The Manchester United Thread

If Uniteds team was a different stage of it evolution Giggs woud be ideal, hes good enough to continue work that Fergie carried in midcycle, but this is a team/squad at the "break up, and new blood" stage, i dont think he's the right guy for that.

If the team was average. 25-28yrs rather than 30+ sure why not take a chance, but nahh not right now on giggs for me.

So basically you support "New money".. #logic. United are in my blood also, but my 2nd and 3rd favourites in England are Liverpool & Arsenal.

1. I dont support anybody but Utd. I dont have 2nd/3rd favourites and I dont support any other team anywhere in the world (tho I have a bit of a soft spot for Spurs as well as a team from my home country, Cyprus - but I dont support them far from it).
2. I most definitely dont support Chelski. Please read what I write. I said that if I had a choice I wouldnt want ******/Lfc to win it cos I hate one more than the other and I gave 3 clear reasons for "preferring" Chelski. Plus a very crucial reason why LFC must NOT win the EPL especially this season when we regressed.
3. So you basically you support the 3 most trophied teams in England. Brilliant. No offence mate but it sounds like you re 12 and you ve never been to England never mind OT. Otherwise you cannot have UTD in your blood and have anybody (let alone those two) as 2nd/3rd favourites.
4. I started supporting UTD back when we had Dave Sexton as coach - and struggled to win the odd League Cup. So its annoying when people imply that I am plastic/support "new money"/success etc.

Last edited:
Reus? Yeah. Rumours are, he's being offered 2 Million more, but his release clause will be removed.

Manchester United

Liked ? 3 hrs

Can you help a brave young Red in his fight against cancer? Oscar Hughes, aged 9, was well enough to lead out the United team at Old Trafford earlier this season but after a recent relapse, he requires vital but expensive treatment, possibly overseas. Please read more about Oscar on his fundraising page:Oscar's Fighting Fund by Ian Hughes - GoFundMe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United posted this on their facebook earlier, does anyone else find this quite insulting to the fans? They are asking us to help and donate to get the ??150,000 which is needed yet the players at United are earning like ??100,000 a week whilst most fans are earning what... ??350-?500 a week on an average wage?

Pretty disgusting if you ask me, I wish this lad well but I think it's a mockery asking us to donate when you consider if the players just delved between them and took a tiny tiny cut out of a weeks wages it would do it. Pathetic.

Manchester United

Liked ? 3 hrs

Can you help a brave young Red in his fight against cancer? Oscar Hughes, aged 9, was well enough to lead out the United team at Old Trafford earlier this season but after a recent relapse, he requires vital but expensive treatment, possibly overseas. Please read more about Oscar on his fundraising page:Oscar's Fighting Fund by Ian Hughes - GoFundMe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United posted this on their facebook earlier, does anyone else find this quite insulting to the fans? They are asking us to help and donate to get the ??150,000 which is needed yet the players at United are earning like ??100,000 a week whilst most fans are earning what... ??350-?500 a week on an average wage?

Pretty disgusting if you ask me, I wish this lad well but I think it's a mockery asking us to donate when you consider if the players just delved between them and took a tiny tiny cut out of a weeks wages it would do it. Pathetic.

What the players choose to do with their money isn't the club's business. Call the players disgusting, not the club.

And of course, it is the players choice to do what they want with their money, like I said. I'm not going to criticise anyone for not giving money to charity.

What the players choose to do with their money isn't the club's business. Call the players disgusting, not the club.

I think it looks bad on both the club and the players. When you consider **** like 200m waiting for transfers this summer and someones life is at danger... puts football into context.

I think it looks bad on both the club and the players. When you consider **** like 200m waiting for transfers this summer and someones life is at danger... puts football into context.

Problem is, if the club steps in and pays for it, that just encourages hundreds more people to contact the club looking for handouts. There's an endless stream of sick little boys and not an endless stream of money. It just wouldn't be fair on those who miss out. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

Problem is, if the club steps in and pays for it, that just encourages hundreds more people to contact the club looking for handouts. There's an endless stream of sick little boys and not an endless stream of money. It just wouldn't be fair on those who miss out. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

Fair point, sickening truth of modern society. It no doubt will be raised by the fans anyway but it's still not right.

Robin Van Persie racing against time to be fit for the Sunderland game, apparently.

Januzaj is going to be included in the preliminary Belgium squad. Hopefully, he can get some minutes against Sunderland and Hull.

Many of you tell how terrible Fellaini & Cleverly are, well both are a role players in 3 man midfield. While United plays 90% of games with 2 man midfield, with either 2 strikers in front or with a Shadow Striker role for Kagawa/Mata/Rooney. In which case, there are 2 midfielders in the deep, who have to keep the game flowing.

Neither of which, Fellaini or Cleverly are that good that they can fill that role against the European best clubs.

Fellaini was never a proper CM, he always drifted upfront, and was more useful in the hole as a False 10 of sorts. And how exactly is Cleverley not a 2 man midfielder? His confidence is just simply shattered to try to pass the ball upfront. United were mostly instructed to remain defensive under Moyes, and Cleverley just passed sideways as a result;; got criticised by fans for it, and his performances dripped way below due to the resulting lack of confidence. He's not a first team player, but he's definitely an excellent option as rotation.

Times, Telegraph reporting that Van Gaal will be appointed on Monday.

James Ducker
@DuckerTheTimes
Louis van Gaal expected to be confirmed as new #MUFC manager within the next week/Giggs role still uncertain thetim.es

The same thing Mark Ogden also tweeted. Both said Giggs role is uncertain, meaning he will stay but not sure about the role.

Back