The Manchester United Thread

Hasn't won anything yet son! ;)

Not sure if this is a joke as I didn't read previous posts but he has won more than Jose in last 2-3 years, only thing missing is League title which looks very likely now.

Europa League, Spanish cup, European super cup.

Strootman had basically been hinting that he would love to join us last summer and we didn't even bat an eye. He waited and waited for us to put in a bid until he finally had enough and went to Roma. Miraculously, all of the sudden he would love to join us now? I firmly believe that everyone in this world would feel the pain of rejection, and with him playing CL with Roma and being adored by the fans, there is almost 0 chance that he would go out of his way and join us this summer. Not after what we did to him last summer.

Don't waste your time on targets that won't happen anytime soon.. We need to realistic and look for players with release clauses and those who just missed out Champions League or those whose teams haven't filled their expectations in last years.

Not sure if this is a joke as I didn't read previous posts but he has won more than Jose in last 2-3 years, only thing missing is League title which looks very likely now.

Europa League, Spanish cup, European super cup.

Yeah I was joking. :P Anyone who argues against Simeone is a bit stupid, it's clear he's a wonderfully talented manager.

Strootman said when he moved to Roma from PSV that he mostly only stays about 2 seasons at the same club because he devellops pretty fast. If you look at his historey this is pretty true. He went from Sparta to FC Utrecht, became international and after a year he went to PSV. After 2 years he's vice-captain of the Dutch team and he got a transfer to Roma. He isn't really loyal to a club and i think after another year he'll probably move again from Roma if he keeps developping. He'd stay this year because he missed half a season because of his injury.

Strootman had basically been hinting that he would love to join us last summer and we didn't even bat an eye. He waited and waited for us to put in a bid until he finally had enough and went to Roma. Miraculously, all of the sudden he would love to join us now? I firmly believe that everyone in this world would feel the pain of rejection, and with him playing CL with Roma and being adored by the fans, there is almost 0 chance that he would go out of his way and join us this summer. Not after what we did to him last summer.

Wasn't just us, but yes, he was very bitter about the way several tops clubs all made noises then ****** off

Yeah I was joking. :P Anyone who argues against Simeone is a bit stupid, it's clear he's a wonderfully talented manager.

I'd still take LVG over Simeone. We need that kind of manager right now

I wasn't saying LVG was chasing Strootman (unless you believe what you read of course). What I meant was if the reports were true and LVG did want Strootman, then surely he more than most would know if we had a chance or not before even bothering to go for him.

Strootman said when he moved to Roma from PSV that he mostly only stays about 2 seasons at the same club because he devellops pretty fast. If you look at his historey this is pretty true. He went from Sparta to FC Utrecht, became international and after a year he went to PSV. After 2 years he's vice-captain of the Dutch team and he got a transfer to Roma. He isn't really loyal to a club and i think after another year he'll probably move again from Roma if he keeps developping. He'd stay this year because he missed half a season because of his injury.

Roma is on a rise and I'd say they currently are developing quicker as a club than Strootman as a player. That's partially down to his injury, but if they can keep this up next season and do well in CL there's no reason for him to leave so soon.

Roma is on a rise and I'd say they currently are developing quicker as a club than Strootman as a player. That's partially down to his injury, but if they can keep this up next season and do well in CL there's no reason for him to leave so soon.

Roma is on rise but ManUtd is on another level to them when it comes to stature.

Man Utd vs Liverpool reserves is live tonight on MUTV and is on free view if anyone wanted to watch it, Should be a cracker of a semi final. Starts 7:30.

Tom Lawrence is some player, also he was offered contract extension. Looks very good on the ball..

That's the problem with the media. They're feeding off the fans and older players' desire that Giggs should be given the job. With all the LVG drama, Giggs might have the backing of the board to be a major part of the staff and probably next in line to get the job.

I'd say the board mostly has a bit of a problem with Van Gaal, as he can be very controversial. Sort of like Mourinho, except Mourinho always gets away in the media with his bullshit endavours. Van Gaal won't. If its true that Bobby Charlton hates the way Jose behaves, I'd imagine he might also have a problem with manager who is capable of literally walking around the backroom waving his **** at people.

I completely agree that after the bitter season United needs seasoned manager who will be up to the challenge, but for the same reasons it wouldn't hurt if he was also media darling. Which Van Gaal isn't, and Giggs is.

I'd say the board mostly has a bit of a problem with Van Gaal, as he can be very controversial. Sort of like Mourinho, except Mourinho always gets away in the media with his bullshit endavours. Van Gaal won't. If its true that Bobby Charlton hates the way Jose behaves, I'd imagine he might also have a problem with manager who is capable of literally walking around the backroom waving his **** at people.

I completely agree that after the bitter season United needs seasoned manager who will be up to the challenge, but for the same reasons it wouldn't hurt if he was also media darling. Which Van Gaal isn't, and Giggs is.

Giggs is the media darling.....right, they made sure the world never forgot what a love rat he was. His own brother moved on and was joking about being part of the staff. On the other hand, his father apparently has still not forgiven him and didn't support his appointment.

Giggs is certainly no more of a media darling than Terry (and Suarez up until this season), but which one of us gives a f**k about that anyway?

I'd support van Gaal if he was to make sensible moves in the transfer market. At least he knows how to mark his territory, unlike Moyes....

Giggs is the media darling.....right, they made sure the world never forgot what a love rat he was.

So? If Queen of England shaves her had and joins a punk band, it will be in the news, doesn't mean the media hate her.

Giggs is certainly no more of a media darling than Terry (and Suarez up until this season).

Well that's just wrong. Media always had their noses up his ***. Giggs was Beckham before Beckham was Beckham.

which one of us gives a f**k about that anyway?

Normally you shouldn't. The issure here is that Van Gaal is ******* awful at handling the press and sports press in UK is the worst there is. So in that sense Giggs in the job might seem appealing.

Back