The Manchester United Thread

look if any utd player did what gerrard did you and everyother teams fans would be taking the ****

When Gerrard slipped and handed chelsea the title a few years back they were loving it. so this moral high ground lark from them is two faced rubbish

[video=youtube;U-Uu4S1Bdn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Uu4S1Bdn0[/video]

Van Gaal saying ManUtd is the biggest club in the world and how he loves to have that job. Also his reaction is brilliant saying it's a stupid question when asked about what do you know about ManUtd.

Latest rumours state we'd have a chance to get Moura. He's been omitted from the WC squad, so that may make him rethink his future.. A pacy, fast winger who can run at defences is something we do need, and he'd be pretty good for us.. Plus, he young. IMO, keep either Nani or Valencia for rotation, play Januzaj on the left, and Moura on the right, and it'd be killer.

Latest rumours state we'd have a chance to get Moura. He's been omitted from the WC squad, so that may make him rethink his future.. A pacy, fast winger who can run at defences is something we do need, and he'd be pretty good for us.. Plus, he young. IMO, keep either Nani or Valencia for rotation, play Januzaj on the left, and Moura on the right, and it'd be killer.

Also PSG should sell before buying so might be a good chance to try for few of their players.

Also PSG should sell before buying so might be a good chance to try for few of their players.

Still think Cavani would be such a **** right stupid buy though.. it's like going into a sweet shop and buying some sherbet lemons... even though you know you already have plenty of sherbet lemons already.

Yeah, and I'd rather Lucas Moura over Cavani :\ Ideally, since RvP looks set to stay, and Rooney throwing a hissy fit over LvG's appointment, maybe sell Rooney and try for Lucas Moura. Mata can take his Shadow Striker role where he's more effective. Incidentally, PSG seem interested in Rooney >_>

Moura would probably be more open to a move than other we've been linked to like Marco Reus, methinks..

Even if Rooney leaves, we're still pretty deent in the striker department. No spending outageously on Cavani, please.. Although, if Hernandez also leaves, we might have to buy someone - either someone reasonable young, or slightly old.

Even if Rooney leaves, we're still pretty deent in the striker department. No spending outageously on Cavani, please.. Although, if Hernandez also leaves, we might have to buy someone - either someone reasonable young, or slightly old.
We have Angelo Henriquez.. I see also Nick Powell in squad next season and James Wilson probably on some Premier League loan next year, most likely. He needs a stable 30 games season next on the highest level.

I don't see Van Gaal playing with too many strikers, more like a 4-2-3-1 So Rvp/Rooney/Welbeck on top is more than enough. Give or take 1.

In Wingers department it's purely on how many deadwood we can ship off.

We have Angelo Henriquez.. I see also Nick Powell in squad next season and James Wilson probably on some Premier League loan next year, most likely. He needs a stable 30 games season next on the highest level.

I don't see Van Gaal playing with too many strikers, more like a 4-2-3-1 So Rvp/Rooney/Welbeck on top is more than enough. Give or take 1.

In Wingers department it's purely on how many deadwood we can ship off.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Henriquez :\ If so, yeah, we don't really need backups at all. I would love Nick Powell to be in our squad next season, he can be a good player for us. However, hasn't he been playing in an advanced role this season for Wigan? Here, he'd be playing in a more deeper role..

Still think Cavani would be such a **** right stupid buy though.. it's like going into a sweet shop and buying some sherbet lemons... even though you know you already have plenty of sherbet lemons already.

I'm not saying we should be going after Cavani, just that there is a chance to target PSG players as they need to sign players for other positions.

I would love to see Lucas at ManUtd and also Verratti. Not sure they will sell Verratti as he is key player for them.

Yeah, and I'd rather Lucas Moura over Cavani :\ Ideally, since RvP looks set to stay, and Rooney throwing a hissy fit over LvG's appointment, maybe sell Rooney and try for Lucas Moura. Mata can take his Shadow Striker role where he's more effective. Incidentally, PSG seem interested in Rooney >_>

Moura would probably be more open to a move than other we've been linked to like Marco Reus, methinks..

