The Manchester United Thread

Easy to say in hindsight. Fellaini had had a couple of excellent seasons behind him at Everton and was already looking like he was ready for the next level. If it had worked out United would've solved their biggest problem at a stroke and been set at that position for half a decade.

Yeh.. but Moyes said in a press conference about Fabregas as well, another mistake in my opinion. Hardly looks great when you are chasing players like him and end up with Fellaini.

I think this summer is the true test of Ed Woodward, the man was good in his previous role at the club so who knows, maybe he was just getting warmed up.

However I do think just to deny any blame of Moyes for last summer would be wrong. Why did he turn down Thiago and then allow the Fellaini for 27m allow to go through... he would of looked better just not signing anyone than signing him. He still has that against him to this day and it still just looks like a terrible panic buy.

He didn't have the power to pull the plug on transfer. If Fellaini was a Moyes target transfer would have been done by the time his RC ended.

And who says Moyes turned down Thiago? More likely scenario is that Thiago turned down Moyes and Utd.

According to Jamie Jackson, if LVG were to arrive he would bring Kluivert, but not initally as his number 2, to allow him to pick Giggs, but there is no pressure on him to do so.

Yeh.. but Moyes said in a press conference about Fabregas as well, another mistake in my opinion. Hardly looks great when you are chasing players like him and end up with Fellaini.

can you just not let it go hes gone be happy let sleeping dogs lie

I think this summer is the true test of Ed Woodward, the man was good in his previous role at the club so who knows, maybe he was just getting warmed up.

However I do think just to deny any blame of Moyes for last summer would be wrong. Why did he turn down Thiago and then allow the Fellaini for 27m allow to go through... he would of looked better just not signing anyone than signing him. He still has that against him to this day and it still just looks like a terrible panic buy.
Actually Moyes was the one who told Woodward a double bid wouldn't work, which he promptly ignored.

He didn't have the power to pull the plug on transfer. If Fellaini was a Moyes target transfer would have been done by the time his RC ended.

And who says Moyes turned down Thiago? More likely scenario is that Thiago turned down Moyes and Utd.

If Moyes didn't have the power to prevent that Fellaini signing then I am beyond shocked.

If Moyes didn't have the power to prevent that Fellaini signing then I am beyond shocked.
He wanted him, just not in the manner it was done, and lets not rewrite history, a lot of United fans on this forum and elsewhere did much earlier on.

Why? He has just arrived and Fellaini might have been one of targets set out by SAF and scouting team earlier. Would Woodward prevent transfer which might have been approved by team in place just because new manager comes in and says no.

Why? He has just arrived and Fellaini might have been one of targets set out by SAF and scouting team earlier. Would Woodward prevent transfer which might have been approved by team in place just because new manager comes in and says no.

If Moyes was the new manager came in he should be able to pull the plug on any transfer as it's going to be his team to manage.

But LVG will almost certainly have given a list to them, and the club will look at what they have done, and go from there.

Yes of course. But what I was saying is that LVG has not been confirmed yet...

But LVG will almost certainly have given a list to them, and the club will look at what they have done, and go from there.

If he's the next manager... still secretly hoping we go for someone a bit more adventurous and can come in straight away.

They (Sports Interactive) should maybe take this into consideration when building FM15.

If a club like Manchester United couldn't attract a player like Thiago, even Ander Herrera(sp?) and potentially Marco Reus, let alone managers in the names of Guardiola and Klopp, then why is it so easily happening in the game?

I could edit the club 200 million, start the game, sell everyone and buy a brand new team, with Reus, Costa, Vidal, you name it and they would all be "extremely interested" regardless of whether or not I am a Sunday league footballer with next to no experience.. unlike David Moyes, who had built himself a reputation at Everton, eh?

They (Sports Interactive) should maybe take this into consideration when building FM15.

If a club like Manchester United couldn't attract a player like Thiago, even Ander Herrera(sp?) and potentially Marco Reus, let alone managers in the names of Guardiola and Klopp, then why is it so easily happening in the game?

I could edit the club 200 million, start the game, sell everyone and buy a brand new team, with Reus, Costa, Vidal, you name it and they would all be "extremely interested" regardless of whether or not I am a Sunday league footballer with next to no experience.. unlike David Moyes, who had built himself a reputation at Everton, eh?

I see your point but you do know Herrera was desperate to come, we just ****** it up. I don't know if it's true but Gotze has quoted Reus wants to join United and supports us.

Back