The Manchester United Thread

I thought front players played decently vs. Sunderland. Its the central midfield that's a problem. Carrick and Fletcher were so passive and conservative it was painful too watch. You can't break sides with 4 people, you just can't. At least not when they had time to set up defensive perimeter, which Sunderland could comfortably do having a lead.

United are extremely easy to read when in possession. The only thing central midfield is capable of is playing sideways passes (and even that is quite adventurous by their standards). As a consequence Nani/Young or whoever is on the wing are always outnumbered. You can hardly blame Hernandez for not working the channels when nobody in entire side can play a through ball and the only thing coming his way are desperate unprepared crosses.

What else would you expect from Carrick/Fletcher/Cleverley? They've been taught to play football that way in the past 3/4 years. Ever since Scholes left, there hasn't been any creativity in midfield - which is why a Kroos/Carvalho or Fabregas/Carvalho partnership would work wonders.

What else would you expect from Carrick/Fletcher/Cleverley? They've been taught to play football that way in the past 3/4 years. Ever since Scholes left, there hasn't been any creativity in midfield - which is why a Kroos/Carvalho or Fabregas/Carvalho partnership would work wonders.

People were blaming Hernandez, Nani et all, so I thought I'll chip in!

Frankly I'm surprised Giggs hasn't pick himself for the squad, given Carrick's ****** form.

After all best performance this year by United's midfielder was Giggs vs. Olympiakos.

People were blaming Hernandez, Nani et all, so I thought I'll chip in!

Frankly I'm surprised Giggs hasn't pick himself for the squad, given Carrick's ****** form.

After all best performance this year by United's midfielder was Giggs vs. Olympiakos.

Rumours are he's picking himself for Hull.

City been fined 50m and had there CL squad reduced from 25-21 players which 8 have to be home grown due to competition player registration ruling. City have appealed and will now be handed stiffer punishment if the independent investigation finds them still guilty. SSN.

Lawrence and Wilson start for United, have to say both deserve it. Lawrence was superb against Liverpool and Wilson had a great season for U21.

Lineups for the match later on:

Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling ,B?ttner; Carrick, Fellaini; Kagawa Januzaj Lawrence; Wilson.

Hull: Jakupovic; Rosenior, Bruce, Davies, Figueroa; Elmohamady, Meyler, Koren, Quinn; Long, Boyd.

Lawrence and Wilson start for United, have to say both deserve it. Lawrence was superb against Liverpool and Wilson had a great season for U21.
**** yeah that's made my day! They both have been good this season. Anymore youngsters in squad?

Lineups for the match later on:

Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling ,B?ttner; Carrick, Fellaini; Kagawa Januzaj Lawrence; Wilson.

Hull: Jakupovic; Rosenior, Bruce, Davies, Figueroa; Elmohamady, Meyler, Koren, Quinn; Long, Boyd.

If confirmed I'm very happy man. Lawrence and Wilson had pretty good season in reserves. I'm hoping Januzaj will be behind striker. Any info on bench?

If confirmed I'm very happy man. Lawrence and Wilson had pretty good season in reserves. I'm hoping Januzaj will be behind striker. Any info on bench?

Can't seem to find any yet but Giggs and Vidic I know are defo on bench

Too bad Varela/Janko didn't make on the bench.

Would have loved to see Varela starting as RB as he is very matured player but maybe it would have been overkill with Januzaj, Lawrence and Wilson starting already.

[video=youtube;kztdmIHvErQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztdmIHvErQ[/video]

One of those video's you can NEVER tire of watching repeatedly