The Manchester United Thread

I see your point but you do know Herrera was desperate to come, we just ****** it up. I don't know if it's true but Gotze has quoted Reus wants to join United and supports us.

This Herrera

"I am tired about this issue. People are going to think that I want an exit but it is not true. I have said already that I am happy in Athletic Bilbao and I am going to stay here."

Yep sounds desperate.

This Herrera

"I am tired about this issue. People are going to think that I want an exit but it is not true. I have said already that I am happy in Athletic Bilbao and I am going to stay here."

Yep sounds desperate.

I thought we were talking about last summer...

He said that last summer.

United wouldnt pay the released and he wasnt arsed about staying or going..

Herrera did want to come last summer, I don't know when that quote came along but if you believe everything a player says at face value then you're being naive.

So you' believe the gossip of papers over the statement from the player, and both clubs that a bid wasnt made?? Yep, im the naive one. like paper talk holds more water. hahaha

Because players have never said one thing after doing another?

Because players have never said one thing after doing another?

wasnt that, just the well the player only said that, i read the gossip... haha you're a idiot for believing such statements side of it, i found funny.

Unless they did and are just useless at their job, but it seems much more likely they just flat out took Fergie's recommendation without any consideration just because it's Fergie.
There was a rumour (not sure if it has any value or where I saw it) that it was the Glazers decision to get Moyes not Fergies as they thought he would be able to maintain reasonable success without spending too much, compared to if someone like Mourinho came in.

Not sure about Van Gaal myself, getting bad vibes. I don't see how we can fit in all our attack minded players as I can't see Van Gaal shipping RVP out, Waynes just signed a 5 year deal and Mata is twice the player roaming behind the striker compared to wide right from what i've seen.

Call me a romantic all you like but I would love nothing more than for Giggs to get the job permanently at the end of the season. Watching your idol play and win everything you can win for your team throughout your childhood then to go on to manage your club. Not much better than that. The man's a born winner. The way Ferguson talks about him in his autobiography as the leader of the class of 92, the one they all looked up to. I think he knew this would happen one day.

There was a rumour (not sure if it has any value or where I saw it) that it was the Glazers decision to get Moyes not Fergies as they thought he would be able to maintain reasonable success without spending too much, compared to if someone like Mourinho came in.

They might have all agreed on Moyes as if Moyes weren't SAF's choice he wouldn't have taken the time to visit Moyes to inform he's the next manager.

Not sure about Van Gaal myself, getting bad vibes. I don't see how we can fit in all our attack minded players as I can't see Van Gaal shipping RVP out, Waynes just signed a 5 year deal and Mata is twice the player roaming behind the striker compared to wide right from what i've seen.

Call me a romantic all you like but I would love nothing more than for Giggs to get the job permanently at the end of the season. Watching your idol play and win everything you can win for your team throughout your childhood then to go on to manage your club. Not much better than that. The man's a born winner. The way Ferguson talks about him in his autobiography as the leader of the class of 92, the one they all looked up to. I think he knew this would happen one day.

Years too early. Being a winner is one thing, managing a club day to day is another, he needs to learn the ropes first, we're not in the position to gamble.

Who cares about deserve mate?!! Im not one of those mythical people called "neutrals". I have UTD in my blood.

Oh and football is about winning. And tho Id hate to see ****** lift it I deffo would hate it so much more if LFC lifts it instead. Because I hate them like almost nothing else and because it would mean that they become yet another contender to have to deal with especially nowadays.

If I had a choice other than Utd id prefer Chelsea to win it:

1) Have no history with them - no real rivalry.
2) They got no history so Im not bothered if they taste a bit more success.
3) As people may have guessed about me, I quite like Mourinho.
So basically you support "New money".. #logic. United are in my blood also, but my 2nd and 3rd favourites in England are Liverpool & Arsenal.

So basically you support "New money".. #logic. United are in my blood also, but my 2nd and 3rd favourites in England are Liverpool & Arsenal.
And you basically support the 3 most successful teams in the league? #iloveglory

I thought you wanted us to take as few risks as possible?

Minimising the risk but still having a manager with experience, being more adventurous would be someone like De Boer instead of Van Gaal or Diego Simeone (as unlikely as he is). I think we'd all agree appointing Giggs would be a big risk and gamble.

And you basically support the 3 most successful teams in the league? #iloveglory

forget that, no united supporter would like their biggest rivals or one of the 4 or 5 teams that's challenged them for the premier league.

Minimising the risk but still having a manager with experience, being more adventurous would be someone like De Boer instead of Van Gaal or Diego Simeone (as unlikely as he is). I think we'd all agree appointing Giggs would be a big risk and gamble.
De Boer is a fair bit riskier than Van Gaal

De Boer's a bit untested. No offensive to anyone Dutch, but the Eredvise isn't the greatest league. Especially defensively.

49c446e721870b17a325b8f9740888d2f3010ce98f7f27a4c2fdfccefd964f55.jpg

Back