Yeah Lucas would be fantastic, we need someone with pace and skill on the ball to make Mata work even better.

I see we have dropped to 3rd richest club in Forbes now and have seen a drop in 11% in the last year, mainly due to no champs league next season. Club now worth estimated 1.65 bn.

I'm not saying we should be going after Cavani, just that there is a chance to target PSG players as they need to sign players for other positions.

I would love to see Lucas at ManUtd and also Verratti. Not sure they will sell Verratti as he is key player for them.

Yeah Lucas would be fantastic, we need someone with pace and skill on the ball to make Mata work even better.

I think both Moura and Verratti might be available as PSG need to cut their squad for CL. Also with Cabaye signing and Matuidi extending they are pretty well stocked in midfield especially if they keep Rabiot.

Key to those deals might be offering Rooney as a bait as they couldn't resist getting player of his calibre who could possibly work well with Ibra.

I think both Moura and Verratti might be available as PSG need to cut their squad for CL. Also with Cabaye signing and Matuidi extending they are pretty well stocked in midfield especially if they keep Rabiot.

Key to those deals might be offering Rooney as a bait as they couldn't resist getting player of his calibre who could possibly work well with Ibra.

Rooney will be attractive to them because of his stature, plus they already bid for him once before, apparently;; Could be a possible option. Supporters won't be as irritated with him moving, mainly because he ****** off a lot of fans with his contract status grandstanding. Thrice.

Verratti, don't know if we can get him. But if anyone has been watching Ligue 1, what sort of game does he play? Sits deep, tackling and trying killer balls, or does he need an enforcer next to him to be more effective?

In other news, a youth product named Marcus Rushford seems to be having issues with agreeing to a new contract, and apparently is among the few prospects with potential to make it into the first team.. Anyone seen him in action? City want to swoop in incase we don't agree to a contract, apparently..

Like most of United's targets, Marco Verratti is content at PSG. And, if anything, the two parties would like to stay with each other for as long as possible.

He's been linked with Juventus for a while, but has rid of those rumours recently. "Each year, people say I'm going to Juventus. It's a rumour that makes me happy, but I'm good in Paris. The club counts on me, makes me feel important."

EDIT: He's spoken to Sky Italia recently, and reiterated his happiness in France. Next to nil chance he'll come to Manchester United, or anywhere in England really.

Last edited:
Rooney will be attractive to them because of his stature, plus they already bid for him once before, apparently;; Could be a possible option. Supporters won't be as irritated with him moving, mainly because he ****** off a lot of fans with his contract status grandstanding. Thrice.

Verratti, don't know if we can get him. But if anyone has been watching Ligue 1, what sort of game does he play? Sits deep, tackling and trying killer balls, or does he need an enforcer next to him to be more effective?
He's not that good. Verratti. He's a foul machine with next to nothing physical presence. Not the faster either. He's very good at transition and bringing the ball from one end to another. IMO more aggressive ( not necessary in a good way) version of Kovacic.

Highly polished technical game. Superb ball control and great passing range for, who is still, a relatively up and coming midfielder in terms of progression and age development.

Likes to get forward to some degree and link up play with the attack, with short passes. Agile enough to get around players. Stamina is not quite there to play week in and week out though.

Negatives are that he lacks discipline, and picks up too many bookings. He's also very short (5'5"?) and thus a liability in the air almost every time. Other than that, with time, he should curb out those habits with the right coaches and players around him. Heralded in Italy, top clubs are desperate for him to come back.

As for an enforcer next to him, Matuidi often plays alongside him - an energetic, ball-winner who likes to run up and down the park - but also fouls a lot and lacks discipline. It's why Thiago Motta is so important to PSG, because he is (I guess) their version of Barcelona's Sergio Busquets. So perhaps Verratti does, but it's not totally necessary.

Last edited: