The Manchester United Thread

Hope he does wonders with Fellini,Cleverley,Jones,Nani, but I suppose that would make him superman!
Honestly? He can improve the latter 3, suspect he might sanction the sale of Fellaini though

What you need is a player like Barkley. Just sayin' :D

I'd rather Ward-Prowse, for the future. Less noise about him, so probably cheaper, in relation to Barkley, whom everyone seems to be chasing..

I'd rather Ward-Prowse, for the future. Less noise about him, so probably cheaper, in relation to Barkley, whom everyone seems to be chasing..

If you're watching the match right now you'd see why.

quite simply he's an outstanding talent

COGFmqL.png

If you're watching the match right now you'd see why.

quite simply he's an outstanding talent

Oh, I'm not denying that at all, Barkley is brilliant. But quite simply, there has also been too much noise around Barkley, he won't be available easily, and will be horribly expensive considering the number of clubs that will be after him.. Especially because we also need to invest in other areas this summer.. Someone like Ward-Prowse would be a better buy overall, is what I'm saying.

Oh, I'm not denying that at all, Barkley is brilliant. But quite simply, there has also been too much noise around Barkley, he won't be available easily, and will be horribly expensive considering the number of clubs that will be after him.. Especially because we also need to invest in other areas this summer.. Someone like Ward-Prowse would be a better buy overall, is what I'm saying.

There's going to be some insane offers for Shaw I suspect. Be watching that with interest to see what happens

There's going to be some insane offers for Shaw I suspect. Be watching that with interest to see what happens

It'll probably only be a close run-in between Chelsea and us, if LvG decides he wants Shaw.

Hopefully yesterday's result will put end to all this "Giggs should be our next manager". I love him to become ManUtd manager but not now, we need someone with experience to lay foundations for the future, problem with Giggs is he believes pacy wingers is the way to go which means Valencia will start almost every game.

Yesterday it was like watching game against Fulham, endless crossing with only Hernandez in the box. IIRC Young alone played upto 20 crosses yesterday.

We need Van Gaal to build from the scratch and remove the deadwood immediately. Problem with Giggs is he said Rio and Evra should be given extensions, I don't mind Evra as we don't have anyone there but Rio is way past it and should be shown door or should be given back up role and smaller wage.

Hopefully yesterday's result will put end to all this "Giggs should be our next manager". I love him to become ManUtd manager but not now, we need someone with experience to lay foundations for the future, problem with Giggs is he believes pacy wingers is the way to go which means Valencia will start almost every game.

Yesterday it was like watching game against Fulham, endless crossing with only Hernandez in the box. IIRC Young alone played upto 20 crosses yesterday.

We need Van Gaal to build from the scratch and remove the deadwood immediately. Problem with Giggs is he said Rio and Evra should be given extensions, I don't mind Evra as we don't have anyone there but Rio is way past it and should be shown door or should be given back up role and smaller wage.

The problem was Hernandez was dropping back a lot. If he'd stayed further forward, someone like Kagawa or Januzaj could have been delivering balls into the box instead of Nani and Young. By the time Januzaj and Welbeck came on and attempted to stretch the play, Sunderland were content with parking the bus and marking van Persie tightly. We were so bad that we actually allowed them to counter-attack with ease.

The problem was Hernandez was dropping back a lot. If he'd stayed further forward, someone like Kagawa or Januzaj could have been delivering balls into the box instead of Nani and Young. By the time Januzaj and Welbeck came on and attempted to stretch the play, Sunderland were content with parking the bus and marking van Persie tightly. We were so bad that we actually allowed them to counter-attack with ease.

Hernandez as a lone striker proved to be ineffective again. He needs players around him to be supporting him closely, linking up and feeding him. Young and Nani both dawdled for too long out wide which means he either has to hold his position or coming deep to create space for midfield runners. I think this is what he intended to do but neither Carrick or Fletcher made forward runs. The lack of energy in this side is ridiculous.

I thought front players played decently vs. Sunderland. Its the central midfield that's a problem. Carrick and Fletcher were so passive and conservative it was painful too watch. You can't break sides with 4 people, you just can't. At least not when they had time to set up defensive perimeter, which Sunderland could comfortably do having a lead.

United are extremely easy to read when in possession. The only thing central midfield is capable of is playing sideways passes (and even that is quite adventurous by their standards). As a consequence Nani/Young or whoever is on the wing are always outnumbered. You can hardly blame Hernandez for not working the channels when nobody in entire side can play a through ball and the only thing coming his way are desperate unprepared crosses.