like almost nothing else and because it would mean that they become yet another contender to have to deal with especially nowadays.

If I had a choice other than Utd id prefer Chelsea to win it:

1) Have no history with them - no real rivalry.
2) They got no history so Im not bothered if they taste a bit more success.
3) As people may have guessed about me, I quite like Mourinho.

Most of us like Mourinho - we just hate his f*cking guts.

Happy with what who papers are linking us with again today Strootman,Kroos,Kolasinac.

Strootman isn't happening. Kroos is unlikely.

Kolasinac is very possible but I'm not certain he's that good. I've only watched him twice, mind.

Strootman isn't happening. Kroos is unlikely.

Kolasinac is very possible but I'm not certain he's that good. I've only watched him twice, mind.

If we get Van Gaal then I wouldnt rule out Strootman, not in this summer as he is injured and Jan it's highly impossible to sign players from big club but in the next summer I would say we have good chance if we still have midfield problems.

Back