The Manchester United Thread

Happy with what who papers are linking us with again today Strootman,Kroos,Kolasinac.

Its all BS - how can they possibly know without a permanent manager being appointed?! What if its not LVG?

Anyway Kroos is staying at Bayern, Strootman's been injured for some time and wont happen anyway and Kolasinac is far too young/raw and I also find it odd that its him who is reported to have said we re after him.

If we get Van Gaal then I wouldnt rule out Strootman, not in this summer as he is injured and Jan it's highly impossible to sign players from big club but in the next summer I would say we have good chance if we still have midfield problems.

I'm not going to entirely rule it out, but it's really unlikely. Strootman loves Roma, they love him, he has the CL and he's playing for a manager with great mutual respect between them, tied down to a contract at a club that has the finances to pay him more and is on the up.

Its all BS - how can they possibly know without a permanent manager being appointed?! What if its not LVG?

Because, as we've gone over many times before, the manager is not responsible for transfers.

Some papers in the netherlands say that LVG just signed a 3 year contract with a wage of 10m euro's per year. Don't think anything is confirmed.

Not for buying players, but for identifying targets yes, very much.

But without a manager, that's a moot point. The manager helps to identify targets, but if there's no manager the scouting team take over. Kroos has been tracked by United for over a year now after all.

But without a manager, that's a moot point. The manager helps to identify targets, but if there's no manager the scouting team take over. Kroos has been tracked by United for over a year now after all.
Can't argue with that.

I can, but hey, i'm not a troll.

I can't think of a good CM realistic option apart from Rakitic or Herrera..... which is kind of worrying, admittedly they are 2 very good players but even those aren't certain.

Oh and Carvalho obviously.

I can't think of a good CM realistic option apart from Rakitic or Herrera..... which is kind of worrying, admittedly they are 2 very good players but even those aren't certain.

Oh and Carvalho obviously.
We don't know who is realistic or no tbh, yes there will be a few but I think there will be more available than we think.

Don't think Pjanic would work in a 2 man central midfield pairing against anyone decent.

Erm, not even for identifying them? Have we turned into Spurs while I wasnt looking?!!!

Sure, he's involved in identifying them, but as I said above, that's irrelevant here. United's scouting team have had targets they've been tracking for years and the club knows who they'd like to buy. Anyone LVG theoretically wants would only be added onto that list, it wouldn't replace it. As such, United tracking targets makes total sense right now. No point waiting until you've appointed a manager and wasted half the window as targets sign new contracts or get sold to other clubs.

Erm, not even for identifying them? Have we turned into Spurs while I wasnt looking?!!!

Targets have bee identified some time ago. And we've spoken to Van Gaal for some weeks now (another sign of us treating Moyes badly, not because we were looking for another manager, but because while doing this, we were telling him he was safe!) They will have and discussions about style and wants and needs. In fact we know LVG would want at least 4 new players, and one will be a box to box CM if his tactical history is anything to go by., (unless he brings fletcher and Cleverley back to life shomehow)

Targets have bee identified some time ago. And we've spoken to Van Gaal for some weeks now (another sign of us treating Moyes badly, not because we were looking for another manager, but because while doing this, we were telling him he was safe!) They will have and discussions about style and wants and needs. In fact we know LVG would want at least 4 new players, and one will be a box to box CM if his tactical history is anything to go by., (unless he brings fletcher and Cleverley back to life shomehow)

Pity they didnt think to do that with Moyes last year.

Yep. Cant fault Moyes for taking the job, can fault the board for not actually running the rule over him.

Unless they did and are just useless at their job, but it seems much more likely they just flat out took Fergie's recommendation without any consideration just because it's Fergie.

Unless they did and are just useless at their job, but it seems much more likely they just flat out took Fergie's recommendation without any consideration just because it's Fergie.

I think this summer is the true test of Ed Woodward, the man was good in his previous role at the club so who knows, maybe he was just getting warmed up.

However I do think just to deny any blame of Moyes for last summer would be wrong. Why did he turn down Thiago and then allow the Fellaini for 27m allow to go through... he would of looked better just not signing anyone than signing him. He still has that against him to this day and it still just looks like a terrible panic buy.

dont think the t-virus could do anything for cleverley

I think this summer is the true test of Ed Woodward, the man was good in his previous role at the club so who knows, maybe he was just getting warmed up.

However I do think just to deny any blame of Moyes for last summer would be wrong. Why did he turn down Thiago and then allow the Fellaini for 27m allow to go through... he would of looked better just not signing anyone than signing him. He still has that against him to this day and it still just looks like a terrible panic buy.

Easy to say in hindsight. Fellaini had had a couple of excellent seasons behind him at Everton and was already looking like he was ready for the next level. If it had worked out United would've solved their biggest problem at a stroke and been set at that position for half a decade.

Back